News Forum - Best plants to repel mosquitoes in Thailand

Thaiger

As the relentless rainy season brings swarms of mosquitoes in and around homes in Thailand, one way to combat their existence is by using naturally repelling plants. Here, we have a list of plants that can help keep these Dengue Fever carriers at bay. 1. Rosemary Aside from being a versatile and delectable herb, rosemary leaf contains oils that have been shown to ward off mosquitoes. As it is popular with those who grow plants at home, it is also easy to grow. It can do just fine in a window box or in your garden. It is also a […]

The story Best plants to repel mosquitoes in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I have been told mosquitoes don't like lemon grass either.

Yes, they don't like the fragrance of lemon grass. Another option would be cut a lemon into 2 halves and stuck in cloves to the lemon and leave it in the room. Mosquitoes will not enter the room. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I have been told mosquitoes don't like lemon grass either.

yes but sadly just having lots of lemongrass growing doesn't repel them. There seems to be no way to do it naturally and without effort.

The only way is with Soffel or other repellent cream/spray containing deet. It doesn’t stop them entering the room, but it does stop them biting you. Most of the time anyway! 

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

The only way is with Soffel or other repellent cream/spray containing deet. It doesn’t stop them entering the room, but it does stop them biting you. Most of the time anyway! 

The small electric heaters for liquid or tablets work quite well to keep them out, even with windows wide open. I wonder how the USB ones would perform outside.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

As the relentless rainy season brings swarms of mosquitoes in and around homes in Thailand, one way to combat their existence is by using naturally repelling plants. Here, we have a list of plants that can help keep these Dengue Fever carriers at bay. 1. Rosemary Aside from being a versatile and delectable herb, rosemary leaf contains oils that have been shown to ward off mosquitoes. As it is popular with those who grow plants at home, it is also easy to grow. It can do just fine in a window box or in your garden. It is also a […]

The story Best plants to repel mosquitoes in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Mosquitos are really annoying and I have tried many ways, including all these plants, sprays, electronic heating device......

It seems the best and most effective solution is still the good old mosquito coil incense.

1 hour ago, HiuMak said:

Mosquitos are really annoying and I have tried many ways, including all these plants, sprays, electronic heating device......

It seems the best and most effective solution is still the good old mosquito coil incense.

If only they came already untangled.