News Forum - Daughter jailed for 20 years after stealing 250 million baht from her mother

Thaiger

Where there is family there is love, so the slogan says, but this may not be the case for one Bangkok family after a daughter fleeced her sick mother of over 250 million baht. Yesterday, Phra Khanong Criminal Court sentenced Mawadee Sriwirat to 20 years in prison for falsifying documents to steal more than 250 million baht from her mother, Huay Sriwirat. The 56 year old stole the money from her 85 year old mother while she was bedridden, reported Bangkok Post. The court also ordered Mawadee Sriwirat to return 123 million baht to her mother. Huay filed a lawsuit […]

The story Daughter jailed for 20 years after stealing 250 million baht from her mother as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Still a waste of a life to throw her in jail. Make her do community service and some house arrest.

The mom was 85. Why didn't she give some of the money to her kid anyway ? Now she gets the pleasure of seeing her kid locked up for 20 years

17 minutes ago, socal said:

Still a waste of a life to throw her in jail. Make her do community service and some house arrest.

For stealing 250 million baht? And, far worse, betraying her mother’s trust. She got off lightly and will be out in 10 years maximum.

18 minutes ago, socal said:

Why didn't she give some of the money to her kid anyway

Victim blaming? Greed is greed and for all we know the daughter prayed frequently at the temple for her mother’s death to cover up her crime.

• Like 1

Steal 250 million and pay back 123 million ? guess it doesn't really matter as it's unlikely to be paid back. 

As a foot note the corrupt bank employee gets a year, I'm sure the brown envelope they received made it worthwhile.

30 minutes ago, gazmo16 said:

Steal 250 million and pay back 123 million ? guess it doesn't really matter as it's unlikely to be paid back. 

As a foot note the corrupt bank employee gets a year, I'm sure the brown envelope they received made it worthwhile.

Surely a brown envelope would be of little value?

i dont know but maybe these guys here commenting to make her do some community work do not have kids themselves ?

Kids should learn to make up for their own living and not rely on heritage or their parents assets .

relying on heritage makes them lazy spoiled Bastards ..... and there are enough of those in the coming generations .

I ld make her pay in prison

3 hours ago, PATRIQUE said:

i dont know but maybe these guys here commenting to make her do some community work do not have kids themselves ?

Kids should learn to make up for their own living and not rely on heritage or their parents assets .

relying on heritage makes them lazy spoiled Bastards ..... and there are enough of those in the coming generations .

I ld make her pay in prison

Yeah yeah. At 85 years old , you really gotta be whipping that 56 year old into shape. Young ppl these days eh

If you are 85 years old and are hoarding 7+ million dollars from your kids, you probably screwed up and managed to make enemies out of your kids. 

2 hours ago, socal said:

Yeah yeah. At 85 years old , you really gotta be whipping that 56 year old into shape. Young ppl these days eh

If you are 85 years old and are hoarding 7+ million dollars from your kids, you probably screwed up and managed to make enemies out of your kids. 

What a warped view

iI's her money...........it's that simple

I am not just giving my kids millions of dollars

It's not millions but I mentioned before I can certainly afford to give my stepson a bigger monthly allowance and a nicer apartment than his student dorm

But I have no interest in doing that..........

He has enough to not starve and enjoy himself a bit, there is no need for more.........he needs to work for it and earn it

18 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

What a warped view

iI's her money...........it's that simple

I am not just giving my kids millions of dollars

It's not millions but I mentioned before I can certainly afford to give my stepson a bigger monthly allowance and a nicer apartment than his student dorm

But I have no interest in doing that..........

He has enough to not starve and enjoy himself a bit, there is no need for more.........he needs to work for it and earn it

I'm not saying anything about allowances. I probably wouldn't give my kid an allowance at all. 

But if i was 85 years old, and i had legacy wealth to my name , I'd be carefully passing it onto my kids. It would be warped not to. What are you gonna do? Hold onto it until you die ? And then let the govt get its hands on it ? 

Edited by socal

34 minutes ago, socal said:

I'm not saying anything about allowances. I probably wouldn't give my kid an allowance at all. 

But if i was 85 years old, and i had legacy wealth to my name , I'd be carefully passing it onto my kids. It would be warped not to. What are you gonna do? Hold onto it until you die ? And then let the govt get its hands on it ? 

I agree with you, I would have likely been doing it even earlier.(in my 70's).......

But she didn't and it's her right not to

This was a crime that was always going to be difficult to get away with given the paper trail involved. However, if the mother had been a bit more generous towards her daughter this would likely not have happened.

2 hours ago, thingamabob said:

This was a crime that was always going to be difficult to get away with given the paper trail involved. However, if the mother had been a bit more generous towards her daughter this would likely not have happened.

If her mother died she might well have got away with it.  How do you know her mother was not already generous? How do you know she was an only child as opposed to stealing her siblings share of any inheritance? She was stole from her sick mother and I find that difficult to excuse. 

On 12/30/2022 at 5:08 PM, Poolie said:

Surely a brown envelope would be of little value?

I'm guessing any bank employee who helped move 250 million baht did it for some reason and it seemed a good idea at the time. The employee was either extremely helpful (and nieve) or crooked.

I never underestimate the power of the Brown envelope, after all just look at Red Bull.

On 12/30/2022 at 8:04 PM, PATRIQUE said:

Red Bull heir on the run...... enough said.