News Forum - Driver hits wild gaur in northeast Thailand, both injured

Thaiger

A driver hit a wild gaur in Thailand’s northeast province of Nakhon Ratchasima last night, injuring both himself and the gaur. The driver hit the gaur on Highway 3052 in Wang Nam Khiao district.  The driver said he saw the gaur cross in front of him, too close for him to stop or avoid hitting it. Rescuers arrived on the scene to find the man with minor injuries, with the front of his car badly damaged. The rescuers brought the driver to a hospital.  The gaur was believed to also have been injured, but it was still able to run […]

The story Driver hits wild gaur in northeast Thailand, both injured as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Rescuers arrived on the scene to find the man with minor injuries, with the front of his car badly damaged.

I can only assume (dangerous I know) it was due to not wearing a seat belt.

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The gaur’s injuries were thought to be minor, since there were no blood stains and the tracks it left showed no signs of a broken limb. 

The gaur must have been the one wearing a seat belt.

• Haha 1

If that’s the picture of the damage then he either didn’t hit a Gaur or the animal has flown 50 metres in to the forest and likely dead. I’ve hit a large bull that got out of a field many years ago. My car wasn’t half as badly damaged as that picture shows and the animal was stone dead with limbs hanging off a few metres away. Something not right if that’s a genuine picture  

• Like 2