News Forum - Thailand makes another travel list: Fodor’s No List

Thaiger

Thailand has boasted recently of its ranking on many travel lists, from being among the least corrupt countries in Asia, to ranking one of the best locations for expats, and rating one of the safest countries to visit. The country has made the ranks by having some of the top-rated food and beaches in the world. But Thailand also received a nod this year that they might not be as quick to promote: Fodor’s No List for 2023. The popular travel company puts out a list each year of countries, cities, and locations that people should reconsider travelling to for […]

The story Thailand makes another travel list: Fodor’s No List as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

One month closure is not going to help in the rejuvenation of the Nature. There are 155 National parks. Close 6 parks fully for 2 years on a rotational basis if really wanted to protect nature. Then Nature will thrive. With 6 parks closed there are still 149 parks for visitors to enjoy through out the country. This is nothing impossible. When there is a will there is always a way to achieve it

8 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

One month closure is not going to help in the rejuvenation of the Nature. There are 155 National parks. Close 6 parks fully for 2 years on a rotational basis if really wanted to protect nature. Then Nature will thrive. With 6 parks closed there are still 149 parks for visitors to enjoy through out the country. This is nothing impossible. When there is a will there is always a way to achieve it

I didn't know we have geologists in the comment section, thank you for your input.

• Haha 1

Well it is true Thailand’s massive tourism allowing tourist to trudge everywhere cannot sustain itself. Over my several decades here I have seen areas just overtaken and thrashed to trash. They need to learn control, but most of this is only lip service. 

11 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well it is true Thailand’s massive tourism allowing tourist to trudge everywhere cannot sustain itself. Over my several decades here I have seen areas just overtaken and thrashed to trash. They need to learn control, but most of this is only lip service. 

Thailand hasn't given a crap about clean beaches or waterways for as long as I can remember, all they care about is money, Okay they did make a song and dance about wanting compensation from a film company, many years after it had been and gone and closed the beaches as an attempt to get money, if you compare the beaches here for cleanliness and other major tourist destinations worldwide,  Thailand doesn't even come close, I'm off to live in Mexico where the beaches are the complete opposite of here, beautiful!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mandy said:

Thailand hasn't given a crap about clean beaches or waterways for as long as I can remember, all they care about is money, Okay they did make a song and dance about wanting compensation from a film company, many years after it had been and gone and closed the beaches as an attempt to get money, if you compare the beaches here for cleanliness and other major tourist destinations worldwide,  Thailand doesn't even come close, I'm off to live in Mexico where the beaches are the complete opposite of here, beautiful!!

Yes they are self absorbed and lacking in real ecological plans to preserve nature here. Ever hear about the beach on the border of San Diego and Mexico and how polluted with poo it is?

You only have to visit a regular Thai village and see how they take care of their own back yard to see what they think of the environment. Sh*t and garbage everywhere. 

My frustration with this is that while most of Asia, South and Central America and Africa carry on as normal, most developed countries are imposing all manner of additional taxes, fines and requirements on its citizens. I’ve got 4 different bins in the U.K. that I have to carefully sort my rubbish in to. In Thailand it’s all put in single use plastic bags and dumped wherever they want. We must be mad! 

• Like 1

My wife thought I was mad making a compost heap. Demanding all food scraps be separated, ie meat, chicken and fish go to the dogs and the rest is composted. 

Boasts about her veggie patch now though and sells excess at her mother's shop. (Chilli shrubs/bushes love it.)

Do wonder about the monster I may have inadvertently created though.😆

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Skip said:

The biggest subset of offenders are the Thai tourists themselves... have never seen one walk the 10 feet to the trash barrel... ever

16 hours ago, Mandy said:

1st off I love Mexico 

Probably my favorite country 

But do you think they do anything to protect their natural environments?

I've never noticed much

Where will you live in Mexico?

On 1/2/2023 at 1:16 PM, Ramanathan.P said:

Yes you're totally right. 1 moth is nothing. They should close the parks in their green season when the sea is affecting boat trips (for the popular tourist destinations). This will help a lot. 6 months closure yearly are helping. Nature can recover quicker as we think if it is left alone to do so.

Overcrowded sites, garbage and non controlled visitor bad behavior are major issues for the damage but we have to consider the natural environmental non man made issues too same as sea water temperature over 32 degrees for several months. This makes coral bleaching. hard to recover. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. There still no way to cool down the ocean....