News Forum - Air Canada’s Vancouver-Bangkok flight touches down Thailand

Thaiger

Air Canada’s Vancouver-Bangkok flight touched down the kingdom of Thailand early this morning and, for the first time in 10 years, there is a nonstop flight between North America and Thailand. On December 1 at 11 p.m. local time, the Air Canada Boeing 787 Dreamliner AC65 took off from Vancouver International Airport to begin its 15-hour and 55-minute journey to Bangkok. A celebration at Vancouver International Airport (YVR) yesterday marked the inaugural Flight AC65. The flight from Vancouver to Bangkok, will operate on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Flight AC66 will depart the Thai capital at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, […]

The story Air Canada’s Vancouver-Bangkok flight touches down Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

4 hours ago, Vigo said:

The real news is that the flight departed on time. Air Canada has one of the  worst OTPs in North America.

As I’ve said in another post @Vigo  All airlines are basically crap. As the travelling public have rarely experienced proper airline service, unless travelling 1st Class, then people think this is normal and hence acceptable. It’s not until some maverick comes along and does something different that people will see just how crap it is.

Even doing a simple trip from say London to Berlin (flight time of 1 hour 45 mins) results in a total journey time 6 to 8 hours. A full day to travel 680 miles. And that assumes you live reasonably close to an international airport. There has to be a better way. 

I just returned from a trip to Thailand and then another to Costa Rica, all on Air Canada, and only ONE of TEN of those flights departed on-time. The flight from Toronto to Tokyo had a 2-hour delay and caused us to miss our connecting flight, which resulted in a total disaster at Narita with ANA employees telling us we'll have to wait at the gate for 18 hours (which of course I insisted we would not do and eventually were allowed to take a rapid COVID test and stay at a nearby hotel).

Air Canada is trash. Fortunately several of the flights we took were operated by Thai Airways instead of Air Canada, and at least the food was good and service was polite and professional...but were still delayed.

Edited by ThaiFoodGuy
Bad math

I've had huge luck with Air Canada the last couple of years and I fly them a lot!

I took them to Asia for the 1st time this year and although I missed the elegant service that the Asian airlines provide it was more than fine

A huge positive with Air Canada is they allow you to cancel flights and get a full credit 

A lot of airlines are doing that these days but Air Canada seems to be the most lenient of them 

PS.....The direct flight going there only reduces the total flight time around 1 1/2-2 hours 

But coming back to Vancouver your flight time is only 13.5 hours which is amazing 

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

only 13.5 hours which is amazing 

Really? Amazing?

What is it Henry Ford said? If you asked the public what they wanted, they would have said faster horses! We need to demand more from the aviation industry. It’s stuck in the 1950’s and yet people are still amazed by it. Im not, I think it’s utter crap.