News Forum - China mulls downgrading Covid-19 status as protests continue

Thaiger

After increasing protests over China’s zero-Covid policy, the government is reportedly considering downgrading its management of the virus. Currently, the harshest restrictions are in place for Covid-19, as it remains classified as a serious contagious disease. But, as the situation inside the country has allegedly improved, state media outlet Yicai has become the first to report the possible shift in the handling of the virus. According to Reuters, such a downgrade would allow the local governments to be relieved of their duties in implementing lockdowns, freeing up the economy once again. The move to downgrade the Covid situation in China […]

The story China mulls downgrading Covid-19 status as protests continue as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Another American journalist who gauges everything in terms of the stock market. It doesn't fly love, not in China. Also, Yicai group is based in Shanghai and a subsidiary of one of Shanghai Media Groups finest, so not really representative. Must try harder.

It’s so funny to watch all of this going on in China. Can you imagine the conversations taking place within the CCP right now. I think it must be akin to waking up with a terrible hangover and slowly backtracking what happened the night before. 

Not only are the CCP to blame for the Covid-19 global pandemic, they then set about rushing to get out the first ineffective vaccines to prove their superiority. Then they were convinced the mighty CCP and its loyal followers would overcome a tiny virus. Then they realised not all of their loyal followers are that loyal. All of this has now come crashing down on them and a deserved massive loss of face to all of them. 

Their propaganda machine will be running in top gear looking for ways to spin this. But there is no hiding from the plain and simple truth. They messed up with the initial lies about Covid-19. They then thought propaganda could beat scientific facts. It’s absolutely hilarious watching them squirm 😂😂

Wouldn’t it be great to look Xi in the eye, point your finger at his fat face and say, what a fool you look to the world. 

• Like 3
  • Cool 2

The wisdom of lifting zero covid before raising vaccination levels aside (keeping in mind the lack of natural immunity). I think the CCP just let the Genie out of the bottle. The masses now know if they demonstrate and hold to their demands, they can control the actions of the government. What will they want next? Never mind the CCP just spent the last two plus years telling the world the greatness of Chinas zero covid and now they have egg on their face. What else have they been lying about to the people? I mean besides everything of course. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Hmm....the difference between the masses controlling the Government and the Government controlling the masses. Which would you prefer?

Well in your believed China it’s the latter. So you tell me which you prefer. I prefer the masses controlling the government. Remember that system from back home? You know, the place and system of government you seem to decry so much. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Soidog said:

Wouldn’t it be great to look Xi in the eye, point your finger at his fat face and say, what a fool you look to the world. 

Can't wait for something like that to happen. To think that the massive tentacles of the CCP are being lopped (slightly) by protests that have become common outside the control of their draconian censorship is very funny.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Soidog said:

It’s so funny to watch all of this going on in China. Can you imagine the conversations taking place within the CCP right now. I think it must be akin to waking up with a terrible hangover and slowly backtracking what happened the night before. 

Not only are the CCP to blame for the Covid-19 global pandemic, they then set about rushing to get out the first ineffective vaccines to prove their superiority. Then they were convinced the mighty CCP and its loyal followers would overcome a tiny virus. Then they realised not all of their loyal followers are that loyal. All of this has now come crashing down on them and a deserved massive loss of face to all of them. 

Their propaganda machine will be running in top gear looking for ways to spin this. But there is no hiding from the plain and simple truth. They messed up with the initial lies about Covid-19. They then thought propaganda could beat scientific facts. It’s absolutely hilarious watching them squirm 😂😂

Nice post!

• Thanks 1

If China lifts Covid restrictions/controls, we will see a return of Chinese tourists and they will come with new covid virus variants. They will be more aggressive and obnoxious than before because they will have forgotten their basic manners when visiting other countries.  Worse will be attempt of western airlines to resume use of PRC as Asian hubs for cost cutting . I hated transiting  PRC.  No, please keep zero covid regulations. And please discourage western visitors.

• Haha 1

More nationwide restrictions abandoned today, not that I really noticed them when they were in place. Thailand talking to CACC about scheduled flights resumption. Everything in the garden is rosy.

59 minutes ago, Poolie said:

More nationwide restrictions abandoned today, not that I really noticed them when they were in place. Thailand talking to CACC about scheduled flights resumption. Everything in the garden is rosy.

Great. So the CCP have finally caved in to the obvious (only took them an extra 12 months) and now things are opening up. Where the West goes, China eventually follows.

I guess not allowing people to visit Western developed countries for nearly three years means the CCP’s stash of stolen Intellectual Property is diminishing. Time to get on the road and start stealing again. 

• Like 1