News Forum - VIDEO: Policeman fined 500 baht for blocking ambulance in northeast Thailand

Thaiger

Thai netizens are outraged by a video circulating on social media of a pickup truck blocking the way of an ambulance carrying a patient in critical condition to a hospital in Nakhon Ratchasima province in northeast Thailand. An investigation revealed that the pickup driver is actually a Police Captain at Dan Khun Thot Police Station. Officers at Pak Chong Police Station fined him 500 baht for violating the Road Traffic Act (1979). Ambulance driver Worawut Naebchid, a volunteer from the Sawangwitcha Dhammasathan Foundation, relayed what happened… On Sunday morning, Worawut said he was informed by the rescue centre that a […]

The story VIDEO: Policeman fined 500 baht for blocking ambulance in northeast Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Hi Viggen840. Why the Angry? The Captain acted exactly like that.

Blocking an ambulance with the driver on PA requesting he move? I would have taken the jack handle (or other handy implement) and smashed his head in for the arrogance then moved his car for him.

5 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

Blocking an ambulance with the driver on PA requesting he move? I would have taken the jack handle (or other handy implement) and smashed his head in for the arrogance then moved his car for him.

OK. So the Angry was directed the other way towards the Captain's actions. So often these jerks feel they are entitled. I agree with you. Just in the last 3 weeks up here in CM I have moved out of the way twice for ambulances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

OK. So the Angry was directed the other way towards the Captain's actions. So often these jerks feel they are entitled. I agree with you. Just in the last 3 weeks up here in CM I have moved out of the way twice for ambulances.

But at the same time, down here in P'Lok, they love to drive around with their christmas tree lit up all the time. I am almost blase about that but pay attention if their siren is active. One would expect a police officer to understand that the siren is really only used for an emergency and I don't think 500 baht is sending the right message to get out of the way of emergency vehicles.

• Like 1

If you are looking to the police to set a good example of how behave on the roads then you can wait until hell freezes over. The level of arrogance by many Thai police is palpable. 

• Like 3

On 12/6/2022 at 11:27 AM, Thaiger said:

Thai netizens are outraged by a video circulating on social media of a pickup truck blocking the way of an ambulance carrying a patient in critical condition to a hospital in Nakhon Ratchasima province in northeast Thailand. An investigation revealed that the pickup driver is actually a Police Captain at Dan Khun Thot Police Station. Officers at Pak Chong Police Station fined him 500 baht for violating the Road Traffic Act (1979). Ambulance driver Worawut Naebchid, a volunteer from the Sawangwitcha Dhammasathan Foundation, relayed what happened… On Sunday morning, Worawut said he was informed by the rescue centre that a […]

The story VIDEO: Policeman fined 500 baht for blocking ambulance in northeast Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Big Ego

• Like 1