News Forum - 25 arrested in Germany suspected of leading a ‘right-wing’ coup

Thaiger

German authorities recently arrested 25 people on suspicion of plotting to overthrow the government. The group is believed to be part of a far-right organization led by 71-year-old Prince Heinrich XIII. The federal prosecutor’s office said the arrests were made in six German states. The arrested suspects range in age from 20 to 50 years old and are suspected of plotting to establish a “nationalist, authoritarian state.” Police also seized several weapons, ammunition, and other materials during their raids. Authorities believe the group was in the early stages of planning a coup. They reportedly had plans to acquire more weapons […]

The story 25 arrested in Germany suspected of leading a ‘right-wing’ coup as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

These extreme right wing groups are becoming paramilitaries. 

They need cracked down on before they convert more to their cause just like in the 1930's.

And this is not an issue restricted to Germany. The UK, EU, US and many other countries have similar groups.

• Confused 1

These groups are menace and can cause real issues in society. However, to suggest that it would lead to a Coup is taking it too far. Germany isn’t Thailand you know. 

• Like 2

Another sad bunch of rebels without a clue. Extremists, left or right, are a menace - just look at some of the far-left organisations that were around in the '70's and 80's, like the Baader-Meinhof Gang (the Red Army Faction) and the Red Brigade. Without the armed forces behind them they are not going anywhere, and whenever I read about "organisations" like this I am always reminded of the BBC sitcom Citizen Smith or Monty Python's Life of Brian.   

• Like 1

I read on Mastodon, that their leader is a prince, who wanted to restore the Second Reich. Well that would be awesome, to any history nerd.

Can we have King Canute's North Sea Empire back? Union of Kalmar?

Remove kebab and bring back Byzantium? Scratch that: I want Rome with all the pagan gods and shit

10 hours ago, Karolyn said:

I read on Mastodon, that their leader is a prince, who wanted to restore the Second Reich. Well that would be awesome, to any history nerd.

Can we have King Canute's North Sea Empire back? Union of Kalmar?

Remove kebab and bring back Byzantium? Scratch that: I want Rome with all the pagan gods and shit

It was the "Third Reich" (Das Dritte Reich) back then, not the second ;-)