News Forum - Covid travel restrictions return tomorrow

Thaiger

6 hours ago, Vigo said:

Not really, unless you are relying on land crossings. Remember that the verification will occur prior to arrival at a Thai airport. Airlines will have to verify documents pre boarding. Most countries kept their electronic covid passport data formats. I  have mine and  it even includes my booster. Most airlines previously required  client to upload the data  at electronic checkin.

I am wary of any extra requirement to enter Thailand. I don't mean to be rude, but you sound like you've never got unlucky with an immigration officer. Technicalities can ruin your day, or more.

1 hour ago, Highlandman said:

Fewer Indians have been arriving since late December due to new curbs on arrivals from Thailand....

Will take a look tomorrow on my return to CM.  What did see that the CM flights to Suvarnabhumi were packed to the gills this morning. All Thai and white seemingly EU foreigners with an odd one out hot Philippines gal. 

4 hours ago, feelmyrhythm said:

We have  NHS  certificates for Covid vaccinations  showing 3 jabs. The last ones were in Dec 2021. So my understanding is that this is sufficient. Howevever, I want to be sure before I buy tickets for my wife and I as we need to fly soon. We cannot delay till the end of the month. I managed to get through today (Sunday) to one airline (Lufthansa) and asked them about this and they were unaware of any Covid vaccination requirements. Even after I had explained about the  reintroduction of the latest Covid related requirements. They still said that as far as they are aware  all  Covid restrictions have been lifted.  

You still have time for a booster, and to be blunt, if you wish to be protected, get a booster before you leave.

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Will take a look tomorrow on my return to CM.  What did see that the CM flights to Suvarnabhumi were packed to the gills this morning. All Thai and white seemingly EU foreigners with an odd one out hot Philippines gal. 

If you wouldn't mind, would you be kind enough to update on the staffing issues.  Previously, not enough IMOs and there were delays. Also, if all renovations are finished. (This is for my selfish reasons, I am due up in March just in time to whinge and moan about burning season.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, feelmyrhythm said:

We have  NHS  certificates for Covid vaccinations  showing 3 jabs. The last ones were in Dec 2021. So my understanding is that this is sufficient. Howevever, I want to be sure before I buy tickets for my wife and I as we need to fly soon. We cannot delay till the end of the month. I managed to get through today (Sunday) to one airline (Lufthansa) and asked them about this and they were unaware of any Covid vaccination requirements. Even after I had explained about the  reintroduction of the latest Covid related requirements. They still said that as far as they are aware  all  Covid restrictions have been lifted.  

A mate of mine has just checked in with Lufthansa at BHX, on his way to Muscat then Suvarnabhumi.

Doesn't have any insurance due to his age, & Lufthansa didn't mention it.

Has all his Covid certificates, but wasn't asked about them either.

I'll update his progress later.

• Like 1

Just one more example of chaotic and illogical arrangements from Anutin, the man who wants to be Prime Minister. He created a mess at the start of the pandemic and he has shown he has learned nothing from this. And his boss has gone strangely quiet recently, too busy planning his own future!

2 hours ago, Pompies said:

Just one more example of chaotic and illogical arrangements from Anutin, the man who wants to be Prime Minister.

Yep, it's a 'shit show'!

• Like 1