News Forum - Kim Jong-Un sets the dogs on South Korea’s politicians

Thaiger

A pair of dogs given by North Korea’s tinpot leader Kim Jong-Un to South Korea’s former president Moon Jae-in in 2018 are fighting for scraps at the centre of a political row. The former president blames his conservative successor for the problem. Moon does not want to pay for food for a pair of dogs he didn’t asked for (but really did), and thinks the Korean people should buy his dogs’ dinner. Moon received the two white pungsan – a breed said to be indigenous to North Korea – from Kim at a waste-of-time peace summit in Pyongyang in September […]

The story Kim Jong-Un sets the dogs on South Korea’s politicians as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"The ministry confirmed it had a budget to provide 2.5 million won (US$1,800) to ensure the animals continued to live in the luxury to which they were accustomed in the impoverished north. This includes 500,000 won (US$360) for dog food and vet bills, and 2 million won (US$1,400) to pay someone to take the ex-president’s doggies for walkies."

Who the hell needs 1,800$ a month (see BBC article, https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-63539618) to take care of a couple of dogs? My cat gets by on 10 dollars a month for food plus any/all rats she catches, and gets 'walked' by me shoving her out the (ground floor!) window.

Moreover, what kind of a psychopath can accept and house a couple of pets for several years, and then just toss them aside like a used pair of shoes? They are living creatures and he accepted care of them; would he kick his own children to the curb as well? Send them to the proverbial mines?

If this heartless B*****d can so easily and callously do away with his pets, then perhaps he should just make some soup and be done with them? I am not a fan of eating pets, but if the psycho is so heartless to boot them out of his house regardless...

Finally, I asked an old pal of mine in S Korea why he didn't simply give them to someone else if he didn't want them anymore, and he replied "the concern is that he will give them away, someone will steal them, roast them and eat them in front of the Legislature as an anti-North Korean political statement, thus starting World War Three".

What a messed up world we live in...

😎

• Like 2