News Forum - Pattaya motorcycle taxi rider arrested for sexually harassing Thai singer

Thaiger

A motorcycle taxi rider in Pattaya was arrested today after he allegedly sexually harassed his passenger, a Thai singer named Yanawut “Pearja” Jarearnartiput. The taxi rider denied the allegation claiming he touched the woman in an attempt to keep her from falling off his motorcycle. Last Saturday, November 26, 31 year old singer Pearja posted videos of the incident on her Facebook account, revealing to netizens that she was sexually harassed while taking a motorcycle taxi in Pattaya. Pearja said she had a show at a bar on Pattaya Walking Street and decided to hop on a motorcycle taxi because […]

The story Pattaya motorcycle taxi rider arrested for sexually harassing Thai singer as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It seems like she is more interested in taking the videos than getting him to stop. She could've asked him to stop a lot sooner, and could've gotten off and take another taxi - but instead she chose to film it and complain - not sure if drama queen or looking for publicity, but probably both.

Don't get me wrong - the guy is a creep and it was not ok to put his hand on her leg - but it looks less like sexual harassment and more like a driver who should be taken off the streets because he's high. Gotta wonder what percentage of other drivers are high too - quite high I'm sure.

15 hours ago, Pinga said:

It seems like she is more interested in taking the videos than getting him to stop. She could've asked him to stop a lot sooner, and could've gotten off and take another taxi - but instead she chose to film it and complain - not sure if drama queen or looking for publicity, but probably both.

Don't get me wrong - the guy is a creep and it was not ok to put his hand on her leg - but it looks less like sexual harassment and more like a driver who should be taken off the streets because he's high. Gotta wonder what percentage of other drivers are high too - quite high I'm sure.

I get what you're saying but what she did is actually take him off the streets. Had she just hopped off like most would and probably have before her, he'd be in front of Mike Shopping Mall right now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pinga said:

You don't and can't have the slightest idea how a women feels and is thinking in that situation 

Most likely she could have been fearful of confronting him directly so thought filming it was best course of action 

• Like 1

May be the motorcycle taxi driver was as taxi driver who drive manual vehicle and used to keep his left hand on the gear knob. Old habits die hard.....🤣