News Forum - Pattaya Walking Street cannabis sellers need, but cannot get, licenses

Thaiger

In the battle to regulate cannabis after its decriminalisation, street stalls in Pattaya may be the next to fall. Police are warning market and street vendors that they cannot sell cannabis products without a license. The catch is, licenses can only be obtained for businesses with a legal address, which pop-up stalls do not have. Last night, The Pattaya News reported that police made the rounds warning street vendors that they will have to leave Pattaya Walking Street if they cannot produce a valid license. The Pattaya Police chief explained that cannabis is a controlled substance and sales can only […]

The story Pattaya Walking Street cannabis sellers need, but cannot get, licenses as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

14 hours ago, Thaiger said:

In the battle to regulate cannabis after its decriminalisation, street stalls in Pattaya may be the next to fall. Police are warning market and street vendors that they cannot sell cannabis products without a license. The catch is, licenses can only be obtained for businesses with a legal address, which pop-up stalls do not have. Last night, The Pattaya News reported that police made the rounds warning street vendors that they will have to leave Pattaya Walking Street if they cannot produce a valid license. The Pattaya Police chief explained that cannabis is a controlled substance and sales can only […]

The story Pattaya Walking Street cannabis sellers need, but cannot get, licenses as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

$$$ can do wonders

Brings back memories of the US Prohibition Act in 1920, which fueled  the greatest era of crime in America. Brought about by a perfect combination of poor planning,  greed, and  political corruption.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, francoa said:

And I fully agree. I see a zero reason why the weed should be on display like that.

Keep it legal , but keep it inside, as anywhere else

Just goes to show how brainwashed the world can be

Alcohol is a much more dangerous drug than weed, and it's been on display all over the world for decades.

Not having a go at you personally, I mean "brainwashed" or conditioned as a society

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Alcohol is a much more dangerous drug than weed, and it's been on display all over the world for decades.

Not having a go at you personally, I mean "brainwashed" or conditioned as a society

What other countries do is irrelevant to the point, however here street sale of alcohol is forbidden by the Alcoholic beverage control act 2008, Section 30, point 2.

Besides, not even in Amsterdam cannabis is licensed to be sold on the street (aside from drug dealers, of course).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ivo_Shandor said:

What other countries do is irrelevant to the point, however here street sale of alcohol is forbidden by the Alcoholic beverage control act 2008, Section 30, point 2.

Besides, not even in Amsterdam cannabis is licensed to be sold on the street (aside from drug dealers, of course).

My bad I didn't see they were talking about street vendors, I thought they were talking about stores and dispencaries

And yes, I agree they shouldn't be sold out on the street like that

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Alcohol is not on display, I dont see 20 tables basically inna row full of alcohol bottles everywhere I go. The “whole” world has alcohol in shops, not lying on the street

9 hours ago, Ivo_Shandor said:

exactly, in spain is the same, behind doors. Un Thailand and every were, I have not found a single shop with alcohol sold like that, bunch of tables ona. street displaying bottles for purchase. 

To me, I do not see quite "on the streets" in Thailand but on "walking street" in Pattaya. The thing is, to get a licence you need to have a shop, those people are small vendors who probably cannot afford to rent a shop, they are just making a few bob. Considering all the things happening around them on Walking street, most of them being illegal and far worse, what harm those vendors do really? It is a little hypocritical.