News Forum - Kindergarten students save up to buy blankets for the needy in northern Thailand

Thaiger

Kindergarten students in Chiang Rai province in northernmost Thailand saved up one baht every day for a year to buy blankets for people suffering in the cold weather this winter, especially those living at high altitudes in the province’s mountainous regions. Teachers at Chiang Rai Kindergarten invited students to join a charitable project entitled “Doing 89 Million Good Deeds for the King” to develop their social skills and teach them the importance of sharing. Each child, aged five to six years old, was encouraged to save up one baht per day for one year to buy blankets. The children were […]

The story Kindergarten students save up to buy blankets for the needy in northern Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

May be the politicians also can do their part by giving away their one year salary which they gets for being a member of parliament

GIVE they don't know what that word means. 😂

Possibly they could have done better on the project title, also.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

May be the politicians also can do their part by giving away their one year salary which they gets for being a member of parliament

Do you mean their official salary or their total earnings? If it’s the latter, some of them could buy a blanket for the population of the planet.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, palooka said:

Possibly they could have done better on the project title, also.

A lot lot better. I could think of a few, but I don’t fancy risking 15+ years in a Thai jail for saying them. I’m a little scared even thinking them 😉

• Like 1

While it's good that the kids are being taught social responsibility, I see the article doesn't mention how much each blanket costs.
For years Beer Chang did wonders for their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) by handing out thousands of blankets in the winter - with their logo on of course.

When I worked for a marketing company in Bangkok, they did a similar thing to make them look caring. What wasn't mentioned was that they paid villagers in an isolated village a measly 30 Baht to produce each large blanket, which they were able to write off against tax.

• Like 1