News Forum - Monk accused of raping his daughter

Thaiger

A 42 year old monk in Samut Prakan has been arrested for raping his daughter after visiting her for New Year blessings. On December 28, Naen, a 14 year old girl with a family history of sexual abuse, was violently raped by her father, Wirachai, a monk at a temple in the Greater Bangkok area province of Samut Prakan. Wirachai had arrived at his daughter’s rented room, claiming he wanted to give her New Year blessings as a monk. She welcomed him and pulled up a chair for him to sit, but he violently attacked and raped her according to […]

The story Monk accused of raping his daughter as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Was on the Thai news the otehr day. Have video of him visting as well. What a scum bag. Problem in Thailand is that anyone who has a bad history of anything can join the monkhood, and for this loathsome creature he has a history of a womanizer and word is he continued having sex even as a monk.

Time for this creep to have all his jewels cut off.

• Like 3

Just one more example that goes to strengthen my long held belief that all religions, bar none,  are the curse of human kind and the breeding ground of most of the Worlds ills and evils, since history began.  No time for any of them. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Polkadot said:

Compared to Catholic priests I wouldnt say the culture is that bad. Bad eggs.

How would we ever know. The Thai monks are very well protected and I’m sure what we see is the tip of the tip of the iceberg. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Soidog said:

How would we ever know. The Thai monks are very well protected and I’m sure what we see is the tip of the tip of the iceberg. 

Few and far between are the "real" monks, many use it to hide from the law, some to look for "opportunities" during lean times, others just too lazy to scratch their rear ends and are deadbeats, roof over their head and 2 meals a day, naive pay your bills, (electricity etc), paradise to some.

Have met a few that were monks that left, returned and left again. Told it can be difficult to reinsert yourself into monkhood, they have to find a sponsor head monk, usually a long way from where they left.

Don't give money personally to monks, all financial gifts (any gifts really) should go through the head monk or via Monk days at the Wat in general collections.  Some do give on their birthdays when giving alms daily, but this usually goes to the monks for equal division.

I do know some monks that are wealthy, one manages his family estate, his only close relative, a sister isn't 100% so understandable.

Another extremely wealthy and built his own Wat, it is completed, and he is still looking for suitable monks to care for his Wat after his demise. Many come, many leave.

Also know one that recently bought 10 rai of mature bamboo, now harvesting and shipping to China.

Family had no money to harvest but had the bamboo. So, castigate the monk, or thank him, or TIT.

It's a whole world of its own, but where do you draw the line if any?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Just one more example that goes to strengthen my long held belief that all religions, bar none,  are the curse of human kind and the breeding ground of most of the Worlds ills and evils, since history began.  No time for any of them. 

Well some scholars don't even recognize Buddhism as a religion. 

A lot of atheists adopt it and its practices as a philosophical lifestyle. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, socal said:

Well some scholars don't even recognize Buddhism as a religion. 

A lot of atheists adopt it and its practices as a philosophical lifestyle. 

There have been a couple of occasions where I have declared myself as Buddhist because atheist would have been the wrong answer - apparently there are 13 countries where the maximum penalty for atheism is the death sentence (including, the one surprised me, Malaysia).

1 hour ago, Grumpish said:

There have been a couple of occasions where I have declared myself as Buddhist because atheist would have been the wrong answer - apparently there are 13 countries where the maximum penalty for atheism is the death sentence (including, the one surprised me, Malaysia).

Lucky i believe in god then

No religion though

God cool

Religion polluted by man

1 hour ago, Polkadot said:

No religion though

Same for me. But I will visit a temple here every so often on a birthjdayu or something special and quietly say hello to my dear ole departed mom and dad. as of really anything religion based, absolutley not but temples I can go through the motion in my own way.

2 hours ago, Polkadot said:

No religion though

God cool

Religion polluted by man

Well,  belief in a mystical, mythical all powerful being, who created the Universe and 'man', ( not women apparently, he probably didn't know what they were, as lots of other people don't seem to know either nowadays) in his own image, for which there is absolutely no evidence,  is indeed widespread.  I don't particularly  knock it, much, I just don't understand it.  

5 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Well,  belief in a mystical, mythical all powerful being, who created the Universe and 'man', ( not women apparently, he probably didn't know what they were, as lots of other people don't seem to know either nowadays) in his own image, for which there is absolutely no evidence,  is indeed widespread.  I don't particularly  knock it, much, I just don't understand it.  

Mankind includes women. I dont understand it either but there are no other plausible theories on where animals or humans came from. Big bang then millions of years later animals appeared out of nowhere? That theory is just not plausible. Then men came from apes 555555.

7 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Same for me. But I will visit a temple here every so often on a birthjdayu or something special and quietly say hello to my dear ole departed mom and dad. as of really anything religion based, absolutley not but temples I can go through the motion in my own way.

Thai temples can be nice and peaceful if not touristy.

20 minutes ago, Polkadot said:

Mankind includes women. I dont understand it either but there are no other plausible theories on where animals or humans came from. Big bang then millions of years later animals appeared out of nowhere? That theory is just not plausible. Then men came from apes 555555.

All of that is totally wrong, so I hope that you are joking.  The comprehensive fossil record , the deep understanding of genetics, cell chemistry  and genetic mutation,  the obvious  evidence of evolution in all animal species, living and extinct, its all very well understood and scientifically evidenced. Anyone who dismisses this is delusional. Quote from Professor Stephen Hawking:

"One can't prove that God doesn't exist," professor Stephen Hawking told ABC News. "But science makes God unnecessary. "The laws of physics can explain the universe without the need for a creator," 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pinetree said:

All of that is totally wrong, so I hope that you are joking.  The comprehensive fossil record , the deep understanding of genetics, cell chemistry  and genetic mutation,  the obvious  evidence of evolution in all animal species, living and extinct, its all very well understood and scientifically evidenced. Anyone who dismisses this is delusional. Quote from Professor Stephen Hawking:

"One can't prove that God doesn't exist," professor Stephen Hawking told ABC News. "But science makes God unnecessary. "The laws of physics can explain the universe without the need for a creator," 

You are totally wrong buddy.

Massive scientific errors with big bang theory

https://techreader.com/top-ten/top-ten-scientific-flaws-in-the-big-bang-theory/

10 hours ago, Pinetree said:

all very well understood and scientifically evidenced.

The opposite is true. Just a bunch of guesses. Hawkins himself changed hia mind on things.