Pair arrested in Pattaya for allegedly running “romance scam”

Thaiger

More people have been arrested for involvement in an alleged “romance scam”. This time the suspects were busted in the Pattaya area. The man, Robinson Ibuka Ade, from Nigeria, and Thidarat Biraban, a Thai national, were arrested recently on charges of joining to commit fraud and importing forged data into a computer system. Police seized 148,00 baht and $2,00o US dollars, 2 ATM cards from the pair. The couple’s arrest follows a victim complaint from the southern Thai province of Nakhon Si Thammarat. The complaint alleged that the victim had been duped out of 905,00 baht from the Instagram account […]

The post Pair arrested in Pattaya for allegedly running “romance scam” appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Maybe it is all a misunderstanding and the money actually came from an inheritance of 20 zillion dollars that had suddenly only just been found by a Nigerian bank employee  and he was the only living relative with an email account that didn't automatically file it under junk.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

were arrested recently on charges of joining to commit fraud and importing forged data into a computer system

'importing forged data into a computer system'    I see the creative legal department of the RTP have been thinking up charges again.

If it wasn't so sad I would be laughing about the last 'dreamt up' charge which sticks in my memory:
In June 2014 we had our illustrious leader hating George Orwell's 1984, with those reading it charged with 'eating a sandwich with political intent'. It's even on film:

Yet more recently, he gave Animal Farm the thumbs up. Perhaps he didn't see the similarity between himself and Benjamin the donkey.

• Like 2

Perhaps he will have more luck if he reveal himself as Nigeria, you know they say : "Once you go Black . . . ", he may have earned much much more . . . 

• Haha 1

"Eating a sandwich with political intent!" If there is not a law against a matter the Thais will invent one.

About this Nigerien jumping from a 3rd floor window. That was not escaping, that, because he was in the army was, making a tactical retreat.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

To think that there are people stupid enough to send money to person or persons unknown for whatever reason is insane. It is past naivety.  And allowing  anyone from Nigeria into your country is purely foolhardy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BJoe said:

To think that there are people stupid enough to send money to person or persons unknown for whatever reason is insane. It is past naivety.  And allowing  anyone from Nigeria into your country is purely foolhardy.

Ah the " all Nigerians are crooks" suggestion. Not heard that one recently. Well not for 2 days anyway.

There are many single elderly women our there looking for love.
They join elder dating sites in hopes of meeting someone.
My mother fell for a scammer but quickly got out before money was involved, she was heartbroken afterwards .

Edited by AndreT

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 8:43 AM, BJoe said:

On 7/21/2021 at 8:43 AM, BJoe said:

Well they allowed me into the country and I was accepted and loved by everyone I came across and when the time was right after 8 years I packed my bag and left.. now allowing inbreds like you in is "purely foolhardy"