News Forum - Cabinet seems to have ignored 4am nightlife proposal

Thaiger

It seems that the push for 4am closing times for nightlife venues is meeting stiff opposition. But entertainment venues aren’t giving up, offering new arguments and proposing plans to solve the points of contention. Meanwhile, the briefing released after a Cabinet meeting yesterday that was expected to discuss the curfew extension did not make any mention of the 4am proposal. The Tourism Authority of Thailand has been pushing the proposal, with the support of many politicians including the Minister of Tourism and Sports Pipat Ratchakitprakarn. They say that their studies talking to nightlife business owners found that most say their […]

The story Cabinet seems to have ignored 4am nightlife proposal as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I don’t think they’ve ignored it, I just think it’s too difficult for them to process the nonsense being presented to them. Figures are being supplied without any proof and hence just opinions. How can they forecast a 30% increase in revenue for an activity that doesn’t take place? Where’s the survey date that supports this?  How can they say many foreigners don’t start their nights out until 10-11pm? In most Western countries 11pm is regarded as a late start to the evening. Again, where’s the data to support that claim? And as for the drunk driving claim 😂😂.

Totally clueless buffoons trying to advise another group of buffoons. Leave it as it is and move on. I’ll drink in a bar until 2am and then go to a bar owned by a member of the RTP and drink until whatever time I want. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Soidog said:

How can they say many foreigners don’t start their nights out until 10-11pm? In most Western countries 11pm is regarded as a late start to the evening. Again, where’s the data to support that claim?

I wouldn't disagree with that highly

In any place in North America where closing is 4am, people don't go out until 11pm usually

I live in downtown Vancouver and there is a lot of young people in my building, even with 2am closing, many don't head out until 11pm

And in Thailand, go to any bar area(Bangla, Soi Cowboy, Nana) and compare the crowds at 9pm and 11pm, it's pretty quiet up until 10-11pm

PS.....70yr old expats in Pattaya who go out at 5pm are excluded from this survery 5555

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I wouldn't disagree with that highly

In any place in North America where closing is 4am, people don't go out until 11pm usually

I live in downtown Vancouver and there is a lot of young people in my building, even with 2am closing, many don't head out until 11pm

And in Thailand, go to any bar area(Bangla, Soi Cowboy, Nana) and compare the crowds at 9pm and 11pm, it's pretty quiet up until 10-11pm

PS.....70yr old expats in Pattaya who go out at 5pm are excluded from this survery 5555

But that’s because bars open until 4am. All the proposal does is shift the same volume. If visitors to Thailand want a 6 hour night out then go out at 8pm. If you want one in Vancouver then go out at 10pm. It doesn’t generate more money, it just time shifts it’s collection. All a load of fuss over nothing in my view. There are only 24 hours in a day so spend it how you want. The way people are reacting you’d think the bars closed at 8pm.