Thank you, Donald Trump!

Shade_Wilder

Thank you, Donald Trump!

Why am I thanking Donald Trump? I think in many ways he salvaged an election for the Democrats that they were destined to get destroyed in. That is a good thing as the current Republican party isn't terribly sane at the moment, and needs some time to beat down the Whack-Jobs, AKA MTG (the Jewish Space-Laser Lady) and the like.

How so?

The first election after a new President is sworn in usually is a referendum on that new President and usually that person's party suffers greatly as it is easy to say 'it's all his fault'. However, because of the extreme narcissism of Trump, it became a 'Choice' election which essentially split the electorate down the middle.

Second, due to his iron grip on the Nut-Job elements of the Republican party, candidates were forced to state that the last election wasn't fair when people, sane people, know it was. It made the Repub candidates look stupid.

Third, and following on from number two, he forced candidates to look backwards to the last election when many voters want to look ahead; no one wins elections by walking backwards to the future.

Fourth, he inflicted several candidates on the party who were/are not much good and/or sidelined better candidates who might have won; Hershel Walker, Dr Oz, Masters, Mastriano, etc., etc. etc.

Fifth, by not shutting his mouth and staying out of the spotlight, he reminded voters (the same voters who voted him out last time) why they don't like the Repubs generally and him in particular.

Sixth, he appointed religious fanatics to the Supreme Court who inflicted their beliefs on abortion upon Americans generally and American women specifically, and the people didn't like that and made their feelings known.

Seventh, he simply reminded the electorate of all the crap associated with him; the endless petty insults, the divisive rhetoric, the lack of ideas in favor of "Owning the Libs", the endless whining about unfairness, etc., etc., etc.

As I write this, I don't know who will control the Congress, but it is safe to say that it'll be closely split. 

It should have been a "Red Wave", but Trump put a stop to that.

Thank you, Donald Trump!

Finally, I sincerely hope that he gets the Repub nomination for 2024 as I rate his chances of winning a General Election as very, very low to none.

In a perfect world, Trump will get the Repub nomination for 2024, lose the election, then the Coalition of the Sane will begin booting out all the loonies from the Repub Party. The US of A would be well-served by a return of a reasonable, sane Republican Party to counterbalance the Whack-Jobs in the Democrats.

It is sad to say, but perhaps the US can have a reasonable election with two reasonable candidates in 2028; it shouldn't take that long, but...

Some reading...

Have a look at just about any newspaper, anywhere in the world.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

Republicans are insane if they don't dump him for DeSantis 

He can't win nationally and he's never going go shut up about 2020

But hey, let's hope they are stupid enough to stay with Trump

As for overall

I'm thrilled with yesterday even if Republicans take the House by a slim margin

There are things wrong and hopefully the democrats listen 

But most of the real MAGA scum didn't get elected so that's good 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Thank you, Donald Trump!

Why am I thanking Donald Trump? I think in many ways he salvaged an election for the Democrats that they were destined to get destroyed in. That is a good thing as the current Republican party isn't terribly sane at the moment, and needs some time to beat down the Whack-Jobs, AKA MTG (the Jewish Space-Laser Lady) and the like.

How so?

The first election after a new President is sworn in usually is a referendum on that new President and usually that person's party suffers greatly as it is easy to say 'it's all his fault'. However, because of the extreme narcissism of Trump, it became a 'Choice' election which essentially split the electorate down the middle.

Second, due to his iron grip on the Nut-Job elements of the Republican party, candidates were forced to state that the last election wasn't fair when people, sane people, know it was. It made the Repub candidates look stupid.

Third, and following on from number two, he forced candidates to look backwards to the last election when many voters want to look ahead; no one wins elections by walking backwards to the future.

Fourth, he inflicted several candidates on the party who were/are not much good and/or sidelined better candidates who might have won; Hershel Walker, Dr Oz, Masters, Mastriano, etc., etc. etc.

Fifth, by not shutting his mouth and staying out of the spotlight, he reminded voters (the same voters who voted him out last time) why they don't like the Repubs generally and him in particular.

Sixth, he appointed religious fanatics to the Supreme Court who inflicted their beliefs on abortion upon Americans generally and American women specifically, and the people didn't like that and made their feelings known.

Seventh, he simply reminded the electorate of all the crap associated with him; the endless petty insults, the divisive rhetoric, the lack of ideas in favor of "Owning the Libs", the endless whining about unfairness, etc., etc., etc.

As I write this, I don't know who will control the Congress, but it is safe to say that it'll be closely split. 

It should have been a "Red Wave", but Trump put a stop to that.

Thank you, Donald Trump!

Finally, I sincerely hope that he gets the Repub nomination for 2024 as I rate his chances of winning a General Election as very, very low to none.

In a perfect world, Trump will get the Repub nomination for 2024, lose the election, then the Coalition of the Sane will begin booting out all the loonies from the Repub Party. The US of A would be well-served by a return of a reasonable, sane Republican Party to counterbalance the Whack-Jobs in the Democrats.

It is sad to say, but perhaps the US can have a reasonable election with two reasonable candidates in 2028; it shouldn't take that long, but...

Some reading...

Have a look at just about any newspaper, anywhere in the world.

Wow.

- MTG (the Jewish Space-Laser Lady) - Sorry, but that woman is known for her anti semitism and is certainly not jewish. 

- The candidates who supported Trump were duly nominated in Republican primaries, which means that registered Republicans voted  for their nomination. In some cases they won by massive majorities.  You are assuming that Trump had the ability to nominate candidates on his own.

- Many candidates who supported Trump particularly those who are promoting the false claims that the  2020 election was "stolen" were elected. The Washington Post analysis of the 569 GOP candidates identified 291 as election deniers. Of the 291, 160 are projected to win their race. That's 55%, and a strong result. If more than half of those people win, it means that their views were shared by  many American voters.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2022/election-deniers-midterms/ 

- Trump did not appoint anyone to the Supreme Court of the USA. A president nominates, and the US senate reviews and votes on the  candidate. The US Senate is  responsible for appointing two questionably competent  judges.  In case you forgot,Democrat caucus member Senator Joe Manchin voted for Brett Kavanaugh.

The fact is that the US core electorate is still calcified into two sedimentary voting blocks. The decisive factor, were young voters  and women who in some districts pushed the voter participation to 90%. The analyses will come out over the next few months, but North east university cities reported some of the highest voter turnouts in history.  States with historically low voter turnout, driven by voter apathy and voter disenfranchisement (hello Alabama, Louisiana)  had stronger Republican voting results.

Trump is down but not out. He is like a horror film  monster: He can be injured, but given time, he will regenerate. The man is sitting on an enormous  election pot. He has to fight back if he hopes to  hold off indictments. Smashie and Nicey the world famous djs at Radio Fab FM, offer a song for this moment, "You aint seen nothing yet, baby"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vigo said:

Many candidates who supported Trump particularly those who are promoting the false claims that the  2020 election was "stolen" were elected. The Washington Post analysis of the 569 GOP candidates identified 291 as election deniers. Of the 291, 160 are projected to win their race. That's 55%, and a strong result. If more than half of those people win, it means that their views were shared by  many American voters.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2022/election-deniers-midterms/

I think its slightly more nuanced than that. Many were parroting the lie about the election just to ensure they got the nomination. As intelligent people they must know its BS but it's what SOME Republican supporters want to hear.

Even so most of those seats where they won have never been anything but Republican. So I would not read their support of the big lie as being anything other than just a pragmatic decision.

Where it becomes far more relevant is in the States where the election could have gone either way. There the Trump endorsed candidates did poorly. Trump is not just divisive for the country. He is also divisive for the Republican party. Many Republican supporters appear to have stayed at home in those states while Democrats were motivated to vote because of Trump.

Doctor Oz being a classic example.

• Like 1

From an outsider looking in.

You have an ex-president that should by all accounts should be behind bars for so many reasons. 

You have a current president who is a puppet (not his fault, mentally unstable) but the party keeps putting him up front and he goofs it a lot of the time. 

The morons orchestrating this charade should be jailed for elderly abuse.

If USA does not have a strong president at the next election the western world is stuffed.

Nutters like Putin in Ukraine, the radical ratbags in Iran, even the Saudis are starting to get weird, the North Korean beach ball, throw in ZJP, who is sitting back laughing and biding his time, all are taking advantage of this dilemma in the USA and the longer it goes on the weaker the western ideals and democracy will be.

Maybe it is time for USA voters to cut out the bullshit rhetoric and think the big picture.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, palooka said:

You have a current president who is a puppet (not his fault, mentally unstable) but the party keeps putting him up front and he goofs it a lot of the time. 

The morons orchestrating this charade should be jailed for elderly abuse.

How is he a puppet?

He has had the biggest success legislatively than many of the previous past Presidents over the last 20-30 years

He knows politics

But I agree that he obviously has his mental lapses

And I think he should not serve a 2nd term

He's older guy that still knows how to do the job but has his "moments"

And as you suggested, and I agree, that is not acceptable for this job

But I would not call him a puppet, by any means

• Like 2

^ I will also add Biden had the best midterms of any of the past 4 or 5 Presidents

This is not a weak President, by any factual matter

The actual facts of legislation and now midterm success prove that......

He may forgot he shook someone's hand or walk the wrong way though  5555

• Like 1

Considering the various bills voted in by states since the 2020 elections, being a mid-term election where traditionally it seems votes go against the sitting President etc, considering the extreme partisanship being displayed by parties, and the relatively poor standing at various times of the sitting President, not to have seen a "red wave" really is quite telling.

What is obscene though is the sheer size of the estimated cost of something to likely deliver the Senate as status quo and a small majority for the Republicans in the House, thereby freezing much of federal government for another 2 years. $16.7 Billion!

https://www.newsnationnow.com/politics/elections-2022/midterm-election-spending-break-records-billions/

I don't see many "wins"' here for either side to brag about.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Considering the various bills voted in by states since the 2020 elections, being a mid-term election where traditionally it seems votes go against the sitting President etc, considering the extreme partisanship being displayed by parties, and the relatively poor standing at various times of the sitting President, not to have seen a "red wave" really is quite telling.

What is obscene though is the sheer size of the estimated cost of something to likely deliver the Senate as status quo and a small majority for the Republicans in the House, thereby freezing much of federal government for another 2 years. $16.7 Billion!

https://www.newsnationnow.com/politics/elections-2022/midterm-election-spending-break-records-billions/

I don't see many "wins"' here for either side to brag about.

I agree with you 100%

It's absurd the money is spent

And they don't even pretend it is anything more than who spends the most money

It's perverse

But everything about US politics is corrupt and disgusting 

• Like 3

A post, previously removed in violation of the FG's, has been reposted, and removed again.
Any attempt to repost it again will result in a formal warning and a free weekend holiday.

Read the rules.

Moderator.