News Forum - Four new measures adopted for all foreign tourists arriving in Thailand

Thaiger

55 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Thank you for posting this. Same happened to me, although my wife had her documents more thoroughly checked. 

I was a bit concerned when I read the headline, then sighed / laughed when I saw the rules. From the article:

• All visitors must have received at least two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine before their arrival
  • All visitors should take out health insurance coverage, which includes Covid-19, before their departure for Thailand
  • All visitors should wear face masks while travelling on public transport in Thailand and public places and take rapid antigen tests if they develop Covid-like symptoms
  • Visitors should postpone their visits to Thailand if they develop a respiratory illness

From the four, only the first one is a “rule”. The rest are window dressing and acts of pandering (actually, there are five “rules” and they appear in descending order in terms of enforceability).

I think the real audience for rules #2 to #4 is the Thai public, not prospective travelers.

Yes I noted that. I wasn’t sure if it was intended to mix the more mandatory use of Must and the more optional use of Should.

I’m signed up to updates from the British Embassy in Bangkok who usually make these things less ambiguous. Nothing received thus far…

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Poolie said:

Might I recommend waiting for a Royal Gazette announcement?

Airlines start the new checks 1am tommorow. If I rock up at the check in desk, and they want to see my vaccination details, I just exclaim loudly that it hasn't been Gazzetted yet and demand to be let on the plane?

• Haha 1

• So China finally realises that they F*cked up by locking down completely instead of vaccinating and carrying on after the virus that they inflicted on the world. Thailand is desperate not to upset their Chinese overlords so introduces additional measures for the rest of the world as well. That is pretty much how it reads to me anyway.
  • Like 3

They're not even introducing any measures. They're telling the Airlines to do it on their behalf, most will comply. What about the Airlines in China? I wonder how scrupulous they will be at checking the vaccine documnents of people leaving the country.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Soidog said:

Because it reduces the impact of the virus, particularly on the old and vulnerable. It was never claimed to prevent you catching the virus. That’s not the function of many vaccines. It’s a mistake to think they give you protection from catching viruses. 

I wasn't going to react as all common sense has gone since the start of this hysteria . I know what the definition of a vaccine was before they conveniently changed the wording . So I will just ignore the protection the "vaccine" apparently offers to get seriously sick from the virus. Again my question is, why having he shot if it doesn't protect others from me infecting them. Pfizer openly admitted that they never did any research whether the shots prevented passing the disease on. So again, what is the use of proof of "vaccination" if it doesn't protect others . Is it to fill the pockets of the pharmaceutical industry or is there even a more morbid reasoning behind. By the way. The virus might have appeared first in Wuhan,but the gain of function research funded by Fauci was more then likely to be involved .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Donald said:

I wasn't going to react as all common sense has gone since the start of this hysteria . I know what the definition of a vaccine was before they conveniently changed the wording . So I will just ignore the protection the "vaccine" apparently offers to get seriously sick from the virus. Again my question is, why having he shot if it doesn't protect others from me infecting them. Pfizer openly admitted that they never did any research whether the shots prevented passing the disease on. So again, what is the use of proof of "vaccination" if it doesn't protect others . Is it to fill the pockets of the pharmaceutical industry or is there even a more morbid reasoning behind. By the way. The virus might have appeared first in Wuhan,but the gain of function research funded by Fauci was more then likely to be involved .

I have to be fair to the virologist experts, who as far as I know, never claimed any immunity from contracting the virus? There may be one or two outliers who made emotive claims and no doubt the Pharma companies were happy to let that narrative circulate unchecked.

In terms of the ability to pass the virus on. There have been studies that show having the vaccine does reduce the risk of passing the virus. A couple of links from reputable agencies below are interesting:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-02328-0

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2294250-how-much-less-likely-are-you-to-spread-covid-19-if-youre-vaccinated/

We all know what’s driving this bad policy. What they should have done is to insist on PCR testing for people travelling from China. Job done and blindingly obvious to all but the logically bereft Thais. 

3 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Even though I expected this to change, you have to say, what a total shambles. You couldn’t make it up just how incompetent this Thai government are. Laughing stock!  

They have the cheek to use the term “Clarify”, as though there was some misunderstanding on the part of others.  

And could they now “Clarify” what happens to you if you do test positive on arrival? Self isolation in your hotel? A further test in day 3,5? Whisked off to a hotel at your own expense? 

• Like 1

There is a lot of speculation on the new entry requirements being posted.
I've read 3 different (unofficial) versions by News and Thai agencies.

TAT (Tourist Authority of Thailand) has always previously posted the official entry rules
I'm expecting and waiting for their official version to be posted tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sgtsabai said:

I go back and forth between Thailand and Lao and have long term visas/multi-entry with both. I am an expat, was sexpat but age is catching up. I have OA at present but because of the insurance scam and changing to straight O. I've been in Thailand off and on from 2002 to 2010, although "bought" house in 2008 for now thieving ex-wife. Am I a tourist? I don't think so but what I think doesn't count. Will immigration consider me a tourist?

Your O-A Visa probably expired years ago, and I'm guessing you actually have a 1-year extension of stay with a multiple re-entry permit. You'll enter as a Non Immigrant, not a Tourist, but the entry rules apply to all foreign 'visitors', which means anyone who isn't a Thai.

None of the unofficial posts I've read, except this one, has said insurance is compulsory. The exception being  tourists who are returning to a country that requires a PCR test, which is currently China and India. The policy must cover their stay plus 7 days in case they test positive. Insurance for all other tourists is just recommended not compulsory. I would expect Thai Airways to be better informed than most airlines:

Here's Thai Airways web notice

THAILAND – FROM 9 JANUARY 2023

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has introduced new regulations for travellers entering the Kingdom of Thailand. From 09th January 2023, 08.00 am local time (Bangkok), all passengers visiting Thailand must present a valid vaccination certificate showing that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with accredited vaccines.

This does not apply to:

- Thai passport holders

- Minors below 18 years of age

- Passengers transferring/transiting through Thailand to other destinations outside Thailand (subject to measures in place at their final destination)

- Previously infected passengers with a COVID-19 recovery certificate showing the date of infection is more than 7 days and less than 6 months from the date of departure

- Passengers previously infected twice with COVID-19 recovery certificates for both infections. The latest date of infection must be more than 7 days from the date of departure

- Previously infected passengers with a recovery certificate who have had a single dose of vaccine against COVID-19. The date of infection must be more than 7 days from the date of departure

- Unvaccinated passengers with a medical letter providing reasons for COVID-19 vaccine exemption

Notes:

Vaccination Certificate

- Fully vaccinated means someone who has had complete dose(s) of accredited vaccines according to manufacturers’ recommendations, at least 14 days from the date of departure

- A mix of vaccines is accepted

- The certificate can be either a hard copy or in digital format

Can I request that when the lunatics running the asylum finally agree on what is the official position, that ThaigerTalk take down any older articles and let’s start again please. 

Im the first person to criticise airports and airline operations, but over the weekend and in to today, my heart and thoughts are with them. The handling of this by the Thai authorities has been beyond words. They have created Pandemonium from a Pandemic.

All they had to do was insist on a Covid test prior to departure for anyone travelling from China. Job done.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

None of the unofficial posts I've read, except this one, has said insurance is compulsory. The exception being  tourists who are returning to a country that requires a PCR test, which is currently China and India. The policy must cover their stay plus 7 days in case they test positive. Insurance for all other tourists is just recommended not compulsory. I would expect Thai Airways to be better informed than most airlines:

Here's Thai Airways web notice

THAILAND – FROM 9 JANUARY 2023

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has introduced new regulations for travellers entering the Kingdom of Thailand. From 09th January 2023, 08.00 am local time (Bangkok), all passengers visiting Thailand must present a valid vaccination certificate showing that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with accredited vaccines.

This does not apply to:

- Thai passport holders

- Minors below 18 years of age

- Passengers transferring/transiting through Thailand to other destinations outside Thailand (subject to measures in place at their final destination)

- Previously infected passengers with a COVID-19 recovery certificate showing the date of infection is more than 7 days and less than 6 months from the date of departure

- Passengers previously infected twice with COVID-19 recovery certificates for both infections. The latest date of infection must be more than 7 days from the date of departure

- Previously infected passengers with a recovery certificate who have had a single dose of vaccine against COVID-19. The date of infection must be more than 7 days from the date of departure

- Unvaccinated passengers with a medical letter providing reasons for COVID-19 vaccine exemption

Notes:

Vaccination Certificate

- Fully vaccinated means someone who has had complete dose(s) of accredited vaccines according to manufacturers’ recommendations, at least 14 days from the date of departure

- A mix of vaccines is accepted

- The certificate can be either a hard copy or in digital format

Unlucky, this is from friday, long time overruled and u-turned.

Newest ideas seem to be that everyone can cum eh, come, but people who will fly from Thailand to a destination that requiers a Covid test before boarding a plane will need insurance on entry to Thailand.

But hey, that is already an hour or two old. Can be, there is another u-turn out?

• Like 2