News Forum - Dining carriages and catering trolleys return to Thai trains

Thaiger

Dining carriages and catering trolleys are back in service on Thailand’s trains after a two-year hiatus, according to the State Railway of Thailand (SRT). The SRT suspended all food and drink services in April 2020 to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Certain busy routes stop running completely to prevent outbreaks of the virus. However, Thailand is slowly but surely moving on from the pandemic. Both Thai and foreign tourists are gaining back their travel bug and exploring the kingdom once more. Opting to travel by train in Thailand offers cheaper and more unique experiences. But journeys on Thailand’s rickety tracks […]

The story Dining carriages and catering trolleys return to Thai trains as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I wonder if they will start selling beer again?
It was a great way to pass the journey, until one regrettable and fatal incident caused by an SRT employee made SRT decide to stop selling alcohol.

9 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

I wonder if they will start selling beer again?
It was a great way to pass the journey, until one regrettable and fatal incident caused by an SRT employee made SRT decide to stop selling alcohol.

Highly unlikely. Yaba was involved in that incident as well. I used to love having drinks on the train, now I avoid train’s altogether as no enjoyment and too long of a trip. 

The country already have enough headache regarding alcohol issues on the road. Better not to allow that happen in the train as it will be disaster. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ramanathan.P said:

The country already have enough headache regarding alcohol issues on the road. Better not to allow that happen in the train as it will be disaster. 

Are you saying the train driver is allowed to drink and drive?