News Forum - Indian pervs arrested after harassing tourist in Mumbai

Thaiger

Two men have been arrested in Mumbai after the attempted abduction of a South Korean tourist while she was livestreaming.  On Tuesday night Hyojeong Park, known as Mhyochi on social media, was livestreaming as she walked through the city. The video shows a man forcibly putting his arm around Park and kissing her on the cheek. Park, who has more than 12,000 followers on livestreaming service Twitch, usually posts videos of herself playing video games and trying food. She has been in India for a few weeks and has been documenting her experiences through live vlogs. On Tuesday, she was […]

The story Indian pervs arrested after harassing tourist in Mumbai as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

These Indian guys are dogs. But to be fair they prey on everyone who is a tourist that they think can get something from. This gal is lucky as she surely would have been raped.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

These Indian guys are dogs. But to be fair they prey on everyone who is a tourist that they think can get something from. This gal is lucky as she surely would have been raped.

I didn't have any issues at all in India as a tourist...........it was quite pleasant, actually

2 hours ago, Huckster said:

Must be nice if your just a random Indian, and you see your photo above this article 😂 

I am a betting man

I would place a bet those two have done some harassing 555

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyStrike said:

An Indian guy watching the stream came to her aid at the end.

Video of event here

I don't know, I feel this is pretty light assault. Maybe I have a misconception of the word.

I get that its unpleasant that he kissed her on the cheek, and was sticky after that, but she invited that behaviour with the way she interacted with him in the beginning. "I love you too". Be smarter.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I didn't have any issues at all in India as a tourist...........it was quite pleasant, actually

Yeah... typically young white men are not raped or abused by Indians...

4 hours ago, Wackamole said:

I get that its unpleasant that he kissed her on the cheek, and was sticky after that, but she invited that behaviour with the way she interacted with him in the beginning. "I love you too". Be smarter.

Really!???  You are part of the problem

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skip said:

Really!???  You are part of the problem

I'm not saying wow what a great guy. I'm saying keep walking don't say I love you too/move closer to a total stranger when you're alone in foreign land, and don't act like you're in some kind of night club party if you are going to call a kiss on the cheek assault. And I don't wish any harm on her and feel sorry she had to learn this that way. Wish she'd known.

Does that sound reasonable to you or not?

• Like 2

I got the impression that she felt that by live streaming she could be more flamboyant and open in her dealings with other people, almost as if her many “followers” were there with her. This gave her a false sense of security in my view. She was essentially alone. I also don’t buy that the guy who came to her rescue was watching her live stream. I think he simply saw her alone filming and being harassed. A hero? Or an opportunist? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wackamole said:

I'm not saying wow what a great guy. I'm saying keep walking don't say I love you too/move closer to a total stranger when you're alone in foreign land, and don't act like you're in some kind of night club party if you are going to call a kiss on the cheek assault. And I don't wish any harm on her and feel sorry she had to learn this that way. Wish she'd known.

Does that sound reasonable to you or not?

No, none of that sounds reasonable at all, to be honest

I said the same on another thread about the Pattaya MB incident , you have no idea and can never have any idea of a women's situation and what they feel they need to do to get out of a situation, so no, anything you say isn't reasonable

Her saying "I love you too" was as innocuous as saying hello, and she felt reciprocating a greeting was probably the best way to get out of what started to look like could be an uncomfortable situation

And yes, grabbing a strange women by the arm is assault, I know likely wasn't to white guy born before 1970, but it is

18 hours ago, Wackamole said:

I don't know, I feel this is pretty light assault. Maybe I have a misconception of the word.

I get that its unpleasant that he kissed her on the cheek, and was sticky after that, but she invited that behaviour with the way she interacted with him in the beginning. "I love you too". Be smarter.

I agree. That's why it's good to watch the original video. They were trying to get her on the motorbike and then followed her around. Creepy and uncomfortable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

No, none of that sounds reasonable at all, to be honest

I said the same on another thread about the Pattaya MB incident , you have no idea and can never have any idea of a women's situation and what they feel they need to do to get out of a situation, so no, anything you say isn't reasonable

Her saying "I love you too" was as innocuous as saying hello, and she felt reciprocating a greeting was probably the best way to get out of what started to look like could be an uncomfortable situation

And yes, grabbing a strange women by the arm is assault, I know likely wasn't to white guy born before 1970, but it is

I agree with you wholeheartedly in the Pattaya taxi case. and with a great number of your posts actually

I'm just saying in this case here, if you look at it realistically, she overplayed her hand and needs to be more careful in the future. And I know her saying "I love you too" was inocuous but it cost her there. You don't go alone down streets you don't know in foreign developing countries like you're having the time of your life at your friends backyard party, do you? It's still a jungle out there.

In my humble opinion if you hope to make mentalities of "white guys born before 1970" change for the better, you need to make a point of always acknowledging reality, which they are very bad at, but the moment they spot you denying the obvious, it's over.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marc26 said:

So what are we going to do about it? It’s how things are in India. You may call it Indianess. The West thinks that these people will change but they never will. It’s not the Indians that need to change, it’s the people who visit India that need to realise you can’t behave like you do in New York or Seoul or London. That’s not how the world works I’m afraid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wackamole said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly in the Pattaya taxi case. and with a great number of your posts actually

I'm just saying in this case here, if you look at it realistically, she overplayed her hand and needs to be more careful in the future. And I know her saying "I love you too" was inocuous but it cost her there. You don't go alone down streets you don't know in foreign developing countries like you're having the time of your life at your friends backyard party, do you? It's still a jungle out there.

In my humble opinion if you hope to make mentalities of "white guys born before 1970" change for the better, you need to make a point of always acknowledging reality, which they are very bad at, but the moment they spot you denying the obvious, it's over.

And yes I agree with you as well

And Soi Dog said something too that made sense

She should have been more aware of where she was and her surroundings 

I mean of this video never happened if probably tell her that it isn't a good idea for a young girl to attract that kind of attention in India when she's by herself 

So I guess I basically agree with pretty much what you were saying

Just not with the "I love you too" opinion 

As I said above, we've never been faced with that situation and never will be 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 5:57 PM, HolyCowCm said:

Decades ago i was on a train in India. There was a ferang girl in the same compartment as me. An Indian guy came in and sat next to the girl, trying it on.
Indian: In your country you believe in free sex.
Girl: Yes.
Indian: Can I have sex with you for free?
She politely told him to p155 off.

56 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Decades ago i was on a train in India. There was a ferang girl in the same compartment as me. An Indian guy came in and sat next to the girl, trying it on.
Indian: In your country you believe in free sex.
Girl: Yes.
Indian: Can I have sex with you for free?
She politely told him to p155 off.

Yeah, and even if he did try to offer her some tidbit of Rupee, it would have been the same as free anyway. 😝

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skip said:

NO!  There is never an acceptable excuse for assault of any kind

yawn?

I never excused the guy, I'm saying hello not every random guy in unknown places is gonna be so recommendable that behaving like she did is going to be a great idea. And she somehow got to realize that with more of a scare than any actual harm.

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

So what are we going to do about it? It’s how things are in India. You may call it Indianess. The West thinks that these people will change but they never will. It’s not the Indians that need to change, it’s the people who visit India that need to realise you can’t behave like you do in New York or Seoul or London. That’s not how the world works I’m afraid. 

Yes I agree with that and said as much to Wackamole 

They are still 100% at fault 

But maybe she will be a bit more smart next time

Or this got her so much attention she will keep putting herself in harms way

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Stopped working and travelling in shithole countries 20 years ago. Unsafe and no Joy. 😩

I can’t agree with you there I’m afraid. India is one of the most amazing countries I have ever visited. Easier for a couple or a man travelling alone.. I certainly wouldn’t suggest a single female to travel in India alone. Mind you, there are few, if any places that are safe for single females to travel. 

20 hours ago, Wackamole said:

yawn?

I never excused the guy, I'm saying hello not every random guy in unknown places is gonna be so recommendable that behaving like she did is going to be a great idea. And she somehow got to realize that with more of a scare than any actual harm.

So it is her fault... and it was just a scare with no harm done... you ARE part of the problem