News Forum - Hua Hin has a huge new beer bar complex

Thaiger

There’s been an exciting development in Hua Hin’s nightlife- a huge new beer bar complex. The new Nice 94 complex is located on Soi 94, behind Wonderland and Rock Zone. It has about 40 bars. Across the street from Nice 94, another smaller beer bar complex is also being built.  This news comes as Soi 94 has been developing more and more as a nightlife hotspot. Bar owners have relocated from Soi Bintabaht to Soi 94 due to Soi 94’s more affordable rental costs, Hua Hin Today reported. While Soi Bintabaht was once the place to be late at night, […]

The story Hua Hin has a huge new beer bar complex as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good to see that trust in increasing visitor numbers to Hua Hin is happening and also that the largely run down cramped desperate Soi Bintabaht is maybe getting the kick up the rear it needs to upgrade or go under.

• Like 1

So is this an attempt to get Hua Hin the same reputation as Pattaya? The same reputation the government claims to be trying to clean up?  It’s so good to see consistent social policies being implemented in line with a 10 year master plan. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Soidog said:

So is this an attempt to get Hua Hin the same reputation as Pattaya? The same reputation the government claims to be trying to clean up?  It’s so good to see consistent social policies being implemented in line with a 10 year master plan. 

The plans never make any sense Soidog. I remember a woman who was ostensibly in charge of Thai tourism saying she wanted to turn Pattaya into a family resort.

Was never going to work.

• Like 3

There are already a lot of bars and restaurants around 94, so it's a good area to add more to. 

West of the railway line so away from the tourist traps. More of a locals or regular visitors spot. 

HH keeps its reputation intact.. 😊😊

6 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Good to see that trust in increasing visitor numbers to Hua Hin is happening and also that the largely run down cramped desperate Soi Bintabaht is maybe getting the kick up the rear it needs to upgrade or go under.

I always thought Bintabaht was the best set up of any bar scene in Thailand 

Good walkable area

Bigger bars that were nice and open 

I really enjoyed it back in the day

4 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Good walkable area

Bintabaht is the tourist zone, and Soi 80 was more for locals. Pros and cons to both areas. 

Soi 94 has developed more and more west from the railway line to Soi Bon Gai. The Nice will only add to the area. 

Good options for hotels round there, walking distance to Market Village. Only going to get busier. 

11 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Bintabaht is the tourist zone, and Soi 80 was more for locals. Pros and cons to both areas. 

Soi 94 has developed more and more west from the railway line to Soi Bon Gai. The Nice will only add to the area. 

Good options for hotels round there, walking distance to Market Village. Only going to get busier. 

I just liked the maze like pattern of Bintabaht 

Plus I was always with wife and family so was never looking for company 

Which Bintabaht wasn't the best looking bunch 

Also had that nice proper Irish pub which I enjoyed

We are heading back to HH in January for the 1st time in about 6 years 

10 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I just liked the maze like pattern of Bintabaht 

Plus I was always with wife and family so was never looking for company 

Which Bintabaht wasn't the best looking bunch 

Also had that nice proper Irish pub which I enjoyed

We are heading back to HH in January for the 1st time in about 6 years 

If you mean FatherTed's Irish Pub yeah, it's very nice. 

Check out EAST Rooftop next trip. I think it opens after 5pm, great for a sundowner. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 6:54 PM, Soidog said:

No.  Soi 94 expansion is cleaner and more appropriate. It is after all on the other side of the tracks. The loss of the E San restaurant (replaced by wonderland)  is no big loss as quality of food and service had slipped. Tis section of town  already had bars. Too many of the questionable sort too. Without the redevelopment, the area would have become a dead seedy side. Keep in mind that the elevated railway  dominates the landscape here and it isn't fit for quality residential development. Retail would have been wedged between Market Village and  Blu  Port,. More importantly is that the streets are wider and the area is on main thoroughfares unlike congested Bintabaht.  Bintabaht had dying prior to  Covid so this is good news.

10 minutes ago, Vigo said:

No.  Soi 94 expansion is cleaner and more appropriate. It is after all on the other side of the tracks. The loss of the E San restaurant (replaced by wonderland)  is no big loss as quality of food and service had slipped. Tis section of town  already had bars. Too many of the questionable sort too. Without the redevelopment, the area would have become a dead seedy side. Keep in mind that the elevated railway  dominates the landscape here and it isn't fit for quality residential development. Retail would have been wedged between Market Village and  Blu  Port,. More importantly is that the streets are wider and the area is on main thoroughfares unlike congested Bintabaht.  Bintabaht had dying prior to  Covid so this is good news.

Ok, well you obviously know the area well. I just wonder why more beer bars means better quality of reputation?  Are there not enough bars and restaurants serving beer already in Hua Hin? 

On 11/24/2022 at 4:01 PM, Marc26 said:

Good walkable area

I too remember Bintabaht with fondness "back in the day". Sadly years of no investment has left it now looking very tired and desperate.

Think you may find the old bars etc closer to the water etc have attracted big business interest for real estate reasons, and there will be a subtle push out of businesses left in those areas. 10+ story hotels have great views from there, walk to the beach etc.

Newbies have a long think before leasing that bar in Bintabaht area. That 10-year lease may be toilet paper before you know it.

6 hours ago, ChrisS said:

I too remember Bintabaht with fondness "back in the day". Sadly years of no investment has left it now looking very tired and desperate.

Actually that area of Hua Hin surrounding the Hilton is(or was) one of the best walkable Thai tourist towns, IMO

I actually find HH to be quite congested around the big main road

One of the reasons we decided not to settle in Hua Hin despite my wife being born very close to there

Just way too much traffic

But that area around the Hilton is great 

The  entertainment around the Hilton is prime real estate because of its proximity to the beach. I would expect that from a real estate developer's perspective, the current land use is poor. True, the beach front from Soi 55 down to the Hilton is also of poor quality, and polluted by the presence of the rotting piers and "fish restaurants", but my understanding is that those  piers and restaurants are "illegal" and will eventually be removed. The fight has been going on for 40 years. Here's a good summary of the  land issue and its true value 

As mentioned by others, the area is too congested. Bintabaht has not seen any large development project in a decade, at least nothing like the new hotels or Blu Port down towards soi 94. The strip between 88 and 110 has been the big boom zone, and there are upscale types of developments like the trendy Dusit 1 residences and the Inter Continental residences, which means there has been a influx of thousands of higher income residents and visitors. There is  also a diversity of nicer budget hotels that attract  the elderly long stay foreign visitors who are likely to visit the  restaurants and bars.  The new bar zone isn't really new since it always had bars and restaurants. However, the smart thing that they did was to increase the options and to better use the area, without creating the stuffy claustrophobic ambience of Bintabhat. It is airier, roomier even though it is high density.  The presence of the rail line and  service roads prevents the tight feeling one feels in cities like Patong along the Rat-U tourist strip.  At some point we  will see a redevelopment of Bintabaht and once the Hilton is finally sold, a new development on the Hilton site.  The new railway link is the game changer and in a few years, tens of thousands of Bangkok residents will be coming for their holidays and second homes.

12 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Actually that area of Hua Hin surrounding the Hilton is(or was) one of the best walkable Thai tourist towns, IMO

I actually find HH to be quite congested around the big main road

One of the reasons we decided not to settle in Hua Hin despite my wife being born very close to there

Just way too much traffic

But that area around the Hilton is great 

I think there will be a new second road running parallel to the railway line fairly soon. The land has been cleared already, so hopefully in the future that will make a difference to the traffic.