Thai AstraZeneca EU acceptance

KevA

Hi, I’m planning a trip to Switzerland and have been sent a list of accepted vaccines by the travel agent (in Switzerland).

The list for Switzerland includes:

• Pfizer/Pfizer/BioNTech (BNT162b2 / Comirnaty® / Tozinameran)
• Moderna (mRNA-1273 / Spikevax / COVID-19 vaccine Moderna)
• AstraZeneca (AZD1222 Vaxzevria®/ CovishieldTM)
• Janssen / Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
• Sinopharm / BIBP (SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (Vero Cell))
• Sinovac (CoronaVac)

Does anyone know the official name of the Siam Biosciences’ manufactured Astra Zeneca vaccine? I know there was recently some issue with the Indian manufactured vaccine not being approved for the EU vaccine passport, so I can only imagine there may also be an issue with the Thai vaccine?

Thanks!

little help but the company is on Twitter@Astrazeneca and media enquiries via Communications Manager 

Pucharapan.holim@astrazeneca.com (0)86 9998587 

taken from their media release and maybe they can point you to the right person 

• Cool 1

check at embassy of Switzerland in Bangkok,

at the moment!!! you do not need any vaccine on arrival

take a cheap rapid antigen test 48 hours before arrival,
not more is needed at the moment, depends on list of countries,
arrival from Thailand has no restrictions now

it is hard to believe that Thailand is on a list at low risk countries in EU,

you can arrive even without PCR Test, rapid test will do,
should even work at Lufthansa Airlines Group for flight to Zuerich

at some airlines like Etihad or Qatar PCR Test is needed even for fully vaccinated for flight and transit

Edited by satpete

3 hours ago, satpete said:

it is hard to believe that Thailand is on a list at low risk countries in EU,

To be fair that list i think that list is only updated fortnightly or monthly, so let's see on the next release.

I guess a more direct question that could be helpful to travelers going to other countries as well; what is AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine made and/or administered in Thailand called?

I know that taking a test, etc. is an alternative also for many other countries. But if someone’s already vaccinated, it would be good to know what exactly the vaccine is called since they’re differentiating it based on production facility.

25 minutes ago, KevA said:

But if someone’s already vaccinated, it would be good to know what exactly the vaccine is called since they’re differentiating it based on production facility.

I don't think they do that. There will likely be a batch number somewhere so they will be able to trace the production facility.

But for traveling they care about the vaccine your given. If Sian Bioscience have bought the license and is producing it under a different brand name it would likely need a stamp of approval, but if they are producing under supervision of AZ and the vaccine is released as Vaxzevria then it should be accepted everywhere as AZ.

Edited by Tjampman
  • Like 1

AZ from India and Thailand is not approved by EMA, European Medicines Agency,

in my QR code for Europe there is the origin Country of vaccine factory written,
this is for me Belgium and Name Vaxzevria, in the yellow vaccine passport is a B for country and a batch number

many European countries will accept vaccine approved by EMA only,
each country may accept different vaccines, you really should ask the embassy,
since Switzerland is not in the EU but at Schengen countries

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-delegation-to-malaysia-says-all-who-approved-vaccines-are-valid-for-travel-to-eu-including-covishield/

it is still not cleared

Edited by satpete

Hi. Yes this is what I assumed.

I just want to know what the ‘name’ of the vaccine is here. Because on the list of approved vaccines as I listed above (which is the official list I received) it mentioned vaccine names.

I can’t believe there’s no information on the vaccine name according to production country and how this affects issues like this.

Thanks again!