News Forum - Anti-government protest leader under fire over expensive handbag

Thaiger

Anti-government protest leader Panusaya “Rung” is under fire for her alleged flaunting of a 200,000 baht handbag. Rung was called out by senator Jetn Sirathranont as he asked the National Security Council to look into her finances after a photo of her with the handbag circulated on Facebook and on other social media outlets. According to the Bangkok Post, Jetn says she appeared unusually rich as her Louis Vuitton handbag is estimated to be worth 221,000 baht. Jetn says Panusaya’s pro-democracy movement was reported to have received a large number of donations. He went on to say that the Thammasat […]

The story Anti-government protest leader under fire over expensive handbag as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Anti-government protest leader Panusaya “Rung” is under fire for her alleged flaunting of a 200,000 baht handbag. Rung was called out by senator Jetn Sirathranont as he asked the National Security Council to look into her finances after a photo of her with the handbag circulated on Facebook and on other social media outlets. According to the Bangkok Post, Jetn says she appeared unusually rich as her Louis Vuitton handbag is estimated to be worth 221,000 baht. Jetn says Panusaya’s pro-democracy movement was reported to have received a large number of donations. He went on to say that the Thammasat […]

The story Anti-government protest leader under fire over expensive handbag as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full stor 

they seem pretty sure it's genuine

“There might be other people who want to become leading political activists after seeing these leaders get richer. The more people seeking to become political movement leaders, the more chaotic the country will be, which might not be good for the economy and society.”

Words literally fail me!! You can not even start to understand the mindset of such an idiot. 

I often read stupid things that politicians say in the U.K. and U.S. Certainly Boris Johnston and Trump had their own share. But this clown making these kind of comments is in a league of his own. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

You can not even start to understand the mindset of such an idiot

Of course you can understand this idiot's mindset. He is part of the junta and when (if) there is a valid and honest election, he will be out on his bony butt. 

Desperation leads to desperate statements and measures. Even a rat will turn and fight when cornered.

• Like 1

I think the senator's comments are a bit short on logic/intelligence. It appears it did not occur to him that rich people tend to have expensive things.

14 hours ago, Soidog said:

“There might be other people who want to become leading political activists after seeing these leaders get richer. The more people seeking to become political movement leaders, the more chaotic the country will be, which might not be good for the economy and society.”

Words literally fail me!! You can not even start to understand the mindset of such an idiot. 

I often read stupid things that politicians say in the U.K. and U.S. Certainly Boris Johnston and Trump had their own share. But this clown making these kind of comments is in a league of his own. 

I was hoping you or someone would make that comment.

My take on it is she borrowed it from a dead relative.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thingamabob said:

It appears it did not occur to him that rich people tend to have expensive things.

He should be able to equate that to his own circumstances. Regardless of how THAT wealth dropped into his desk drawer.

• Like 1

He's engaging in (very clumsy) Divide and Conquer to squelch a loudmouth student stirring up 'trouble' for the regime.   As old as the day is long.  Spoiled rich girl.  Daddy's money paying for University, flash handbags.  What does a Hi-So twit like HER know about YOUR lives and YOUR struggles, and what's good for the country.   He's trying to drive a wedge in using class and caste to stir up dissension in the ranks. 

It's a cheap but effective ploy, but thinking people see it for what it is and realize it says more about the Senator himself than the Uni Student he's grassing up.

Hopefully the working class here aren't as shallow and dumb as the ones in my country. 

• Like 2

“There might be other people who want to become leading political activists after seeing these leaders get richer"

From a Thai politician? Pot, kettle, black?

• Haha 1