News Forum - Two Czech tourists seriously injured in road accident in southern Thailand

Thaiger

A pickup truck crashed into two Czech tourists crossing a dimly lit road in Phang Nha province in southern Thailand last night. Both of the tourists are seriously injured. At 7.30pm, officers from Khao Lak Police Station were informed that a car hit and injured pedestrians in front of Pee Ann’s restaurants on the Phetchakasem Road in Khuk Kak subdistrict. Rescue workers and police rushed to the scene where they found 64 year old Vladimr Koci lying in a pool of blood in the right lane. About five metres away, Vladmir’s 50 year old wife Jana Koci Lhotakova was lying […]

The story Two Czech tourists seriously injured in road accident in southern Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

7 hours ago, francoa said:

Very necessary to identify the poor tourists by full name? This is punishable by law in the west.

Hopefully family members were informed prior to the names being released? I’m afraid these two unfortunate people are just two of hundred who will have been injured or killed on Thai roads  that same day, the majority being Thais.

What is the first priority of government? To keep its people safe. Another miserable failure for the various Thai governments over the years.  

• Like 1

Wheather conditions and capable speed incl health of eyesight - go hand in hand - all 3 - logically .

My experience in Thailand is , that this is not the case here and whatever you do however you move you always have to be aware that the worst could happen taking part in Thai traffic .

Blind people driving motorbikes , people not giving you the way , people reversing on motorways or parking on motorways without anyy warning signs .

This can end very bad for anyone , even if you are aware of this .

I was very lucky 3 times , thats enough .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the seen helping with CPR on the female casualty and would like to know what the condition of the casualties now is. I am now back home in the UK and would very much appreciate an update on their condition please. Could someone find out and respond please ?

Mark Hollinshead

United Kingdom.

• Like 1