News Forum - Phuket pickup truck racers fined

Thaiger

UPDATE Pickup truck drivers who went viral in a video for racing on a Phuket road last week have been fined. Three racers presented themselves at Phuket City Police Station on Friday and admitted that they were the drivers in the viral clips. The three men have now been fined 2,000 baht each. They are facing charges of causing loud noises without a necessary reason, reckless driving, and modifying vehicles illegally, The Phuket Express reported. Since the men cooperated with police and surrendered themselves, their identities were withheld from the press. ORIGINAL STORY A video of pickup trucks racing on […]

The story Phuket pickup truck racers fined as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2,000 baht!  What a joke. If they can afford to buy a pick up, modify them and burn fuel racing, then they can easily afford 2,000 baht. They must be laughing 

I sometimes do not understand Thai police. Are they law enforcers or are they crime supporters.

Impound those bloody trucks and keep them off the roads until they are street legal.

7 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

I sometimes do not understand Thai police. Are they law enforcers or are they crime supporters.

Impound those bloody trucks and keep them off the roads until they are street legal.

Thailand is 50-100 years away from having a Police service. I’m not sure what you call the bunch of people walking around Thailand with the word “Police” on their clothes. 

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Thailand is 50-100 years away from having a Police service. I’m not sure what you call the bunch of people walking around Thailand with the word “Police” on their clothes. 

Sounds more like a legal organized gangs.

• Like 1