News Forum - District in northeast Thailand organising two-month long “Christmas Festival”

Thaiger

Do you ever wish Christmas lasted longer? Well, your wish might come true if you visit one district in northeast Thailand.  Phu Ruea district in Loei province will soon hold the “Christmas Festival” at the Phu Ruea Christmas Courtyard, at the entrance to the Phu Ruea National Park. The festival will be held from November 25 until January 31. The opening ceremony is scheduled for November 25-26, Friday to Saturday.  At the festival, tourists can enjoy the scenery of red poinsettia Christmas flowers. Phu Ruea district is one of the coldest places in Thailand, and is the biggest winter flower seller […]

The story District in northeast Thailand organising two-month long “Christmas Festival” as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Unless you are a devout Christian (just a touch of an oxymoron there), Christmas has become nothing more than a festival of excess, driven by the greed of providers and the manufactured greed of consumers. An excuse for a not always friendly, super-large family dinner and presents. Presents that may or may not be genuinely accepted by the recipient and usually come with the receipt attached so that it can be conveniently returned or exchanged in the next few days.

Pass me on that.

1 hour ago, Viggen840 said:

Unless you are a devout Christian (just a touch of an oxymoron there), Christmas has become nothing more than a festival of excess, driven by the greed of providers and the manufactured greed of consumers. An excuse for a not always friendly, super-large family dinner and presents. Presents that may or may not be genuinely accepted by the recipient and usually come with the receipt attached so that it can be conveniently returned or exchanged in the next few days.

Pass me on that.

Passed!

What a whiney party pooper!

I like that Thailand is adjusting to the non religious aspect of this holiday. We don’t touch anything near to having a religious undertone on it. But we love it. 

10 hours ago, Viggen840 said:

Pass me on that.

I think in certain areas that is true(except possibly the family aspect, I'd suggest getting better family members)

But in Boston(where I am from) they go way overboard on gifts, to the point it's ridiculous

Where as in Vancouver(where I live) even most well off people don't go overboard with gifts

But Canada is always a bit more sensible in regards to holidays

I still loooooove Xmas, just don't buy into a ton of gifts part of it