Jump to content

News Forum - Twitter investigation discovers mass censorship & blacklisting under previous regime


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Elon Musk’s decision to fire most of his staff when he bought Twitter caused much furore on and off the platform but a recent investigation into the staff’s censorship behaviour would make China blush and suggests he was right. The US business magnate, who bought the social media platform on October 27, last week handed over the Twitter files to two US investigative journalists. Bari Weiss and Matt Taibbi published the first round of their finds on Friday, December 2, which revealed the social media platform engaged in mass censorship and the blacklisting of accounts. The journalists gave an example […]

The story Twitter investigation discovers mass censorship & blacklisting under previous regime as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You won’t find this story in sharp focus in most U.K. media outlets, certainly not the BBC or Sky News. The one they are pushing today regarding Twitter is all about how apparently more women were fired from Twitter than men. Far more important to get the women versus men quota correct than it is to have a discussion about what is supposed to be an impartial social media platform. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You won’t find this story in sharp focus in most U.K. media outlets, certainly not the BBC or Sky News. The one they are pushing today regarding Twitter is all about how apparently more women were fired from Twitter than men. Far more important to get the women versus men quota correct than it is to have a discussion about what is supposed to be an impartial social media platform. 

Yes, very little - all I have seen was late night discussion a couple of days ago about the sacking of Twitter's Legal Executive and how Twitter went along with the FBI warning them off allowing any discussion of the leaked contents of Hunter Biden's laptop, but even that tried to dismiss it as legitimate because of some of the more lurid details, while trying to play down the very questionable business emails. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

Yes, very little - all I have seen was late night discussion a couple of days ago about the sacking of Twitter's Legal Executive and how Twitter went along with the FBI warning them off allowing any discussion of the leaked contents of Hunter Biden's laptop, but even that tried to dismiss it as legitimate because of some of the more lurid details, while trying to play down the very questionable business emails. 

The BBC and Sky production teams are full of liberal left or metropolitan elites. The only way to balance the news is to dip in to GB News or Talk TV. Both of these channels have been a disappointment to me. Production quality is poor and their hurry to balance the news comes across as equally biased as the BBC or Sky. 
 

The sad part for me however, is that the whole media in the western world is on the rails of what it believes is liberal nirvana. It excludes and demonises what it doesn’t agree with and promotes news which supports its agenda. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Soidog said:

The BBC and Sky production teams are full of liberal left or metropolitan elites. The only way to balance the news is to dip in to GB News or Talk TV. Both of these channels have been a disappointment to me. Production quality is poor and their hurry to balance the news comes across as equally biased as the BBC or Sky. 
 

The sad part for me however, is that the whole media in the western world is on the rails of what it believes is liberal nirvana. It excludes and demonises what it doesn’t agree with and promotes news which supports its agenda. 
 

Hmm...

Mr Dog, I see something different.

I see a good poster sliding down an ugly rabbit hole.

Pull up before it is too late.

All the best.

SW

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Hmm...

Mr Dog, I see something different.

I see a good poster sliding down an ugly rabbit hole.

Pull up before it is too late.

All the best.

SW

😂😂. Enlighten me Mr Wilder. I actually don’t like the term Liberal to describe what’s going on in Western Media. I consider myself Liberal in the sense of taking the middle ground in politics and thinking I’m liberal minded. The Western media seems hell bent on ramming every single minority issue down the collective throat of the majority. Its claims are often unsubstantiated and frankly boring and dull for humanity. I think Musk is highlighting a major issue we all suspected was taking place and continues to take place in the Media and Social Media. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Soidog said:


 

The sad part for me however, is that the whole media in the western world is on the rails of what it believes is liberal nirvana. It excludes and demonises what it doesn’t agree with and promotes news which supports its agenda. 
 

No it doesn't

 

If there are proper conservative news sources, they are never demonized

 

The issue is so many conservative news sources are whackjob sites that promote lies

 

Sites like The National Review( I think the best conservative news site) Wall Street Journal editorial is conservative.

The Hill leans conservative but I'd say is more "balanaced" than Conservative

 

None of those sites get demonized. Criticized yes, but not demonized

 

But when you have news stations like OAN, shows like Tucker Carlson that just spew lies, they deserve to be demonized

 

Name any stations or shows that lean left that compare to OAN and Carlson that spew outright lies like they do??

 

 

 

PS.....I don't watch or read anything that leans too much to any side

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

😂😂. Enlighten me Mr Wilder. I actually don’t like the term Liberal to describe what’s going on in Western Media. I consider myself Liberal in the sense of taking the middle ground in politics and thinking I’m liberal minded. The Western media seems hell bent on ramming every single minority issue down the collective throat of the majority. Its claims are often unsubstantiated and frankly boring and dull for humanity. I think Musk is highlighting a major issue we all suspected was taking place and continues to take place in the Media and Social Media. 

If you look at any pollings on most issues, it is the exact opposite

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

No it doesn't

If there are proper conservative news sources, they are never demonized

The issue is so many conservative news sources are whackjob sites that promote lies

Sites like The National Review( I think the best conservative news site) Wall Street Journal editorial is conservative.

The Hill leans conservative but I'd say is more "balanaced" than Conservative

None of those sites get demonized. Criticized yes, but not demonized

But when you have news stations like OAN, shows like Tucker Carlson that just spew lies, they deserve to be demonized

Name any stations or shows that lean left that compare to OAN and Carlson that spew outright lies like they do??

PS.....I don't watch or read anything that leans too much to any side

I think you are reflecting North American media Marc. Im referring to many other Western media sources.
 

I consider the editorial standards in the BBC and Sky News to be equal whack jobs to many of those you mention. The difference is that it’s done in a much more covert and intellectual way. Better simply not to report something than to report it and present an alternative view. Keep promoting issues such as today where animal rights are taking the MOD to court for continued use of real fur on the hats of guardsman. A prominent story while the Twitter article wasn’t mentioned on the main news today. Subtle but it drives the same agenda. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

If you look at any pollings on most issues, it is the exact opposite

I don’t understand your point Marc. What pollings and on what issues? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think you are reflecting North American media Marc. Im referring to many other Western media sources.
 

I consider the editorial standards in the BBC and Sky News to be equal whack jobs to many of those you mention. The difference is that it’s done in a much more covert and intellectual way. Better simply not to report something than to report it and present an alternative view. Keep promoting issues such as today where animal rights are taking the MOD to court for continued use of real fur on the hats of guardsman. A prominent story while the Twitter article wasn’t mentioned on the main news today. Subtle but it drives the same agenda. 

I think they are more "biased" and leaning than these conservative sites that get demonized

 

Takeaway the nonsense prime time shows on Fox(you really can't though, that IS Fox)

But take those away and Fox would "lean right"

 

I don't agree with them but I am fine with a site/station leaning any way if it's reasonable and in a lot of cases, I welcome a reasonable right leaning source because it gives me a decent perspective that I can try and understand against my personal leanings

 

 

For example

I almost never agree with the journalist Andrew C McCarthy but I respect his rational opinions even if I disagree with them

And I seek them out to get a different perspective than mine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I don’t understand your point Marc. What pollings and on what issues? 

Pick any social issue

Abortion

Gay rights

 

The majority is for them, yet the minority are the ones bringing them up and making them "in the news"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Pick any social issue

Abortion

Gay rights

The majority is for them, yet the minority are the ones bringing them up and making them "in the news"

That’s exactly my point Marc. Perhaps you need to reread my posts with a more open mind. You are 100% agreeing with my point. Take Gay rights. The vast majority are in favour of people living a free and open life as they choose. Yet a small minority continue to bang the drum of equality and highlighting things that are long past.there is simply no recognition of the hard work done by generations going back to the 1970’s. To hear the media you would think the U.K. was still castrating gays. It’s insulting and sickening to people who have worked hard to achieve what’s been achieved. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I think they are more "biased" and leaning than these conservative sites that get demonized

My apologies. I also misread your post. I’m not sure but I think we may be agreeing more than either of us can see? 

Edited by Soidog
Error in reading post
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

That’s exactly my point Marc. Perhaps you need to reread my posts with a more open mind. You are 100% agreeing with my point. Take Gay rights. The vast majority are in favour of people living a free and open life as they choose. Yet a small minority continue to bang the drum of equality and highlighting things that are long past.there is simply no recognition of the hard work done by generations going back to the 1970’s. To hear the media you would think the U.K. was still castrating gays. It’s insulting and sickening to people who have worked hard to achieve what’s been achieved. 

This may be a UK vs US thing

 

169 Republicans voted against the same sex marriage bill

 

They had to put that bill forward because an extreme member of the US Supreme Court suggested they would be going after same sex marriage after they went after abortion(which people like yourself were saying it was fearmongering when people worried about abortion protections being gutted)

 

So no, it is very much an issue that needs to be highlighted

Especially because the majority are in favor of these issue and it's the minority trying to go after them( conservative minority I might add)

 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-congress-expected-pass-bill-protecting-same-sex-marriage-2022-12-08/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

That’s exactly my point Marc. Perhaps you need to reread my posts with a more open mind. You are 100% agreeing with my point. Take Gay rights. The vast majority are in favour of people living a free and open life as they choose. Yet a small minority continue to bang the drum of equality and highlighting things that are long past.there is simply no recognition of the hard work done by generations going back to the 1970’s. To hear the media you would think the U.K. was still castrating gays. It’s insulting and sickening to people who have worked hard to achieve what’s been achieved. 

Again

May be a US vs UK thing 

 

But this lunatic has power to go after people's rights 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

This may be a UK vs US thing

169 Republicans voted against the same sex marriage bill

They had to put that bill forward because an extreme member of the US Supreme Court suggested they would be going after same sex marriage after they went after abortion(which people like yourself were saying it was fearmongering when people worried about abortion protections being gutted)

So no, it is very much an issue that needs to be highlighted

Especially because the majority are in favor of these issue and it's the minority trying to go after them( conservative minority I might add)

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-congress-expected-pass-bill-protecting-same-sex-marriage-2022-12-08/

Well in an attempt to bring this back on track and to clarify my position. 
 

My assertion that minority’s are controlling the silent majority agenda is certainly the case in the U.K.  I’ll give you an example of the kind of thing I mean. A friend of mine has a 22 year old daughter who is gay. Her father and mother have no issue with this at all and have supported her from the day she told them over 4 years ago. They happily go on holiday as a family with her girlfriend and she regularly visits and stays in the same room with her girlfriend. They are treated, and rightly so as you would a heterosexual couple.
 

Last summer she went on a gay rights march and asked her mother and father to go along and lend support. They both declined to attend. She then had a massive fall out with them claiming, “It’s not enough to simply say you support gay rights. If you don’t show it by attending such marches then you are essentially saying you don’t support gay rights”. This is the kind of left wing minority mentality that is destroying the U.K.  The minority are DEMANDING that the quiet and accepting majority, who have no issue with gay rights whatsoever, are being told and brow beaten in to showing overt signs of support. It’s utterly crazy what is going on. The media glorify gay marches as though it was some extra special thing. More special and more deserving than heterosexuals. If people want equality then why do they demand special treatment?

Frankly I’m sick of hearing all the things that I’m told people are unconsciously biased against. Gays, transgenders, people of colour, people with disabilities. It’s insulting and annoying and simply brushes aside all of the fantastic work my generation and subsequent generations have done to change all of these issues. 

Is there more to be done? Of course there is. It’s the case with any inequality for minority groups. The same goes for things like sexual harassment of women. These things take time and need to evolve. The feeling now is that everything is demanded today.  I’m afraid the world has never worked like that and it never will. You can’t even enjoy the football World Cup without the U.K. media focusing on rainbow armbands more than the football (I think you incorrectly call it soccer😉).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 6

      Staying Thailand with TR. How long is too long ?

    2. 7

      News Forum - Olympic Games on the brink as 40 nations threaten to pull out

    3. 7

      Thaiger Talk Quiz #140 - Name that Movie 2

  • New Topics

  • Popular Now

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use