News Forum - China’s Xi takes APEC by storm after stealing the show with hardline statements

Thaiger

3 hours ago, Khunmark said:

Independent views, so long as they conform to your own, if your posting history is any guide. Lol.

That’s your view. Hopefully it’s independent? 

On 11/21/2022 at 8:21 PM, Rookiescot said:

So I can post a view that the Chinese Communist Party are nothing but a bunch of thieving, lying and brutal thugs. As demonstrated by its many actions including annexing countries (Tibet) brutal repression of ethnic groups (Uighurs) and its total control over state media and how it limits access to the internet to stop its population learning the truth.

Can you criticize the CCP in the same way? Or are you afraid to do so?

You’ve completely missed the memo, here. One poster has extolled the values of independent thought whilst in the same breath vilified another poster for have an independent thought. If you want to participate in an exercise where you and your friends  slap each other on the back for sharing you marvellous, uncontested world views then start a support group.

2 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

You’ve completely missed the memo, here. One poster has extolled the values of independent thought whilst in the same breath vilified another poster for have an independent thought. If you want to participate in an exercise where you and your friends  slap each other on the back for sharing you marvellous, uncontested world views then start a support group.

I’m baffled by your post. What exactly is your point? What exactly did the person say that you either agreed or disagreed with? I’m assuming “one poster” was a reference to one of my posts? Again I’m confused by the point you are making. Can you try to be more clear please? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

You extoll the virtues of Xi and the CCP then wax lyrical about independent thought?

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 1:13 PM, Poolie said:

There are up to 110,000 American citizens in China currently.

Everything else you have written is just as inaccurate.

Keep on believing that….oh snap your on lock down again!!

On 11/19/2022 at 1:13 PM, Poolie said:

There are up to 110,000 American citizens in China currently.

Everything else you have written is just as inaccurate.

Keep on believing that….oh snap China is on lock down again!!

7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Keep on believing that….oh snap your on lock down again!!

Keep on believing that….oh snap China is on lock down again!!

Actually, I'm not on anything remotely similar to lockdown. Never have been. Dont believe the hype.

• Cool 1

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

Actually, I'm not on anything remotely similar to lockdown. Never have been. Dont believe the hype.

Sorry, slight correction. Last time I returned from Thailand, I was requested to stay indoors for two weeks and report my temperature. That was March 2019 I believe.

• Cool 1