News Forum - Electioneering: Thaksin’s daughter vows to end poverty in Thailand

Thaiger

Tis the season to be… electioneering in Thailand, it seems. Only yesterday Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha announced plans to stay on as Thailand’s PM for another two years before grooming a successor. Today, the youngest daughter of the Shinawatra clan, Paetongtarn, declared a vote for her Pheu Thai would eradicate poverty in Thailand. The daughter of former Thai PM, Thaksin Shinawatra, was rather bullish at a Pheu Thai party general assembly meeting in Bangkok yesterday, reported Morning Star. The 36 year old promised a new era of social equality and an end to poverty in the kingdom if the people […]

The story Electioneering: Thaksin’s daughter vows to end poverty in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

32 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

her government was ousted in the coup that brought Prayut to the thrown.

He should have been thrown from his throne long ago. 

• Haha 1

The aims are laudable. Who wouldn’t vote for more salary? Who wouldn’t vote for a fairer society? The problem isn’t the objectives, It’s how solid and attainable the underlying plans are. I don’t see any at the moment. Just aspirations and nice words. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The only way out of this stagnation for Thailand is revolution. There simply isn’t anyone with the morals, money and power to change anything for the good of the nation.  

• Like 1

Vote buying 101. Offer the masses a little more money, just enough to get their vote. Never mind the resulting inflation, lost jobs and lost purchasing power. I have nothing against raising the minimum wage, go for it. However the poverty line isn’t static, it moves with the overall standard of living. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Vote buying 101

It's worked for the Shins before .... 🙄  and Outaluck almost emptied Govt coffers in the process.

• Like 1