Tourist visa question

danny77

Hi folks, I am going to apply for a 60 day tourist visa. After an online search, it said one of the requirements is to show proof of a return flight (paid in full). I am planning to extend the tourist visa by another 30 days, so will it be OK for me to show a flight booking which departs Thailand after 90 days after my arrival, rather than 60 days? Thanks!

Was that a general search?
You should only be reading the requirement at the Thai Embassy/Consulate where you'll be submitting your application - Japan.

According to the Thai Consulate Osaka website, they don't request a 'return' flight ticket.
5. One copy of confirmed airline ticket paid in full or ticket reservation confirmation
⚫ The confirmed airline ticket paid in full or ticket reservation confirmation must be issued by airline or travel company and must contain the applicant's name, flight number and date arrival

http://www.thaiconsulate.jp/files/user/visa_pdf/Tourist_ENG.pdf

1 hour ago, danny77 said:

so will it be OK for me to show a flight booking which departs Thailand after 90 days after my arrival, rather than 60 days? Thanks!

Any return flight should be booked for 89 days after arrival, or you'll have one day overstay.
The date of arrival counts as day 1 of your trip.