News Forum - 71 year old British man shot dead in Chon Buri

Thaiger

A 71 year old British man was shot dead on a road in Chon Buri province in the early hours of this morning. It is believed that the murder was motivated by an adulterous affair. The police are currently searching for the gunman. A 29 year old Thai man, Kittikhun, notified the officers at Huay Yai Police Station after he spotted the body and an overturned red motorcycle on Soi Khao Makok 1 Road in the Bang Lamung district of Chon Buri. Kittikhun revealed that he rode a motorcycle from a market to his house via the road and found […]

The story 71 year old British man shot dead in Chon Buri as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Something smells.  Family or close associates are primary suspects.    The caregiver is the key to identifying associates who might have a motive.

• Like 1

I wonder what is meant by the caretaking provided to a man who would still be out and about riding a motorbike in the early hours.

And I'm not trying to imply anything about the shooting, just curious about caretaking.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ. Doesn’t need inspector Poirot to work out what’s happened here.

Land of smiles. Yeah right. A dangerous place, like all of SE Asia  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wackamole said:

I wonder what is meant by the caretaking provided to a man who would still be out and about riding a motorbike in the early hours.

And I'm not trying to imply anything about the shooting, just curious about caretaking.

I’ll imply it for you. The woman is guilty 100%. Got him shot because he probably decided to move on due to her behaviour. Only when foreigners decide enough is enough that life can be dangerous in the so called Land of Smiles. 

32 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I’ll imply it for you. The woman is guilty 100%. Got him shot because he probably decided to move on due to her behaviour. Only when foreigners decide enough is enough that life can be dangerous in the so called Land of Smiles. 

very low standards of caretaking then

41 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Jesus Christ. Doesn’t need inspector Poirot to work out what’s happened here.

Land of smiles. Yeah right. A dangerous place, like all of SE Asia  

Was the "caretaker" a pedantic relationship ?

4 hours ago, socal said:

4 shots looks like a pre planned assassination to me. 

Maybe the partner couldn't wait for him to pass away naturally and wanted everything asap, for her and her new lover. Sounds like a typical scene in many cases. To well planned for my liking. 

• Like 1

From another news outlet:

The suspect Abhisha Boonsawat gave himself up to police this morning.

Road rage. Chased him 1.8km after the deceased had sounded his horn at an intersection and - unclear on this - may have clipped the car with his motorbike.

He also apologised to the deceased's friends and family for the incident and pleaded guilty to everything.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:29 PM, socal said:

Was the "caretaker" a pedantic relationship ?

Sorry, I do not understand; Pedantic is an insulting word used to describe someone who annoys others by correcting small errors, caring too much about minor details, or emphasizing their own expertise especially in some narrow or boring subject matter.

On 1/6/2023 at 6:44 PM, Wackamole said:

FYI, sometimes Thais use this expression. I have part time driver when I need him who also takes care of me (shopping excursion, errands, communication with locals). His expression. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I like how there's even a CCTV pic of the old man chasing the car.

I can imagine that state of rage. I've seen Thais snap and get mad like this when a foreigner acts like he owns the place.

You can be a wealthy and highly influential person in your home country. But once you move out of your home country, you are basically considered as an asylum seeker....So better behave as an asylum seeker and not a citizen in that country. 

20 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

You can be a wealthy and highly influential person in your home country. But once you move out of your home country, you are basically considered as an asylum seeker....So better behave as an asylum seeker and not a citizen in that country. 

Asylum seeker? Bizarre. 😀

• Like 1