News Forum - VIDEO: Chinese President Xi berates Canadian PM Trudeau ahead of APEC

Thaiger

Things could get a bit feisty ahead of tomorrow’s Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit in Bangkok after Chinese President Xi Jinping and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau exchanged a few choice words at the G20 Summit in Indonesia. President Xi yesterday confronted Canadian PM Trudeau at the summit in Bali and accused him of lacking “sincerity” after he leaked details of a meeting between the pair to the press. The media filmed Xi approaching Trudeau and, through a translator, told him it was “not appropriate” that details about a conversation between the two leaders was shared with the press. “Everything we discuss […]

The story VIDEO: Chinese President Xi berates Canadian PM Trudeau ahead of APEC as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Screw Xi

Trudeau was right in putting out the actual transcript before China can put out their garbage 

Trudeau should have told him to beat it

And also told Xi to learn English so he can conduct himself on the world stage 

• Like 4

Interesting take on this. President Xi "rebuked" Trudeau.

Trudeau then talks about open and honest discussions. I think the west is now used to the "double speak" China gives to the world and expect more conversations to be made public. What China says and what China does are often miles apart.

If Xi has no issues with open and honest discussions why is he so defensive Mr Bob Scott? 

• Like 4

Xi only demonstrated to the world what most people already know. This is an arrogant dictator who feels no one is even equal to him, let alone above him. He came across as out of touch, shallow and uneducated. He’s lucky it was Trudeau he was speaking to. One or two other G20 leaders would have been less polite and a previous one would have likely nutted him 😉.

What a total jerk Xi looked in that video clip. He reminded me of the days when Ceausescu stood on the balcony bemused why the crowd were jeering him. A day or so later he was dragged out of an armoured car and killed.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrNovax said:

Two tyrants arguing over how tyrannically they should be.  The best thing for the world is that they dont communicate.

Well I don’t see Trudeau as a Tyrant, but that’s a matter of opinion. The good news however, is that if enough people agree with you, then they can vote Trudeau out of office no later than October 2025. Sadly the same isn’t true for the Chinese people. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Thaiger said:

President Xi yesterday confronted Canadian PM Trudeau at the summit in Bali and accused him of lacking “sincerity” after he leaked details of a meeting between the pair to the press.

It's like fighting a guerrilla war with CCP. Hiding the truth and half truth are difficult for a sincere outcome.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HiuMak said:

It's like fighting a guerrilla war with CCP. Hiding the truth and half truth are difficult for a sincere outcome.  

That’s a nice way of putting it. I’d say it’s more like fighting a war with a bunch of lying, two faced, insincere, manipulative, immoral, dishonest, untrustworthy heathens. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

Well I don’t see Trudeau as a Tyrant, but that’s a matter of opinion. The good news however, is that if enough people agree with you, then they can vote Trudeau out of office no later than October 2025. Sadly the same isn’t true for the Chinese people. 

18 hours ago, Soidog said:

Xi only demonstrated to the world what most people already know. This is an arrogant dictator who feels no one is even equal to him, let alone above him. He came across as out of touch, shallow and uneducated. He’s lucky it was Trudeau he was speaking to. One or two other G20 leaders would have been less polite and a previous one would have likely nutted him 😉.

What a total jerk Xi looked in that video clip. He reminded me of the days when Ceausescu stood on the balcony bemused why the crowd were jeering him. A day or so later he was dragged out of an armoured car and killed.  

If only history could repeat itself, this time with XI. Unlikely because this very dangerous, calculating dictator is confident that the Chinese will do and say anything and everything he says.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Marc26 said:

And also told Xi to learn English so he can conduct himself on the world stage 

Even if he does speak english, this is a sly way asians act to keep an upper hand and be in a sense demeaning. Seen it in too much business over here and it works unless you know what's going on.. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Soidog said:

That’s a nice way of putting it. I’d say it’s more like fighting a war with a bunch of lying, two faced, insincere, manipulative, immoral, dishonest, untrustworthy heathens. 

Doesn't that describe the vast majority of politicians?

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2022 at 7:35 PM, Soidog said:

He seized bank accounts, restricted peoples movements, shut down businesses/ churches/ schools.  Not sure there is much Xi has done that Trudeu hasn't and its every bit as awful if 10% agree or 51% do.

3 hours ago, MrNovax said:

Not sure there is much Xi has done that Trudeu hasn't and its every bit as awful if 10% agree or 51% do.

Oh I do t know. How about forced sterilisation? Imprisoning thousands of citizens simply because they are Muslim? Continuing with the worlds only remaining colonisation? Bullying neighbouring countries? Ripping up the international agreements with other countries (Hong Kong)? Seizing power to ensure he’s president for life? I don’t think dear old Justin has done much of that, do you?  

On 11/21/2022 at 8:16 PM, Soidog said:

Oh I do t know. How about forced sterilisation? Imprisoning thousands of citizens simply because they are Muslim? Continuing with the worlds only remaining colonisation? Bullying neighbouring countries? Ripping up the international agreements with other countries (Hong Kong)? Seizing power to ensure he’s president for life? I don’t think dear old Justin has done much of that, do you?  

Give him time, he's still young.  Hard for him to bully neighboring countries when the only country he neighbors has the largest army in the world.  But Justin certainly has tried to imprison thousands of citizens simply because they decided not to take a medical procedure he would prefer they take, seized funding from protestors protesting against him (and even people who simply donated), and jailed some of the organizers.  

Lets see if he grows up to be more like daddy down in Cuba

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrNovax said:

Give him time, he's still young.  Hard for him to bully neighboring countries when the only country he neighbors has the largest army in the world.  But Justin certainly has tried to imprison thousands of citizens simply because they decided not to take a medical procedure he would prefer they take, seized funding from protestors protesting against him (and even people who simply donated), and jailed some of the organizers.  

Lets see if he grows up to be more like daddy down in Cuba

Utterly ridiculous. Get some help ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

Utterly ridiculous. Get some help ! 

Well it's not all ridiculous but just like most right wing conspiracy/misinformation guys, they can't help themselves adding some misinformation even when they have some valid points

No, he didn't" imprison thousands of citizens simply because they decided not to take a medical procedure"

That is simply a lie and just absurd to add such a lie when you actually have valid points

But you can debate the legality and the morality of freezing bank accounts of protestors, I don't think that is such a utterly ridiculous debate to have.....

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

But you can debate the legality and the morality of freezing bank accounts of protestors, I don't think that is such an utterly ridiculous debate to have.....

Yes, you can debate it and unlike the tyrant Xi, you can debate it at the ballot box in a couple of years. This is the key difference in a democracy. If the majority of people don’t like what their leaders are doing then vote them out. Something the people of China and many other countries around the world don’t have.