PM calls for urgent meeting, expected to discuss “lockdown” measures

Thaiger

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has reportedly announced an urgent meeting for tomorrow to discuss measures to control the spread of Covid-19. Reports in Thai media say officials are considering travel restrictions similar to those set back in April of last year during the first wave of infections. Restrictions are likely to be imposed in Bangkok and other provinces with high infection rates and could be in place for 14 days to control the spread of the virus as the rapid-spreading Delta variant becomes more prevalent. Nightly curfews could be imposed. Other restrictions reportedly on the table for discussion include work-from-home orders and […]

The post PM calls for urgent meeting, expected to discuss “lockdown” measures appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How do you plan to keep vaccinating people under lockdown conditions? Question 2, looking at the baht/usd exchange rate chart, do you have any money left for any kind of lockdown? 

• Like 3

Everything done by this sham government has been a c*** up from the very start, they are still making mistake after mistake. There is going to so much suffering to come for the ordinary Thai people.

• Like 2

The only reasonable measure to control the spread of covid at this point is to buy and administer as many vaccines as possible, no matter the cost.

Edited by uanmak
  • Like 2
  • Cool 1

What happened to the P.M.'s self imposed quarantine?

I thought the Thais would be spared from his crackpot administration for awhile. However the good part is the Thai baht has slipped down 3 baht in three months against the British pound. Keep it going P.M Prayut. .

5 minutes ago, uanmak said:

The only reasonable measure to control the spread of covid at this point is to buy and administer as many vaccines as possible, no matter the cost.

Totally correct. I think the frustration many have is that this is not a complicated problem with multiple options, all with their individual cost benefits. This is a one option problem to solve. Get the vaccines and solve it. Delay the vaccines and the cost to the country will outweigh vaccine costs by many many times. The problem now of course is what to do until you can get the vaccines and then spend 3-6 months getting them in to people. 

It seems unfortunate that the current administration spent a year treading water on Covid. Surely there were lessons to be learnt from high density cities similar to Bangkok. Now Thailand has got to the sticky end and the plan seems bumbling and stumbling. 

• Like 2

So effectively no vaccines , no financial support for millions of poor Thais affected by the brutal economic downturn and no-one in charge. I'm no fan of Oliver Cromwell but he knew how to make a good speech - since Thailand is effectively in the 17th Century maybe these words will resonate down the centuries !

Oliver Cromwell: 'In the name of God, go!' speech dismissing Rump Parliament - 1653
20 April 1653, London, England

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place,

which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice.

Ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government.

Ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess?

Ye have no more religion than my horse. Gold is your God. Which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given me, I am now come to do.

I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

<deleted non-approved LINK>

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

19 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Totally correct. I think the frustration many have is that this is not a complicated problem with multiple options, all with their individual cost benefits. This is a one option problem to solve. Get the vaccines and solve it. Delay the vaccines and the cost to the country will outweigh vaccine costs by many many times. The problem now of course is what to do until you can get the vaccines and then spend 3-6 months getting them in to people. 

Back in January Thanathorn made the point forcibly and astutely and is facing defamation and lese-majeste charges for his efforts. Thailand really is going backwards maybe Palang Pracharath (People's State Party) should be renamed to Move Backwards. 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thanathorn-asks-court-to-restore-his-online-comments-on-govts-covid-vaccine-program/

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Totally disagree.  This is NOT a 'one option problem to solve.  Get the vaccines and solve it.'  Imo the Big Pharma driven lie/illusion of the vaccine-solution has aggravated the problem enormously. 

First by suppressing all other prophylactic and remedial treatments, as availability of effective alternatives would have resulted in the vaccines not being approved for emergency use, and resulting in patients being denied proven effective treatment.

And currently by suppressing and downplaying the adverse effects of these vaccines (+1 million ! reports already on the official EU, US and UK adverse vaccine effect database systems in the 6 months since the roll-out), and nobody knows what the long-term effects of these gene-altering remedies will be.

Reputed and extremely worried scientists confronted with the undeniable facts/data are increasingly pleading for an immediate stop of this covid mass-vaccination madness.  But sleepwalking Thailand is considering to vaccinate all children +3 years of age, as well as pregnant women, when they can get hold of enough jab-poison.

Edited by BlueSphinx

17 minutes ago, ENIGMA said:

It seems unfortunate that the current administration spent a year treading water on Covid. Surely there were lessons to be learnt from high density cities similar to Bangkok. Now Thailand has got to the sticky end and the plan seems bumbling and stumbling. 

Part of the problem they face in Thailand is that they spent a whole year convincing everyone Zero Covid was not only the right thing to do, it was also achievable. Even now, as recently as two days ago, the Governor of Phuket said Zero was the aim. With Zero Covid there has been little spread of the virus and hence hardly anyone has contracted it and developed antibodies. In addition few lessons have been learned on how to live with the virus. Now, as the virus has become more contagious with the delta variant, the country relaxed and the virus is out in to an unprotected population. Unprotected in every way possible. Unprotected physically, pshycoligically and economically.

If that alone wasn’t enough to make you fear for the coming months, the situation with vaccine rollout is probably one of the worst in the world. This really is a perfect storm and will result in major political change. Possibly the only silver lining on this very dark cloud.

6 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Totally disagree.  This is NOT a 'one option problem to solve.  Get the vaccines and solve it.'  Imo the Big Pharma driven lie/illusion of the vaccine-solution has aggravated the problem enormously. 

First by suppressing all other prophylactic and remedial treatments, as availability of effective alternatives would have resulted in the vaccines not being approved for emergency use, and resulting in patients being denied proven effective treatment.

And currently by suppressing and downplaying the adverse effects of these vaccines (+1 million ! reports already on the official EU, US and UK adverse vaccine effect database systems in the 6 months since the roll-out), and nobody knows what the long-term effects of these gene-altering remedies will be.

Reputed and extremely worried scientists confronted with the undeniable facts/data are increasingly pleading for an immediate stop of this covid mass-vaccination madness.  But sleepwalking Thailand is considering to vaccinate all children +3 years of age, as well as pregnant women, when they can get hold of enough jab-poison.

Well I would never advocate giving the vaccine to anyone under the age of 18 at this stage. In fact there’s a case to be made not to give it to people under 40. I can’t comment on the other options for suppression or treatment of the virus as I simply haven’t researched it. However, vaccination is working to break the link between infection and hospitalisation. What the long term affects of these various vaccines will be is a concern. Some of them use relatively new technology while others use more traditional “tried & tested” ways. Only time will tell, though right now, something urgently is required for Thailand and many other places where this is getting out of control.  

• Like 2

The Sandbox turned out to be a failure as every sensible person knew it would be. However, the administration of vaccines is laughable. I am 66, l have suffered T.B and have been run over, having my lungs punctured. I can't get a vaccine. Last night, l spoke to one of my former students. Who is now up North at university. She is 19 yrs old and has had both vaccine shots! The Thai teachers have been ignored and are still waiting for vaccines. What's going on?

12 minutes ago, Soidog said:

..., something urgently is required for Thailand and many other places where this is getting out of control.  

We only hear about mass-vaccination as the only solution (and guess who fully supports and sponsors that highway to hell). 

What about a 'Focused Protection' approach for the vulnerable (the elderly with underlying conditions), and this combined with making proven highly effective and totally harmless remedies like Ivermectin widely available.

Thailand could learn a lesson from India where those states that were suffering with high infection/hospitalization rates saw an approx 90% improvement when finally opting for that 'common sense' approach.  While states like Tamil Nadu that did NOT approve the use of Ivermectin and other remedial drugs, but relied on increased vaccination, had their death-rates sky-rocketing.  The Indian rep from WHO that was instrumental in blocking the use of those remedies, is now being charged by the Indian juridicial system and faces the death penalty for her lobbying activities and lies that led to delay and non-approval of these remedies resulting in thousands of needless deaths.

Do some research and you will quickly see through the Web of deceit and lies, as the facts and data are readily accessible.

8 minutes ago, Paulus said:

The Sandbox turned out to be a failure as every sensible person knew it would be. However, the administration of vaccines is laughable. I am 66, l have suffered T.B and have been run over, having my lungs punctured. I can't get a vaccine. Last night, l spoke to one of my former students. Who is now up North at university. She is 19 yrs old and has had both vaccine shots! The Thai teachers have been ignored and are still waiting for vaccines. What's going on?

It's a scandal but then this is Thailand where things including life are cheap. One of my nieces who is(was) a dancer at Phuket Fantasea is healthy 28 years old and has had two jabs. Any sensible vax plocu would follow the Uk's example - work through the moist at risk first and work down through these cohorts. I think we can be assured that any of the ruling elites will have been double jabbed with gold standard vaccines should they have wanted them. Then as Prayuth let slip in April "what happens happens" probably the truest words he has ever spoken. 

Edited by billybob

40 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

It's not 'jab poison' as you put it but an efficacious remedy . Here in the UK nearly all my family and friends have had it without any serious issues and it is currently the key to unlocking the UK and returning to something like normal (hopefully).  Most of the so called reputed scientists turn out to be outlier loons such as Michael Yeadon and thankfully msm confines there outpourings to the extreme edges of the internet such as rumble or bitchute. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/03/17/covid-19-mrna-vaccines-are-not-gene-therapy-as-some-are-claiming/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has reportedly announced an urgent meeting for tomorrow to discuss measures to control the spread of Covid-19. Reports in Thai media say officials are considering travel restrictions similar to those set back in April of last year during the first wave of infections. Restrictions are likely to be imposed in Bangkok and other provinces with high infection rates and could be in place for 14 days to control the spread of the virus as the rapid-spreading Delta variant becomes more prevalent. Nightly curfews could be imposed. Other restrictions reportedly on the table for discussion include work-from-home orders and […]

The post PM calls for urgent meeting, expected to discuss “lockdown” measures appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So now that it has been reported as having spread to all 77 provinces this PM is calling a meeting to discuss measures to stop the spread. Is this guy devoid of any commonsense ? In another thread he was likened to the amoeba, now even that is a stretch to consider this idiot has even one functioning cell.

Very sad pictures and video of 100s of Thai's queuing all night to get a test and given the contagiousness of alpha I'm not sure what good a test will do. Queuing all night in relative close proximity is not a good idea and if you do test positive what next is treatment actually available?

https://thestandard.co/sleep-and-wait-for-covid-test-at-phra-sri-mahathat-temple/

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, billybob said:

It's not 'jab poison' as you put it but an efficacious remedy . Here in the UK nearly all my family and friends have had it without any serious issues and it is currently the key to unlocking the UK and returning to something like normal (hopefully).  Most of the so called reputed scientists turn out to be outlier loons such as Michael Yeadon and thankfully msm confines there outpourings to the extreme edges of the internet such as rumble or bitchute. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/03/17/covid-19-mrna-vaccines-are-not-gene-therapy-as-some-are-claiming/

One of the 'loons' as you call these reputed and extremely worried scientists is dr Robert Malone.

If his name does not ring a bell > Dr Malone is THE authoritative voice on mRNA (messenger ribonucleic acid) technology since he invented it when he was a graduate student at the Salk Institute in 1988.  He is not a conspiracy theorist and he’s not an anti-vaxxer. He’s spent the past three decades building vaccines and vaccine technology.  

Three excerpts from the interview which he gave last week (and which was removed within 3 hours from YouTube).

#1 - ‘In the Security and Exchange Commission filings for both Pfizer and Moderna, there’s explicit statements that acknowledge that these are gene therapy-based (vaccines) and the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) perceives them as such.’  He explained that regulatory agencies such as America’s FDA and Britain’s MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) have different safety check lists for vaccines and gene therapies. Typically, genotoxicity and reproductive toxicity studies are not done with vaccines, but are done with gene therapy products.  > and thus the Pfizer and Moderna gene-therapies had to be labelled 'vaccines'

Given that the MHRA and FDA have approved the Pfizer vaccine for 12 to 15-year-olds and have been actively encouraging the use of it across multiple age groups, Dr Malone likened this application to the situation where ‘if you give a three-year-old a hammer, everything becomes a nail’. 

There are more bombshells in that interview, like the the bias in the data stating there’s no effect of the vaccine on pregnant women, causing spontaneous abortion. In fact, many of the women in those studies were in the third trimester, where the risk of miscarriage is much lower.  Dr Malone said if you took out the third trimester data and re-analysed it, just looking at those women in the first and second trimester, then the risk of spontaneous abortion jumps to above 50 per cent.  

The article commenting on the interview as well as the FULL VIDEO-INTERVIEW with him can be accessed here:

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/scandal-of-the-rushed-rollout-censored-vaccine-expert-speaks-out/

Take a look, and then decide whether he belongs to the Loony Brigade...

6 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

One of the 'loons' as you call these reputed and extremely worried scientists is dr Robert Malone.

If his name does not ring a bell > Dr Malone is THE authoritative voice on mRNA (messenger ribonucleic acid) technology since he invented it when he was a graduate student at the Salk Institute in 1988.  He is not a conspiracy theorist and he’s not an anti-vaxxer. He’s spent the past three decades building vaccines and vaccine technology.  

Three excerpts from the interview which he gave last week (and which was removed within 3 hours from YouTube).

#1 - ‘In the Security and Exchange Commission filings for both Pfizer and Moderna, there’s explicit statements that acknowledge that these are gene therapy-based (vaccines) and the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) perceives them as such.’  He explained that regulatory agencies such as America’s FDA and Britain’s MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) have different safety check lists for vaccines and gene therapies. Typically, genotoxicity and reproductive toxicity studies are not done with vaccines, but are done with gene therapy products.  > and thus the Pfizer and Moderna gene-therapies had to be labelled 'vaccines'

Given that the MHRA and FDA have approved the Pfizer vaccine for 12 to 15-year-olds and have been actively encouraging the use of it across multiple age groups, Dr Malone likened this application to the situation where ‘if you give a three-year-old a hammer, everything becomes a nail’. 

There are more bombshells in that interview, like the the bias in the data stating there’s no effect of the vaccine on pregnant women, causing spontaneous abortion. In fact, many of the women in those studies were in the third trimester, where the risk of miscarriage is much lower.  Dr Malone said if you took out the third trimester data and re-analysed it, just looking at those women in the first and second trimester, then the risk of spontaneous abortion jumps to above 50 per cent.  

The article commenting on the interview as well as the FULL VIDEO-INTERVIEW with him can be accessed here:

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/scandal-of-the-rushed-rollout-censored-vaccine-expert-speaks-out/

Take a look, and then decide whether he belongs to the Loony Brigade...

I do like Conservative Woman for a bit of a laugh but they are the libertarian loon wing I'm afraid Mr Sphinx ! Have fact checked the good doctor for you.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-vaccine-cytotoxic-idUSL2N2O01XP

• Like 2

Should have locked down before songkran and shut all the big shopping malls  but this bonehead knows better now its spread there is no stopping it now unfortunatly

1 hour ago, BlueSphinx said:

This and other of your posts on this topic are full of conspirancy theories and novax gibberish. I write here once for all, then let the Thaiger crew takes his actions. 

...Big Pharma driven lie/illusion of the vaccine-solution...

Commercial vaccines exists from around one century and have saved millions of lives. "Big Pharma" does not exist but in the mind of conspirancy theory supporters. Although pharma companies are driven by profit, even the most evil CEO understands that letting the consumers die is no good business.

...availability of effective alternatives...

Which one? I hope you mean monoclonal antibodies (with or without remdesivir). If you mean hydroxychloroquine, vitamin D, ivermectin and all those water-and-lemon-style so-called domestic therapies, they have already been proven ineffective, not proven effective yet, and/or far from being effective. Even convalescent plasma has been found not promising.

...resulting in patients being denied proven effective treatment...

Again, which one? Mention at least 1 effective treatment which has been proven effective by clinical trials, aside from mAbs or prevention by means of vaccination.

...suppressing and downplaying the adverse effects of these vaccines (+1 million ! reports already on the official EU, US and UK adverse vaccine effect database systems in the 6 months since the roll-out)...

EU adverse effects (less than 500k, you can check here: https://www.adrreports.eu/en/search_subst.html) are very mild up to now, almost all related to pain on the site of injection (which is common with many inoculations). Deaths are extremely rare, and surely outperformed by the consequences of no vaccination. Your catastrophism is unneccessary and unsolicited. Besides, they are small compared to the: 

- 380 millions of doses in the EU (https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#uptake-tab);
- 380 millions of doses in the US as well (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html);
- 80 millions of doses in the UK (https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations)

administered to date (total: 840 million doses).

...and nobody knows what the long-term effects of these gene-altering remedies will be...

It is known from ages that mRNA does not alter any gene because:
1) RNA is not DNA, and encodes for proteins only;
2) RNA does not self-replicate in humans, as humans lack of RNA-dependent RNA polymerases (which are common in viruses);
3) humans cannot reverse transcript RNA into DNA (no, polymerases theta will not work in this case, the article from Chandramouly et al. means something else); 
4) mRNA does not pass thru the nuclear membrane, because the process is strictly signal-mediated and involves precise steps and proteins, one of which must have an amino-acid sequence (called NLS) on the transport protein, that is recognized by the import protein. mRNAs are not proteins, the ones used as vaccine have no transport protein associated with them, nor that NLS sequence. However, it must be noted that several coronaviruses carry NLS sequences;
5) even if the mRNA is able to cross the nuclear membrane, it would be either re-expelled, or destroyed by enzymes;
6) even if this would not happen again, the cell would understand that something is going wrong, and start the procedure for apoptosis (aka, it will kill itself);
7) the mRNA vaccine is mostly detected and uptaken around the site of inoculation (which is intramuscular and not intravenous), whus does not have the time to circulate and modify all the trillions of cells in your body, Hulk-style, let alone the reproductive system.

You should learn from a biochemistry book, for example the excellent Lehninger.

...Reputed and extremely worried scientists confronted with the undeniable facts/data are increasingly pleading for an immediate stop of this covid mass-vaccination madness....

Who? The laughable Didier Raoult? Or perhaps the once famous, now disgraced, Luc Montagnier and its nonsense, as well as his followers?
Reputable scientists are advocating for vaccination. Robert Malone is advising to be careful, but his opinion does not change the mere fact that the current vaccination campaign is working, at least until a new mutation will come out and not respond to vaccines at all, which is not sci fi but a possible scenario whether stubborn individuals and groups are still refractory to prevention thru vaccination (read: novaxxers) and thus sustaining viral replication and potential occurrence of variants. Everyone else are ridiculed, facing backlash and/or serious legal problems.

...enough jab-poison...

Neither vaccines nor adjuvants are poisonous.

I seriously doubt you have the minimal knowledge on biology necessary to understand the basics of immune response.
My suggestion for you is to refrain from spreading misinformation if you have no clue nor expertise in the field. 

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Well I would never advocate giving the vaccine to anyone under the age of 18 at this stage. In fact there’s a case to be made not to give it to people under 40. I can’t comment on the other options for suppression or treatment of the virus as I simply haven’t researched it. However, vaccination is working to break the link between infection and hospitalisation. What the long term affects of these various vaccines will be is a concern. Some of them use relatively new technology while others use more traditional “tried & tested” ways. Only time will tell, though right now, something urgently is required for Thailand and many other places where this is getting out of control.  

Belgium invited everybody over 18 years old. They are now inviting young people above 15 and the intention is to soon invite the 12-15 year olds.
Vaccination is not obligatory, the young ones don't get so sick, but going to school they have a lot of contacts, familywise and schoolwise and can pass the virus easily.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Strange I can't find his name nowhere.
Seems it is an Hungarian biochemist, Katalin Kariko who is credited.

• Like 1