Multivitamin recommendations

Bluesofa

Does anyone know where to buy multivitamins?
I was looking for a not expensive brand available nationally (I live in Udon Thani)

I've seen some brands that work out as 10 Baht/tablet/day. That seems expensive to me, or am I out of touch?

Centrum can be found at some pharmacies for a reasonable discount although still fairly expensive compared with Aussie prices.

We buy from Lazada - VitC from Japan and there are MV products from Korea that look ok ... check out the manufacturer and read reviews to ascertain the veracity of all claims before buying.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Rob.

I hadn't thought of Lazada, I'll have a look.

I'm looking for some with Vitamin A.
As a crumbly, my night-vision is crap. I've read that taking (beta-carotene) and vitamin A supplements can help some people, although obviously not guaranteed.
I thought I'd give it a go, see if it might help (no pun intended).

"The most common clinical sign of vitamin A deficiency is xerophthalmia, which develops after plasma retinol has been low and the eye’s vitamin A reserves have become depleted.
The first sign is night blindness, or the inability to see in low light or darkness as a result of low rhodopsin levels in the retina"
source:  https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminA-HealthProfessional/#h5 

1 hour ago, Ivo_Shandor said:

if you need vitamin A, you can eat a carrot, which has about twice the usual RDI.

Does it have to be raw, or can it be a cooked carrot?

For vitamin A itself, it would be better if carrots are consumed raw, because cooking would degrade some of this nutrient.

However, carrots also contains beta-carotene, which is a precursor for vitamin A. This is quite resistant towards heat, so cooking would not affect it.

Both are not very soluble in water, so loss by boiling is minimal.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I would really want to get some weight because I'm fluctuating day by day. What are your vitamins recommendations that help me rebuild my appetite? That would be a great help.