News Forum - Corpse wearing Royal Thai Navy shirt is a fisherman, not a HTMS Sukhothai sailor

Thaiger

The dead man wearing a Royal Thai Navy shirt found washed up on a beach in Songkhla province this morning was a fisherman and not a sailor from the HTMS Sukhothai, which sank in the Gulf of Thailand just over a week ago. Many thought the man may be one of the 11 HTMS Sukhothai sailors still missing. However, a report from Songkhla province’s Thai Maritime Enforcement Command Centre Region 2 identifies the deceased as 61 year old Saroj Mindo, a fisherman from Mueang Songkhla district. The fisherman was aboard the Sap Sunan fishing boat which sank in the Gulf […]

The story Corpse wearing Royal Thai Navy shirt is a fisherman, not a HTMS Sukhothai sailor as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How did a commoner gets the Royal Thai Navy shirt for himself? All these uniforms belong to the respective enforcement agencies. If commoner can have such uniforms for themselves, then there is always a possibility of violation of the law and order by individuals using it as an avenue.  

27 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

How did a commoner gets the Royal Thai Navy shirt for himself? All these uniforms belong to the respective enforcement agencies. If commoner can have such uniforms for themselves, then there is always a possibility of violation of the law and order by individuals using it as an avenue.  

It’s easy in Thailand. I can walk in to a shop and buy a full army or police uniform including motor cycle helmet. I wouldn’t be able to carry off being a Thai policeman however. Too European looking and too honest 😉

I should add. Walk in to any clothing market and you’ll find decent copies of Army, Navy and Police T-shirts for sale. 

Edited by Soidog
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

It’s easy in Thailand. I can walk in to a shop and buy a full army or police uniform including motor cycle helmet. I wouldn’t be able to carry off being a Thai policeman however. Too European looking and too honest 😉

I should add. Walk in to any clothing market and you’ll find decent copies of Army, Navy and Police T-shirts for sale. 

Thought you were part Lebanese or something