News Forum - How to find the right real estate investment opportunity in Thailand

Thaiger

Are you looking for the perfect real estate investment opportunity in Thailand? If so, there are several important steps that you need to take in order to ensure you find the perfect opportunity. Researching the market, identifying your investment goals, networking with local professionals, utilizing online resources, and visiting potential properties are all essential steps that can help you identify the right real estate investment in Thailand. By taking these steps, you can ensure that you find the perfect real estate investment that can help you achieve your investment goals. 1. Research the Market The first step to finding the […]

The story How to find the right real estate investment opportunity in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

There are many other places you would choose to invest in real estate ahead of Thailand. The only time I would buy real estate in Thailand is to live in it. Given I don’t like Condos and can’t own a house, then I won’t be buying either. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

There are many other places you would choose to invest in real estate ahead of Thailand. The only time I would buy real estate in Thailand is to live in it. Given I don’t like Condos and can’t own a house, then I won’t be buying either. 

I am ok with what I have bought with my wife as the house (not land) and my name is on the title paper so guess that allows me my portion of what it is worth if I ever wanted it. For me I am totally fine buying something as the wife and kids will be the ones to get it in the end, and the relationship has basically amde ti to the point to where we are safe with one another for our run into the old days and then passing away. I am more leary of the Gov here creating and passing an immigration h e l l bent rule that basically evicts all of us staying on a year in and year out here.

As for really buying, I am not sure, but one really needs to look at is it worth it and will it be a good purcahse and hold its value. Not really into condos either, but I am actaully have been looking at buying a second house that maybe one of the kids or both can have and use near us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I am ok with what I have bought with my wife as the house (not land) and my name is on the title paper so guess that allows me my portion of what it is worth if I ever wanted it. For me I am totally fine buying something as the wife and kids will be the ones to get it in the end, and the relationship has basically amde ti to the point to where we are safe with one another for our run into the old days and then passing away. I am more leary of the Gov here creating and passing an immigration h e l l bent rule that basically evicts all of us staying on a year in and year out here.

As for really buying, I am not sure, but one really needs to look at is it worth it and will it be a good purcahse and hold its value. Not really into condos either, but I am actaully have been looking at buying a second house that maybe one of the kids or both can have and use near us.

Yes I totally accept that. If I was in a relationship with a Thai woman then the situation is totally different. Like you, I’d want to make sure my wife and family were safe and secure when I die. However, as a financial investment in the sense that I would sell it 5-10 years later and make a good profit, then I’d rather buy a quarter of a piece of land the size of a postage stamp in London! 

5 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes I totally accept that. If I was in a relationship with a Thai woman then the situation is totally different. Like you, I’d want to make sure my wife and family were safe and secure when I die. However, as a financial investment in the sense that I would sell it 5-10 years later and make a good profit, then I’d rather buy a quarter of a piece of land the size of a postage stamp in London! 

Yes understand, but in reality Thai land and houses also keep increasing every year. Just doesn't seem to reverse itself. For London, a "postage stamp size parcel" (😄) is probably half a million now? 

16 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes understand, but in reality Thai land and houses also keep increasing every year. Just doesn't seem to reverse itself. For London, a "postage stamp size parcel" (😄) is probably half a million now? 

Fair point. Make that a postage stamp in Bolton. No offensive to anyone from Bolton!! 

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

in reality Thai land and houses also keep increasing every year. Just doesn't seem to reverse itself.

That is patently not true.  Even in the general area where I live, in the general area close-ish to Pattaya, house prices have tumbled since covid hit and even for big well built and appointed properties on the market, it can be many years, and I mean many, before they sell, if they ever do so and never at a premium.   My house was valued at around 6.5 million Bhat when I bought it, I would be lucky to sell it at the same price now, let alone make any kind of profit.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

That is patently not true.  Even in the general area where I live, in the general area close-ish to Pattaya, house prices have tumbled since covid hit and even for big well built and appointed properties on the market, it can be many years, and I mean many, before they sell, if they ever do so and never at a premium.   My house was valued at around 6.5 million Bhat when I bought it, I would be lucky to sell it at the same price now, let alone make any kind of profit.  

Ok. New housing. But land keeps its price. 

9 hours ago, Pinetree said:

It's why I refused to go over 3-3.5mil for a house in Nonthaburi 

I explained to my wife I don't mind spending that much and not making money or even losing a bit when we sell it

But I see no value in property in Thai so not going to spend much

She found a great little bdrm for 2.7mil

Now when we build our retirement home in the village that will never be sold and go to my stepson and any grandkids down the road

I am willing spend much more 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marc26 said:

It's why I refused to go over 3-3.5mil for a house in Nonthaburi 

I explained to my wife I don't mind spending that much and not making money or even losing a bit when we sell it

But I see no value in property in Thai so not going to spend much

She found a great little bdrm for 2.7mil

Now when we build our retirement home in the village that will never be sold and go to my stepson and any grandkids down the road

I am willing spend much more 

Agree with all that.  The only reason I spent 6.5 million was its size,  its pool and a very large garden, in a tranquil setting, but it sure wasn't bought as any kind of investment. I hope to live in it until I enter the Quantum World, so it may end up as my forever home, which is fine by me. 

• Like 1