News Forum - Transport officials expect tens of thousands of bus travellers in Thailand during three-day weekend.

Thaiger

Transport officials expect tens of thousands of domestic bus travellers in Thailand during the three-day weekend from December 10-12. The managing director of the state-run Transport Co Ltd., Sanyalak Panwattanalikhit, said the company has about 3,000 trips to facilitate during these days. Sanyalak said that over 227,386 people travelled during the last long weekend from December 2-5, for Thai Father’s Day. This, he said, accounted for 23,233 trips, The Pattaya News reported. To prevent the spread of Covid-19, it is recommended that passengers comply with Transport Company regulations such as wearing masks and social distancing. Thailand’s Constitutional Day celebrates the day […]

The story Transport officials expect tens of thousands of bus travellers in Thailand during three-day weekend. as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Bit hopeful with New Year coming up and people still behind financially over Covid.

Seems to be that it is Constitution Day, best I can make of it.

Good luck getting someone to take a pay drop for that when they could be getting OT instead.

(Exclude the Govt workers they don't get OT.)

4 hours ago, palooka said:

Bit hopeful with New Year coming up and people still behind financially over Covid.

Seems to be that it is Constitution Day, best I can make of it.

Good luck getting someone to take a pay drop for that when they could be getting OT instead.

(Exclude the Govt workers they don't get OT.)

I initially read your post wrong but with NYE coming up two weeks later, you could be correct that many would hold off until then

But I disagree on the financial aspect. I travelled all over Thailand in May and June, South to North with young Thai(Univerisity age) and all the Thai places we went were packed

• Like 1