News Forum - Thousands of hotel bookings cancelled after vaccine measures introduced

Thaiger

Phuket Tourist Association (PTA) advisory president made it known to the public yesterday that at least 1,000 hotel bookings have been cancelled after Thailand decided tourists needed two Covid-19 vaccine doses before entering the kingdom. The Minister of Transport, Saksayam Chidchob, later confirmed that travellers without a vaccine certification can enter Thailand, but they might be randomly tested at the airport. Confusion over whether travellers need vaccination doses to enter Thailand continues. Saksayam announced on Saturday, January 7, that the entry measures made by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) on January 6 will be implemented from between now […]

The story Thousands of hotel bookings cancelled after vaccine measures introduced as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Cancellations of flights and hotels comes with no surprise, people will just re-book to another country an obvious fact.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

So 1000 covid vaccination conspiracy theorists cancel their trip.

This is devastating news. 

How about 1000 healthy young people who have rightly decided after putting on the balance the benefits and the risks that they did not need a covid vaccine cancel their trips.

Devastating news is that the 1000s covid vaccines fanatics will still be coming, old boring fats who cannot get their head around the fact that young people do not really need it unlike them. Bitter old boring fats. Great!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Manu said:

How about 1000 healthy young people who have rightly decided after putting on the balance the benefits and the risks that they did not need a covid vaccine cancel their trips.

Devastating news is that the 1000s covid vaccines fanatics will still be coming, old boring fats who cannot get their head around the fact that young people do not really need it unlike them. Bitter old boring fats. Great!

Boring old farts who did what was right for society rather than thinking "I'm all right Jack".

• Like 4

How about we stop worrying about what people decide to put or not put in their bodies. I am vaccinated because as a paramedic I really didn't have a choice. I am not boring, I am 52 so not that damn old and how much I fart is my personal business... LOL!

Even after 2 Moderna shots and a booster required by my employer I still caught Omicron, in Thailand, after 2 PCR tests, masks, 24 hour in an SHA plus hotel and buying insurance... and I had OG covid before the vaccines were ever even a reality. Me being vaccinated or not being vaccinated had apparently zero effect on me or anyone else. Apparently its just another reason for people to be shitty to each other. 

I don't see the point in painting with broad strokes assuming that everyone vaccinated or not vaccinated is some kind of horrible, fat, stupid, liberal, effeminite, conservative, conspiracy theorist. or whatever they are being accused of.

These are humans that we share the planet with. They didnt ask for this god awful nonsense.. they are doing the best they can to get through this the best they can like the rest of the world. Painting people with broad strokes isnt much different than racism... its sure doesn't show much intelligence. There are people out there that still kill other people wearing the wrong jersey at a sporting event... That is just another brand of stupid, thoughtless hatred... so cut it out!

• Like 4

The thousands of hotels and flights being cancelled was a reminder to Thailand that us dirty farang can take out dollars elsewhere even cheap Charlie money adds up and helps out the tourist economy and that money gets spread around every corner of Thailand in every sector. 

I laughed at a kneejerk reaction followed by another kneejerk reaction.... hilarious!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danbrooks2k said:

The thousands of hotels and flights being cancelled was a reminder to Thailand that us dirty farang can take out dollars elsewhere even cheap Charlie money adds up and helps out the tourist economy and that money gets spread around every corner of Thailand in every sector. 

I laughed at a kneejerk reaction followed by another kneejerk reaction.... hilarious!

They will never understand cause and effect. Any country that can stage a military coup on average every seven years, really doesn’t care what happens to the wider economy or its people. Those at the top will always survive no matter what. This is why Thailand has hardly moved in terms of relative development over the past 20 years or more. I suspect that this won’t change in the next 20 either. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

They will never understand cause and effect

Sadly, due to their lack of education and low IQ.......their knuckles drag along the ground and still can't see the bigger picture of advancing the country whilst enjoying their spoils.
Damn.......they really are that stupid.....but not surprising.

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

This is why Thailand has hardly moved in terms of relative development over the past 20 years or more

I would suggest the overall development of the country has effectively been on hold since the coups started approximately 80 years ago.

In fact, in the 20 years I've been here, I would say some things (Bureaucracy in particular) have actually gone backwards.

Thailand......a perfect example of how dictators should NEVER be allowed to be in control of a country.

I agree with the Japanese minister who recently advocated a 'World order' to control the authoritarian evil that abounds today.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Manu said:

How about an inaccurate statement from Phuket Assoc. This wouldn't be the first time they were caught making questionable statements. Back in the covid compensation claims, to hear them talk one would have expected 100% occupancy year round.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danbrooks2k said:

But thousands of flights were not cancelled. If one looks at the load levels and seat availabilities from the frequent flyer sites, one sees that there was no movement on premium seat availability. Nothing opened up. Typically, when a premium economy or business or first class seat  is cancelled, the airline quickly puts it back in the inventory for sale since the airline had to refund money. Possibly some cheap excursion class airfares were cancelled. So what? These are not the people who are the big spenders.  

The socio economic demographics of the unvaccinated indicate that the majority occupy lower socio economic positions. The vast majority of Europeans, especially the retirees, are vaccinated. It was Russians and who were primarily unvaccinated because the Russian vaccines were useless and not trustworthy. China gets a bad rep for its vaccines but they outperformed Russians, and more Chinese were vaccinated,

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vigo said:

But thousands of flights were not cancelled. If one looks at the load levels and seat availabilities from the frequent flyer sites, one sees that there was no movement on premium seat availability. Nothing opened up. Typically, when a premium economy or business or first class seat  is cancelled, the airline quickly puts it back in the inventory for sale since the airline had to refund money. Possibly some cheap excursion class airfares were cancelled. So what? These are not the people who are the big spenders.  

The socio economic demographics of the unvaccinated indicate that the majority occupy lower socio economic positions. The vast majority of Europeans, especially the retirees, are vaccinated. It was Russians and who were primarily unvaccinated because the Russian vaccines were useless and not trustworthy. China gets a bad rep for its vaccines but they outperformed Russians, and more Chinese were vaccinated,

Dude... "The socio economic demographics of the unvaccinated indicate that the majority occupy lower socio economic positions." Do you speak like that in normal day to day life?

Yes, thousands of Hotel reservations and flights were cancelled. Why in the name of god would you not cancel if you just found out you didn't meet the entry requirements? Even with the U-turn, some people are going to err on the side of caution and go elsewhere because Thailand is proving itself, yet again unreliable when you are trying to plan a vacation. This was supposed to be the first low season that had most restrictions done away with and to destroy that without giving people that already booked flights a grace period is just ridiculous.

I watched air Bnb prices plummet as people cancelled and the moment I heard about the U-turn I contacted my friend and his dad and they were able to get 2 great bookings for half the price they would have originally paid. Fortunately they used a super host that wont cancel their booking.

I work offshore as a paramedic. We have a skeleton crew. I have 12 hours a day with zero to keep me busy unless there is an injury or illness. I have monitored every news site and travel site available. Can I give you an exact number, no. But trust me. There is flight and hotel availability that wasn't there a week ago. Its been reported on quite a few news outlets. Did you expect those people not to cancel their flights? Duh...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Boring old farts who did what was right for society rather than thinking "I'm all right Jack".

Boring old fats who call conspiracy theorists the young healthy people who have rightly decided that there is no benefit to them nor anyone else to get a vaccine that they do not need do no good to society. Luckily these fanatics seem to be more in forums like this rather than in the real world: the past 4 months, I have met dozens of unvaccinated young healthy people as well as countless others who were forced to get the first 2 doses to get their freedom back or just to be able to work (thanks boring old fats) whom understand perfectly well the balance "benefits-risks" and their rights. Pratically all of them got covid 1, 2 or 3 times, stayed home with that cold for some days , without doing any wrong to society (countless of them were found at some point positive but had 0 symptoms). Still, boring old fats continue the hateful debate using the meaningless words "conspiracy theorists".

• Like 1

Still think this could have, in part, flowed from Big Joke's last crime busting crusade against dodgy Chinese here.    I'd ask him to comment but he's currently on 6-month TAD orders at Thailand's Global Warming and Penguin Monitoring Unit, McMurdo Station, Antarctica.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Manu said:

Boring old fats who call conspiracy theorists the young healthy people...

I am 74 years old and living happily in the LoS, so I suppose you might call me one of those 'fats'. One exception, though; I am NOT vaccinated, I do NOT believe in the plandemic[sic] and I definitely object to compulsory 'vaccination' for something I believe is nothing more than a global exercise in population control.

2 minutes ago, TWS60 said:

Still think this could have, in part, flowed from Big Joke's last crime busting crusade against dodgy Chinese here.    I'd ask him to comment but he's currently on 6-month TAD orders at Thailand's Global Warming and Penguin Monitoring Unit, McMurdo Station, Antarctica.

Given that most of those Chinese gangs would have links to the CCP, you may not be far off the mark with your theory. Strange how China wants to be the friendly big brother until a possible loss of face occurs and then the angry teeth are exposed... again :classic_angry:

1 minute ago, Viggen840 said:

I am 74 years old and living happily in the LoS, so I suppose you might call me one of those 'fats'. One exception, though; I am NOT vaccinated, I do NOT believe in the plandemic[sic] and I definitely object to compulsory 'vaccination' for something I believe is nothing more than a global exercise in population control.

"Boring old fats" are only a tiny minority of people that happened to be of a certain age (luckily). I am not sure about the rest of your comment, apart from compulsory vaccination, but that's your opinion.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Danbrooks2k said:

Did you expect those people not to cancel their flights? Duh...

Why hold onto a booking that you can't fulfill, or subject to conditions that have changed to those outside your level of control? This is just Thailand's hopeless junta rolling belly-up for big brother and the almighty baht the filthy communists bring with them.

Yes, I used the word 'filthy'. Ask any restaurant worker who spits on their floors. What sort of attitude does that engender?

17 minutes ago, Manu said:

Boring old fats who call conspiracy theorists the young healthy people who have rightly decided that there is no benefit to them nor anyone else to get a vaccine that they do not need do no good to society. Luckily these fanatics seem to be more in forums like this rather than in the real world: the past 4 months, I have met dozens of unvaccinated young healthy people as well as countless others who were forced to get the first 2 doses to get their freedom back or just to be able to work (thanks boring old fats) whom understand perfectly well the balance "benefits-risks" and their rights. Pratically all of them got covid 1, 2 or 3 times, stayed home with that cold for some days , without doing any wrong to society (countless of them were found at some point positive but had 0 symptoms). Still, boring old fats continue the hateful debate using the meaningless words "conspiracy theorists".

What a hateful post. I fear what you will be like in 40 or 50 years when you are also a boring old fart.

You have convinced me of one thing though. Any level of sympathy I had for the unvaccinated has now evaporated.

Just now, Rookiescot said:

What a hateful post. I fear what you will be like in 40 or 50 years when you are also a boring old fart.

You have convinced me of one thing though. Any level of sympathy I had for the unvaccinated has now evaporated.

How convenient. Hateful comment after hateful comment your conviction has been very clear, with level 0 of sympathy...well for so many... You have no argument to return so you attempt to turn the table around. And "boring old fats" are only a tiny minority of people who all happened to be a certain age, it is a very common expression in the UK for example, not a hateful insult. Calling anyone that does not think like you, that does not act like you although they have the right to "conspiracy theorists" is THE hateful comment. Try to debate and give an answer to my previous comment instead of just meaningless words cause you have nothing to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Manu said:

How convenient. Hateful comment after hateful comment your conviction has been very clear, with level 0 of sympathy...well for so many... You have no argument to return so you attempt to turn the table around. And "boring old fats" are only a tiny minority of people who all happened to be a certain age, it is a very common expression in the UK for example, not a hateful insult. Calling anyone that does not think like you, that does not act like you although they have the right to "conspiracy theorists" is THE hateful comment. Try to debate and give an answer to my previous comment instead of just meaningless words cause you have nothing to say.

I did and do have an argument. That people like you only thought of yourselves rather than wider society when it came to getting a vaccination.

You also display a huge amount of entitlement in that you also expect to benefit from the freedoms mass vaccination has now afforded us while not contributing yourself in any way.

Entitled young fart that you are.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Manu said:

Yeah, that's what I thought Rookiescot. Ha ha indeed...