News Forum - Drunk police doctor who crashed Porsche killing 2 in Thailand avoids prison for now

Thaiger

Today, Thon Buri Provincial Court sentenced a police doctor to three years imprisonment and a fine of 101,000 baht for speeding and drink-driving in his Porsche, causing a crash that killed two people and seriously injured one more person in Bangkok back in August 2021. However, although the defendant pleaded guilty on all counts, the court suspended his punishment for two years, leaving him a free man for now. After two years, the court will reconvene again. If he is well-behaved, the possibility exists that he will avoid prison completely. On August 29 last year, Pl. Lt. Dr Panurak drove […]

The story Drunk police doctor who crashed Porsche killing 2 in Thailand avoids prison for now as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

avoids prison for now

WHY?

(3 reasons)    1. Cop

2. Doctor

3. Hi so

Another instance of shame to be shed on Thailand.

Internationals read this and ask what sort of degenerate society does Thailand encourage?

Social discrimination, financial discrimination and last but not least a good chunk of racial discrimination.

Tell him his actions and compensation to his victims will be assessed on his personal and potential worth and hit him with a bill of 100 million baht + for each victim and watch the smile and him disappear to a jail cell.

Think I'm harsh, put a farlung in his shoes.

• Like 11

Royal Thai Police in action AGAIN!!!

It is pathetic how some foreigners want to associate themseleves with police scum in Thailand, justifying something like "my wife's cousin is a police...", or "the seller is a police...", or "I spent the night drinking with a police..."
The Thai police is THE most disgusting profession in Thailand.

I would be proud to be a relative, a buyer from, or having spent a night with e.g. a plumber/electrician/street-sweeper; they are MUCH more honest law-abiding people.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, palooka said:

Think I'm harsh, put a farlung in his shoes

A falang would already be behind bars and facing a sentence far in excess of what was initially awarded to this HiSo. Three classes of people in LoS: Gutter-scraping falang, the workers, and the corrupt and ruling caste.

• Like 1

Yes, sounds like a proportional punishment . Just like the 64 year old Anchan woman that was sentenced to 43 years last year under the Lese Majeste laws . All very just and proportional .