News Forum - King Maha Vajiralongkorn, Queen Suthida meet Xi, Peng Liyuan

Thaiger

The hugely expensive and profitable (for some) APEC Summit has ground to its uninspiring conclusion.  World leaders have bidden each other tearful farewells until their next free feed at the corruption buffet. Backslapping over, the leader of the communist world took time out from his oppressive commitments to take tea and selfies with Thailand’s Royal Family, as reported by Xinhua, Xi’s state news and propaganda agency. The Xinhua description of events harkens back to the glorious days of journalism when reporters showed respect to their subjects and kept their opinions to themselves. As a mark of respect for tradition, The […]

The story King Maha Vajiralongkorn, Queen Suthida meet Xi, Peng Liyuan as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How come America has a news outlet but China has a 'state news and propaganda agency?' I mean, NYT anybody? At best it lies like a cheap watch. As does the Washington Post.

16 minutes ago, Poolie said:

How come America has a news outlet but China has a 'state news and propaganda agency?' I mean, NYT anybody? At best it lies like a cheap watch. As does the Washington Post.

The NYT and Washington Post are independent news agencies. The Chinese  news agencies are directly controlled by the CCP. I thought you were educated in the West and understood these things? Give me a shout if you need me to explain the bleeding obvious anytime. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Chinese News Agency part of the article does read more like a government or corporate press release than a journalist writing an independent story.

Just an observation and I suppose each to their own style. But doing it that way does not inspire in me any confidence of an independent reporting source.

39 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

The Chinese News Agency part of the article does read more like a government or corporate press release than a journalist writing an independent story.

Just an observation and I suppose each to their own style. But doing it that way does not inspire in me any confidence of an independent reporting source.

Just take a look at the literal translation!!

17 hours ago, Poolie said:

Difference is that the New York Times or Washington Post can, and do, publish articles that are critical of the US government, whereas anyone at Xinhua that fails to follow the CCP line is, at  best, going to spend a considerable amount of time being "re-educated".

36 minutes ago, Poolie said:

No, they dont.

NYT and WP are the most outrageous liars though.

But they are free to publish what they want. Why can’t you see this glaringly obvious difference. They can tell lies, truths and half truths.  No one decides for them unlike the CCP. I think you need some reeducation.

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

No, they dont.

NYT and WP are the most outrageous liars though.

Ok. so your argument is that western media is no different than  CCP media organizations.  Your attention is drawn to the  licensing requirement  in PRC for news media. Also, it is no secret that since 2016 almost all of independent PRC News services were closed by Chinese government. Examples are  Sina, Sohu, NetEase and iFeng, were shut for publishing independent reports instead of official statements. Yes, NYT and WP can have opinions and often print embarrassing stories for  US government (example are wikileaks, WMD in Iraq) However, NYT and WP are independent and are not under control of US government.  Please do not make outlandish  statement. China has closed all media organizations in Hong Kong that  were critical of government.  US government has done nothing of the same for 100+ years.

• Like 1

There is something beautiful and admirable in the way you keep going to battle when you know perfectly well none of your points hold up to the slightest scrutiny Paulie. I kind of command you for that.

8 hours ago, Wackamole said:

There is something beautiful and admirable in the way you keep going to battle when you know perfectly well none of your points hold up to the slightest scrutiny Paulie. I kind of command you for that.

He’s paid to do so. CCP employee. Nothing commendable. If he’s not being paid then it’s more sad then admirable. Promoting a totalitarian state like the CCP is nothing short of shameful. 

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

He’s paid to do so. CCP employee. Nothing commendable. If he’s not being paid then it’s more sad then admirable. Promoting a totalitarian state like the CCP is nothing short of shameful. 

That was tongue in cheek.

But we should nevertheless take a moment to appreciate how crappy he is at what he does for money. And be thankful for the laughs.

• Haha 1