News Forum - Andrew Tate spat with Greta Thumberg leads to his arrest in Bucharest

Thaiger

A spat with Greta Thunberg last night led to the arrest of controversial social media influencer Andrew Tate as part of an investigation into alleged human trafficking in Romania. The former British-American kickboxer and his brother, Tristian, were detained in Bucharest where they will be held for questioning for up to 24 hours. Romanian television last night showed the 36 year old Tate being led into a police vehicle by armed police. Romania’s Directorate for Investigating Organised Crime and Terrorism did not name any suspects but said in a statement that four individuals, two United Kingdom citizens and two Romanian […]

The story Andrew Tate spat with Greta Thumberg leads to his arrest in Bucharest as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

26 minutes ago, Faraday said:

How did the Twitter exchange between Tate & Thunberg lead to his arrest?

These are two separate incidents.

Police (probably) already had an arrest warrant and (supposedly) went into Miss Marple/Big Joke mode after seeing a pizza box in a clip that was posted as part of the exchange.

• Haha 1

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is a publicity stunt by Tate. He’s certainly got the money to do such a thing. The estimate of his wealth is around $400m. Although he recently told Piers Morgan he was worth closer to $1Bn

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

arrest of controversial social media influencer Andrew Tate as part of an investigation into alleged human trafficking in Romania.

sounds like he's gonna Romania for a while then .. 

• Haha 1

Tate is without doubt the most up his own ass,  egotistical, arrogant, disgusting individual I have ever seen interviewed and that is saying something.  I hope they lock the idiot up for years.   He even made me side with that irritating  Greta whatsherface. so he must be bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Faraday said:

How did the Twitter exchange between Tate & Thunberg lead to his arrest?

These are two separate incidents.

Do read the article: 

Tate uploaded a video responding to Thunberg’s mockery while smoking a cigar and eating a pizza. The only problem was that the pizza box was from a local pizza chain, which alerted Romanian authorities of his whereabouts and they swooped in to arrest him.

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Tate is without doubt the most up his own ass,  egotistical, arrogant, disgusting individual I have ever seen interviewed and that is saying something.  I hope they lock the idiot up for years.   He even made me side with that irritating  Greta whatsherface. so he must be bad. 

I do agree with your assessment of the guy. However, I also enjoy the pure brutality of the honesty he speaks. While I disagree with many of his extreme views, a few of his comments are factually correct and the snowflakes just hate him for it. 

28 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I do agree with your assessment of the guy. However, I also enjoy the pure brutality of the honesty he speaks. While I disagree with many of his extreme views, a few of his comments are factually correct and the snowflakes just hate him for it. 

I honestly don't know much about his comments

i have only seen him on Tik Tok and I immediately scroll by him

But if he's an asshat, and he seems to be a major one, is it really being a snowflake to hate the guy?

I guess if they let him rile them up, I guess you could say that

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I honestly don't know much about his comments

i have only seen him on Tik Tok and I immediately scroll by him

But if he's an asshat, and he seems to be a major one, is it really being a snowflake to hate the guy?

I guess if they let him rile them up, I guess you could say that

Well I think it’s reasonable to dislike the guy for being an asshat. But hate is a strong emotion and often requires your core values to be challenged. He doesn’t challenge many of my core values, although I do wonder what he really feels  if he’s prepared to make some of the comments he does. Many people dislike him just for being a decent looking fit young guy with bucket loads of money. Others dislike him for how he talks about women and their role in society. Others actually hate him because he won’t go along with the snowflake favourites. 

Overall, he’s not the kind of guy I would want as a friend, but I wouldn’t mind have a conversation over a couple of beers with him. That said, he claims to be a Muslim and hence shouldn’t drink alcohol. Maybe have a coffee.

I saw him interviewed by Piers Morgan recently and despite Morgan’s attempt to catch him out, he certainly held his own. 

Whether it is Julian Assange, John Mcaffe or now Tate, if you are any kind of personality that the globalist regime doesn't like, they will just take you down. They didn't like the contrarian message that any of these men were putting out there, so they take them out. This is just the first go around for Tate. He'll probably wrangle out of this one. Just like Assange and Mcaffe wrangled out of their first ones too. 

Somewhere along the line, Tate must have taken on some dodgy little crypto sponsorship. That'll be enough for a whole string of other charges. Tax evasion, racketeering. You made fun of the global warming girl and our various other propaganda pet projects. So down with you.  

He'll be burned at the stake and everyone will gather around the fire. 

They should have spent all their energy taking out Trump for good instead. That one i'd actually agree with. 

Edited by socal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I saw him interviewed by Piers Morgan recently and despite Morgan’s attempt to catch him out, he certainly held his own. 

So Piers Morgan couldn't catch him out? Not much of an achievement by Tate. Morgan is no Alan Whicker.

8 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

So Piers Morgan couldn't catch him out? Not much of an achievement by Tate. Morgan is no Alan Whicker.

Alan Whicker was a travel correspondent!  Whicker’s World. Do you mean Robin Day? 

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

Alan Whicker was a travel correspondent!  Whicker’s World. Do you mean Robin Day? 

No I meant Whicker. He did not just do travelougues. He was famous for getting answers from some tough characters such as Duvalier, Mobotu, Stroessner and the Marcos'. I was never too much of a fan of Robin Day, who tended to be hectoring in my view.

Can you imagine Morgan having the temerity to interview despots like these. I know he aspires to be like Whicker, but I saw his interview of Trump regarding Charlottesville, and that led to the total loss of any residual respect I still had for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohninDublin said:

No I meant Whicker. He did not just do travelougues. He was famous for getting answers from some tough characters such as Duvalier, Mobotu, Stroessner and the Marcos'. I was never too much of a fan of Robin Day, who tended to be hectoring in my view.

Can you imagine Morgan having the temerity to interview despots like these. I know he aspires to be like Whicker, but I saw his interview of Trump regarding Charlottesville, and that led to the total loss of any residual respect I still had for him. 

I like Piers Morgan. Another guy who gets  up the nose of the snowflakes who want to cancel anyone and everyone who doesn’t agree with their fairytale agendas. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Soidog said:

You don't have to be a so called snowflake to dismiss his extreme views as unacceptable in modern society.  Many of his stated views (the Morgan interview for example)  align with many Muslim countries that are widely criticized internationally and by all right thinking people.  If he is indeed a Muslim, then he is a prime example of a hypocritical follower. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, js89 said:

the pizza box was from a local pizza chain, which alerted Romanian authorities of his whereabouts and they swooped in to arrest him.

Yep, so also not overly endowed with brain cells then. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pinetree said:

You don't have to be a so called snowflake to dismiss his extreme views as unacceptable in modern society.  Many of his stated views (the Morgan interview for example)  align with many Muslim countries that are widely criticized internationally and by all right thinking people.  If he is indeed a Muslim, then he is a prime example of a hypocritical follower. 

I think there’s a topic for a whole separate debate within your post.

During the Morgan interview, Tate described what you may call “Traditional roles” of men and women and went on to say these were the norms in 90% of the worlds population.  As the years have rolled on for me, I find myself increasingly questioning opinions and even values I have long held. This may be a natural ageing thing? My fear as I edge to older life is that I either hold on to past values and opinions stubbornly unwilling to change, or, I accept and even promote latest trends and in later life come to the conclusion I was wrong. I guess this “conflict” of thought is why I find myself unable to 100% disagree with some of Tates comments? 

I was too young to remember the details, but when the majority of men and woman had what could be described as more traditional roles in western society, it seemed a safer and more enjoyable place to be. There were less one parent families. Seemingly less knife crime and random attacks. Less anger in the world. A more harmonious society. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I was too young to remember the details, but when the majority of men and woman had what could be described as more traditional roles in western society, it seemed a safer and more enjoyable place to be. There were less one parent families. Seemingly less knife crime and random attacks. Less anger in the world. A more harmonious society. 

I can have a certain sympathy with those thoughts, though I think it is the price we pay for progress. 

8 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

I can have a certain sympathy with those thoughts, though I think it is the price we pay for progress. 

But isn’t that the key question here John. Is it progress? It’s certainly more years have passed, but how do you define progress? I certainly believe all people, regardless of gender, race, religion etc deserve the same opportunity in life. Where I start to question it is when society “forces” and “promotes” change that may not always end in beneficial progress to people and society overall.

I’ll give one example. I was watching one of those real life police programme on TV the other day. A male officer 6’4” and built like the proverbial brick Sh*thouse and his female partner 5’2” and built like an empty crisp packet, were chasing and looking to apprehend three youths who has assaulted another youth. I couldn’t  help but think that if I was that male police officer about to confront three lads aged about 16-18 possibly armed with a knife , I’d rather have another man alongside me. Now in the modern world I’m called out for being sexist, misogynist, biased, and a whole host of other “ists”. I just think it’s common sense. I don’t think these things when I see a woman pilot, or a woman doctor. I just think we push too much some times and put society and individuals in the wrong roles for fear of being cancelled.  Equally, I would imagine (but don’t know of course) that if I was a 14 year old girl who really just wanted to find a nice guy when I was older, who loved me and I could have a family with and stay home to look after the house and children, I’d have to keep those thoughts private. How can that be progress? 

It’s interesting that most of us on this forum have a love or a fondness for Thailand. We rationalise those thoughts by saying it’s the laid back life style, the fine weather, the great food etc. but how much of it is because life in Thailand is more like it was 30-50 years ago. Women like to be women. Family is more central to Thai life. People don’t fear opening a door for a woman. Why do we in the West continue to drive for change so many feel uneasy with?  

To bring it back on topic, I think much of Andrew Tates appeal, especially with younger men and boys, is that he triggers that inbuilt desire to return to what feels right, or at least natural???? 

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I think there’s a topic for a whole separate debate within your post.

During the Morgan interview, Tate described what you may call “Traditional roles” of men and women and went on to say these were the norms in 90% of the worlds population.  As the years have rolled on for me, I find myself increasingly questioning opinions and even values I have long held. This may be a natural ageing thing? My fear as I edge to older life is that I either hold on to past values and opinions stubbornly unwilling to change, or, I accept and even promote latest trends and in later life come to the conclusion I was wrong. I guess this “conflict” of thought is why I find myself unable to 100% disagree with some of Tates comments? 

Every generation regards the one coming after it as being a bunch of "snowflakes". The terminology changes but the sentiment remains. Bunch of Nancy boys/Hippies etc etc.

They are always painted as being lazy, feckless, self-centered, effeminate Primadona's.

But guess what happens when every generation is thrown into a war? They just get on with it. They perform at the same (or sometimes better) level as their predecessors. I remember watching videos by Ross Kemp of his time with British soldiers in Afghanistan and thinking "Good grief the equipment and uniforms change but British squaddies are same now as we were". 

The vast majority of the population are not interested in the views of either Tate OR Thunberg. They, like you and me when we were growing up, have other concerns on their minds. A vocal minority are interested and their influence is hyped and inflated but most people just regard the entire thing as background noise. 

Again it is easy to look back and think "Things were better back in the good old days" but the truth is it was not. Think of the Victorians. Ah the days of Empire. When the streets were paved with gold and every meal was a banquet. 

Truth is for the vast majority life was a grim slog just to survive. Crime was at pandemic levels. Child mortality rates were spectacular and life expectancy was around 55. Let's not even mention personal hygiene.

Anyway if you manage to read this far into my rambling diatribe of shite well done and have a good new year when it arrives.

Oh and as for Tate and Thunberg. He should go and live in Afghanistan where the population and its behavior will be far more suited to his tastes and Thunberg should bugger off to the North Pole and hug some reindeer or something.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Every generation regards the one coming after it as being a bunch of "snowflakes". The terminology changes but the sentiment remains. Bunch of Nancy boys/Hippies etc etc.

They are always painted as being lazy, feckless, self-centered, effeminate Primadona's.

But guess what happens when every generation is thrown into a war? They just get on with it. They perform at the same (or sometimes better) level as their predecessors. I remember watching videos by Ross Kemp of his time with British soldiers in Afghanistan and thinking "Good grief the equipment and uniforms change but British squaddies are same now as we were". 

The vast majority of the population are not interested in the views of either Tate OR Thunberg. They, like you and me when we were growing up, have other concerns on their minds. A vocal minority are interested and their influence is hyped and inflated but most people just regard the entire thing as background noise. 

Again it is easy to look back and think "Things were better back in the good old days" but the truth is it was not. Think of the Victorians. Ah the days of Empire. When the streets were paved with gold and every meal was a banquet. 

Truth is for the vast majority life was a grim slog just to survive. Crime was at pandemic levels. Child mortality rates were spectacular and life expectancy was around 55. Let's not even mention personal hygiene.

Anyway if you manage to read this far into my rambling diatribe of shite well done and have a good new year when it arrives.

Oh and as for Tate and Thunberg. He should go and live in Afghanistan where the population and its behavior will be far more suited to his tastes and Thunberg should bugger off to the North Pole and hug some reindeer or something.

I read it all mate and a good read. 

I do agree with what you say and I’m mindful that every generation is different and wants to be different to the previous. The only thing I’d pick up in is as follows:

49 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

A vocal minority are interested and their influence is hyped and inflated but most people just regard the entire thing as background noise. 

I think that concerns me most. You are right that it’s the vocal minority. But these people are influencing government policy. It’s the reason I’ve had to sit through hours of unconscious bias training at work. It’s why we are having to consider building gender neutral toilet facilities. It’s the reason I have to declare my pronouns or I can’t get contracts. These vocal minority are dangerous and the quiet majority are sat back letting it happen. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You are right that it’s the vocal minority. But these people are influencing government policy. It’s the reason I’ve had to sit through hours of unconscious bias training at work. It’s why we are having to consider building gender neutral toilet facilities. It’s the reason I have to declare my pronouns or I can’t get contracts. These vocal minority are dangerous and the quiet majority are sat back letting it happen. 

A good debate RS and SD.  👍 

IMO social media and the mindless millions who share and promote or 'influence' are a scourge on society.

What's the declare pronouns thing SD, please educate me  ... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KaptainRob said:

A good debate RS and SD.  👍 

IMO social media and the mindless millions who share and promote or 'influence' are a scourge on society.

What's the declare pronouns thing SD, please educate me  ... 

Pronouns in this context is to declare how you wish to be addressed. In my case it’s “He/Him”. For most women It’s  She/Her. It’s so that you don’t run the risk of referring to the 40 year old, 18 stone, 6’ Rigger called Steve by the wrong pronoun and upset someone. The short answer KR is that it’s utter bollocks. However, in a recent job I was contracted for, it was made clear that I must declare my pronouns on the HR database. 

Take a read and weep!

https://freespeechunion.org/faqs-on-what-to-do-if-you-are-asked-to-declare-your-preferred-pronouns-at-work/