News Forum - Thailand’s public health minister says Chinese tourists won’t be discriminated against

Thaiger

Thailand’s Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, says the country’s plans to re-introduce Covid-related measures won’t discriminate against Chinese travellers. He then went on to say that the measures won’t discriminate against any particular country. But, the government is expected to finalise measures that would apply to visitors arriving from Covid-plagued countries, which include China. “Relevant officials agree to give the same treatment to visitors from all countries and health measures will not discriminate against visitors from any particular country.” According to the Bangkok Post, Anutin said that the Thai health system is ready to cope with emergency situations. He went on […]

The story Thailand’s public health minister says Chinese tourists won’t be discriminated against as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I will go out to bet that yes they will be discriminated or treated differently by the common Thai folk. They will probably be treated like the plague when covid doubles and triples here as labelled the new dirty foreingers which should have been the case in the first place when they ran covid all over the world. I know I will be giving them a wide berth and use precautions. 

• Like 6

"The ministry said that there is no need to test Chinese arrivals for the virus. China requires anyone travelling out of the country to obtain a negative RT-PCR test result prior within 48 hours of their departure."

Good stuff.

must be why France had 1 in 3 testing positive on arrival yesterday.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I don't even trust those reports from France. The US and its allies have a vested interest in spreading this hype about the virus and how its all China again. That didn't work very well in 2019/20 for anyone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, socal said:

I don't even trust those reports from France. The US and its allies have a vested interest in spreading this hype about the virus and how its all China again. That didn't work very well in 2019/20 for anyone.

What is the vested interest? Is protecting the public health and national economy  a bad thing? The pandemic orifgnated in China and the Chinese refused to provide information that could have slowed the  spread of infection. Instead the Chinese government obfuscated and then profiteered from the pandemic.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Khunmark said:

Meanwhile in the U.S……………………………….

what about the USA? The country didn't nationalize health PPE manufacturing and seize assets as the Chinese did, nor did the US government seize legal shipments on air tarmacs that were going to health services in customer nations. Instead the USA shared vaccine knowledge and donated billions of aid money. What did China do to help?  It had enough money to threaten war on Taiwan, yes? If it wasn't for the USA, the vaccines would have arrived too late and we would have been relying on the Astra Zeneca option alone. If not for the USa the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines which have proven to be the safest in the history of vaccines would not have come to the people as they did. The world owes a debt of gratitude to USA, as it does to UK, EU, Canada health agencies. China sabotaged Canada's covid vaccine option- SABOTAGED and still tried to  take vital information from national health lab that US and EU CDC were relying on for vaccine. China spyed on UK health agency trying to steal Astra Zeneca critical information. Did USA do that? No it did not. 

China unleashed a plague upon the world that may have been unintentional or intentional, I do not know, but what I do know is that its refusal to share information and to co-operate cost millions of lives and trillions of Euros/$$ in economic damage.

• Like 7

Fingers crossed.Hope the chinese don’t introduce a new strain .It would be devastating.

Test them and make them jump the requirement hoops! No short cuts!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, socal said:

So what about those staunch Westerners Morocco who have banned flights from China? 

What is the vested interest you have become aware of and what didn’t work so well? 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Vigo said:

what about the USA? The country didn't nationalize health PPE manufacturing and seize assets as the Chinese did, nor did the US government seize legal shipments on air tarmacs that were going to health services in customer nations. Instead the USA shared vaccine knowledge and donated billions of aid money. What did China do to help?  It had enough money to threaten war on Taiwan, yes? If it wasn't for the USA, the vaccines would have arrived too late and we would have been relying on the Astra Zeneca option alone. If not for the USa the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines which have proven to be the safest in the history of vaccines would not have come to the people as they did. The world owes a debt of gratitude to USA, as it does to UK, EU, Canada health agencies. China sabotaged Canada's covid vaccine option- SABOTAGED and still tried to  take vital information from national health lab that US and EU CDC were relying on for vaccine. China spyed on UK health agency trying to steal Astra Zeneca critical information. Did USA do that? No it did not. 

China unleashed a plague upon the world that may have been unintentional or intentional, I do not know, but what I do know is that its refusal to share information and to co-operate cost millions of lives and trillions of Euros/$$ in economic damage.

"the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines which have proven to be the safest in the history of vaccines"

Good post but I must say I doubt that, I'm not one of these people but it does sound like there are more serious adverse effects with them than previously deemed acceptable for vaccines.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wackamole said:

"The ministry said that there is no need to test Chinese arrivals for the virus. China requires anyone travelling out of the country to obtain a negative RT-PCR test result prior within 48 hours of their departure."

Good stuff.

Compare that to TH when they were allowing flights into Phuket: Following a pre-fight test mandated by the airline, upon arrival at HKT, I had to have test before being allowed to leave the airport, and a second test 5 days later in case the initial test found the viral load to small to detect. Then a third test before I could depart.

They finally caught me with the third test and I was prevented from leaving. However, if anyone can recall the initial sandbox rules, if I remember correctly, on the first day, there was a group from one of the Emirates countries, where one person was tested positive, and his whole family plus a German woman was ordered into quarantine because they were close contacts on the flight.The family pleaded to be allowed home and their wish was granted about 6 days into their quarantine. So it appears these people represented a risk if they were allowed to wander freely around Phuket, but not a risk to board a plane.

It's inconsistency that brings rules into disrepute.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

So what about those staunch Westerners Morocco who have banned flights from China? 

What is the vested interest you have become aware of and what didn’t work so well? 

The US has an interest in tarring China for not doing as it says. The whole international system runs on coercion. China was a pretty big yes-man for the US for a long time. And still is a bigger yes-man than ppl realize. But they don't want to give away a permanent aircraft carrier in Taiwan to the US navy. So that is why we have constant negative stories in the US controlled media about China and why a war is virtually guaranteed over Taiwan. Just as it was for Ukraine. And it could all be avoided with a treaty that says "if you don't put naval bases in Taiwan, then we won't either". But the US wont negotiate anything. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vigo said:

If not for the USa the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines which have proven to be the safest in the history of vaccines would not have come to the people as they did.

LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wackamole said:

"the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines which have proven to be the safest in the history of vaccines"

Good post but I must say I doubt that, I'm not one of these people but it does sound like there are more serious adverse effects with them than previously deemed acceptable for vaccines.

Recent studies have shown 1 in 800 have severe adverse events, which is extremely high.  Normally a vax would not be approved if it had even 1 in 100,000.  These numbers are readily available online.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Saunk said:

Recent studies have shown 1 in 800 have severe adverse events, which is extremely high.  Normally a vax would not be approved if it had even 1 in 100,000.  These numbers are readily available online.

And yet you decided not to provide any of that readily available information   :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, socal said:

The US has an interest in tarring China for not doing as it says. The whole international system runs on coercion. China was a pretty big yes-man for the US for a long time. And still is a bigger yes-man than ppl realize. But they don't want to give away a permanent aircraft carrier in Taiwan to the US navy. So that is why we have constant negative stories in the US controlled media about China and why a war is virtually guaranteed over Taiwan. Just as it was for Ukraine. And it could all be avoided with a treaty that says "if you don't put naval bases in Taiwan, then we won't either". But the US wont negotiate anything. 

I agree that the conflict is between the US and China, they are the two biggest economies and powers in the world. China steals IP and regularly attacks US allies using cyber attacks. It fails to disclose important information on medical issues such as Covid and the ongoing ridiculous claims it is putting out about the current wave in China. It continues to flout international rules on endangered wildlife, Environmental issues, persecutes Uyghur Muslims and occupies Tibet.

If the US said it wouldn’t have a naval presence in Taiwan, that wouldn’t stop China maintaining Taiwan is a part of China and the associated threats and security risk that come with that. It continues to build islands and install military hardware in the South China Sea which threatens the Philippines and other SE Asian countries. It tore up the international treaty with Britain on Hong Kong.  

In addition, China continues to disguise its Belt & road initiative as an economic project, whereas in reality it’s about exerting political influence and power across Asia and Africa through unsustainable lending and corrupt practices . It flouts WTO rules and continues to subsidise many of its industries such as 5G company Huawei and ZTE.

Both superpowers are attempting to outdo each other and for a very good reason. Whoever wins this “Cold War” will control the politics and economy of the world. I’m no big fan of the US, but I’m 100% sure I’d rather live with a democratically elected leader of the free world, than the repressive, vicious and controlling leaders of China.

I’m staggered how many people demand their liberty and freedoms in the west and yet still support China. A political system that disregards human rights, persecutes its own people, engages in arbitrary detention, censorship of media,  and has a total disregard for religious freedoms.   

China is the enemy and I hope and pray it’s political system is destroyed

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Saunk said:

Nope. Your claim is unsubstantiated and misleading. First, make sure that understand the definition of a serious adverse reaction;  Serious adverse events are defined as any untoward medical occurrence that resulted in death, was life-threatening, required inpatient hospitalization or prolongation of existing hospitalization, or resulted in persistent disability or incapacity.

The 2 year data does not support your claim in respect to Pfizer/Moderna vaccines. If the US data is used as an indication, the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have  outperformed efficacy and safety expectations. Take Pfizer (which hada  touch more SADRS reported than Moderna because of its predominance as a vaccine). https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/reactogenicity.html.  The data is astounding. Look at the data by age group. When there are no Grade 4 reactions for that many people, it can be described as some of the best safety responses recorded.

Initially, when the vaccines were released we were told that thousands were dying and that others were on life support. All such claims were false, with many of the alleged ADRS the result of mass hysteria or sabotage. The USA has administered hundreds of millions of  pfizer & moderna vaccines and there is no significant  danger or reported serious injury.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, socal said:

The USA covid response  saved the world. The Chinese response killed millions and inflicted extensive economic damage. Try and wiggle out of that.

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/blog/2022/two-years-covid-vaccines-prevented-millions-deaths-hospitalizations

Here's what the vaccinations accomplished in the USA

From December 2020 through November 2022, we estimate that the COVID-19 vaccination program in the U.S. prevented more than 18.5 million additional hospitalizations and 3.2 million additional deaths. Without vaccination, there would have been nearly 120 million more COVID-19 infections. The vaccination program also saved the U.S. $1.15 trillion (Credible Interval: $1.10 trillion–$1.19 trillion) (data not shown) in medical costs that would otherwise have been incurred.

Similar benefits would have been realized elsewhere. And what did the PRChinese  contribute?  Grief, sabotage, threats and nastiness.

• Like 3

It's a start, and if it keeps some at risk western carriers away too, I'm in favour. I had Covid in November and don't want the nastiness of it again. I am grateful I was vaccinated, but it was a few days of being wiped out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vigo said:

Please do yourself a favour and keep up with developing news on the variant situation.

14 hours ago, Khunmark said:

Please do yourself a favour and keep up with developing news on the variant situation.

Which variant? And do you mean variants of concern, variants of interest or variants under monitoring?

On 1/5/2023 at 12:03 AM, Wackamole said:

Good stuff.

Taiwan reports 25% PRC  pax   infection rate.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Taiwan reports 25% PRC  pax   infection rate.

Yes, the CCP claim everyone needs to be tested before they leave China. Just another lie on top of millions of others the Chinese government come out with. We call it lying, they call it talking. Thai government not much different either.  

• Like 2