News Forum - China’s Covid numbers hit record high

Thaiger

The number of Covid-19 cases in China has hit a record high, major news outlets reported today. Yesterday, the country recorded 31,527 cases. Beijing recorded its fourth Covid-related death since last weekend.  China’s previous Covid-19 peak had been around 28,000 cases, when Shanghai was locked down.  Virus cases are being recorded in 31 provinces. Officials have tried to avoid another lockdown like that in Shianghai, but with the recent Covid-19 surge, China’s central city of Zhengzhou plans to enforce a lockdown for 6 million residents from Friday, according to officials.  Beijing officials have implemented some restrictions in several districts, closing […]

The story China’s Covid numbers hit record high as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

When will it dawn in the Chinese tyrants that Covid is here to stay. No point in locking down anywhere now. Get vaccinated and get on with it. This is no more dangerous than certain strains of flu now. 

Over the coming months we will see China slowly and quietly move away from the Zero Covid policy. They will never admit this of course for fear of losing face. But that is 100% what they will do, just as Thailand had to do. 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Poolie said:

90% asymmetric, but don't let the chance for  dig pass you by, Thaiger. 😑

Where you getting that 90% asymmetric figure from?

• Haha 1

The worry is that the only vax a lot in China have had is Chinese Sinovac etc.

A lot of other countries where it is subsiding, and reactions are minor, usually seem to have gone through the 2 shot and booster.

Numbers in China will probably hit 100,000 plus next week, (realistically 500,000+ as by now the Chinese populace realize the ramifications if they report the illness), and a major worry is the variants they may produce because of the poor vax rates and quality of the vax.

ZJP will be wary if China and its vax policy (or lack of) results in a variant that can be officially traced to China, the world is aware and watching closely now, more so if it proves to be deadly and difficult to stop.

It may well prove to ZJP's Achilles heel.

Wuhan, I think he covered up and destroyed the trail before origin could be proven.

Maybe Karma will be the balance. Ying and Yang.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, palooka said:

and a major worry is the variants they may produce because of the poor vax rates and quality of the vax.

Amazingly, there are still people out there believing this...

55 minutes ago, Manu said:

Amazingly, there are still people out there believing this...

...and even more amazingly there are still people who don't.

Viva la vaccination............................I still haven't contracted TB.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

...and even more amazingly there are still people who don't.

Viva la vaccination............................I still haven't contracted TB.

So you believe then that "the major worry is the variants they may produce because of the poor vax rates and quality of the vax."?? Based on what exactly?

As for the "poor vax rates", we all know that the so-called by some the "quality vaccines" do not prevent transmission at all. Unvaccinated or not, you can catch it and transmit it. So how on earth can these "quality vaccines" have any positive impact on variants? Not more, not less than the Chinese vaccines, simply no impact whatsoever.

As for the "quality vaccines"...

It happens that scientists and doctors around the globe have a different opinion on those "quality vaccines", not really beneficial for everyone for once, like in Florida for example: https://www.floridahealth.gov/newsroom/2022/10/20220512-guidance-mrna-covid19-vaccine.pr.html

Being vaccinated with pratically all possible ones, I also wish that the covid ones were good ones for everyone. Considering now this disease is currently not severe for the vast majority of us (I got it twice), I do not see the point of these vaccines for this same vast majority.

And then, no, unlike you, I do not believe that "the major worry is the variants they may produce because of the poor vax rates and quality of the vax.", which was my original post. Let's just agree to disagree.

19 hours ago, Soidog said:

But that is 100% what they will do, just as Thailand had to do. 

Two problems with that. First Thailand didn't spend two years telling the world its method was better than that used by the west. They didn’t politicize zero covid. Second Thailand had no problem importing Western vaccines. 

I too think China has to change their policy as it’s beginning to really cripple the economy. However, they are staying the course and making sure everyone knows it too. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Two problems with that. First Thailand didn't spend two years telling the world its method was better than that used by the west. They didn’t politicize zero covid. Second Thailand had no problem importing Western vaccines. 

I too think China has to change their policy as it’s beginning to really cripple the economy. However, they are staying the course and making sure everyone knows it too. 

Yes I agree with what you say about Thailand, although I never claimed they did try to politicise it, that’s simply not the Thai way. However, they took the lead from China and the leadership believed it was the right way forward. Even now, they maintain the falsehood that people should continue to wear face masks as a final middle finger to other countries who do not. On Thai social media the mood was definitely one that Thailand had it right to maintain a zero Covid policy and criticise others who did not. Many newspaper articles extolled the Thai way and held Thailands speak h to Covid as a model the world could learn much from. Even on this forum, people still won’t acknowledge or accept that implementing a zero Covid policy in countries like China and Thailand is far far easier than it is in liberal democracies in the West. They still see it as a political failure or a lack of leadership. In my view, no single country got the response to Covid perfect and it is impossible to take the approach of one country and ask why was this not done elsewhere. Decisions were made at the time, without hindsight, on what would be possible within the boundaries of acceptance in a particular country. 

• Like 3

Well, the longer XI and his CCP goons keep it locked down then the longer CM is safe from being over-run from their masses again. I kind of  feel sorry for the people at how CCP conrolled and monitored they are, but Ireally enjoy a less crowded and chaotic CM.

In the apst week my Thai friend's dughter and my wife's sister and husband in Bangkok all got covid. So it is out there everywhere. Just luck of the draw if you get it. I reallly don't want it ia third time.

• Like 3

On 11/24/2022 at 5:31 PM, Poolie said:

90% asymmetric, but don't let the chance for  dig pass you by, Thaiger. 😑

Well it is no wonder China is worried about covid and its potential.

After all China invented it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Well it is no wonder China is worried about covid and its potential.

After all China invented it.

"Doctor" John Campell - Nurse, PhD is in nursing education. Crank. Actually I do think that the lab leak theory is very plausible, but at the end of day just a theory as there is no way of proving it - all the stable doors were firmly bolted a long time ago, and any dissenting horses have been re-educated (or sent to the knackers yard if they showed signs of continuing  dissent from the official CCP line)

• Haha 1