News Forum - Pattaya hotel thieves snatch valuables from Thai and Dutch tourists

Thaiger

Two Pattaya thieves snatched valuables from Thai and Dutch tourists at a hotel early yesterday morning. The incident took place at an unnamed hotel on Soi Pattaya-Naklua 20 in Bang Lamung. The Dutch victim, 37 year old Christian Fuchs, said he placed 4,000 baht in cash on the table in his hotel room before he went to take a shower. Fuchs said he came out of the shower to find that his cash had vanished, and there were signs that someone had entered his room. Fuchs said he then saw the suspects turning around a corner outside, so he chased […]

The story Pattaya hotel thieves snatch valuables from Thai and Dutch tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I always inspect my room 100% for ways to get in, but the higher quality hotel is less to worry about, but still do not be fooled. I look at locks, door jam space in which they can easily slip something in and open the door, windows- you name it. Even in Bangkok at an ok priced medium type hotel a few weeks ago, looking at the next balcony over and how easy it was to slip over to mine, I went and bought some thick two way tape and taped the balcony door tightly shut not able to be opened. Do that for windows as well. Too many years here and at different places, and yes have had some try to break in while in my room before while up and while sleeping. Never let your guard down as even on the outside some of these places are  the monkey thieves. Had one do that as well and caught him peering my window 20 odd years ago. Live and learn.