News Forum - Phuket’s 5 best golf courses

Thaiger

Phuket in southwest Thailand, surrounded by the Andaman Sea, is home to stunning mountains, beaches, and golf courses. Phuket is one of the best golfing destinations in the world and attracts thousands of swingers every year, and almost as many golfers. One of the more prestigious courses, Blue Canyon offers two 18-hole championship courses. With views of the Andaman Sea and Phang Nga Mountains, you can the 1991 Canyon course or the equally stunning 1999  Lakes course. The Lakes was designed with a mixture of water-filled canyons and greens much wider than the Canyon course while providing a beautiful setting […]

The story Phuket’s 5 best golf courses as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I wonder how they found those green fees.

I stopped playing golf in Phuket 4 years ago as it was cheaper in Europe. 
Red Mountain green fee was 6000 Baht, Loch Palm 3500 Baht. Of course those are the “farang” prices

27 minutes ago, Alavan said:

I wonder how they found those green fees.

I stopped playing golf in Phuket 4 years ago as it was cheaper in Europe. 
Red Mountain green fee was 6000 Baht, Loch Palm 3500 Baht. Of course those are the “farang” prices

I think the fees are still quite high for Thai as well, and upper scale ones, or they call them clubs always try to gouge the c r a p out of everyone. Chiang Mai has some of the same high rates and I won't touch them. I think 1000 baht is enough, but then you must have a caddy, tip the caddy, and in some instances they push you to get a cart. Love golf as just back inot it again and teaching my kids, but not going to pay out the noise those exorbitant prices no matter how nice the course is.

On 11/28/2022 at 1:17 PM, HolyCowCm said:

I think the fees are still quite high for Thai as well, and upper scale ones, or they call them clubs always try to gouge the c r a p out of everyone. Chiang Mai has some of the same high rates and I won't touch them. I think 1000 baht is enough, but then you must have a caddy, tip the caddy, and in some instances they push you to get a cart. Love golf as just back inot it again and teaching my kids, but not going to pay out the noise those exorbitant prices no matter how nice the course is.

The prices I quoted were golffees, without caddyfee, caddytip, eventual golfcart…

Yes, and some places force the carts but you always have to have a caddy. In the US you golf having no caddy and I actually like that as I really don't want to pay for the extra baggage. I already know how to golf and walk to hole to hole and keep my own score.