News Forum - TAT wants US tourists to ‘Feel Thailand’

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) yesterday revealed a deal to bring more tourists to the kingdom from the United States and boost the nation’s ailing economy. TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn announced the state-sponsored industry organized an event this week, Feel Thailand with Delta Air Lines and Korean Air, to take 50 US tour operators to popular tourist destinations in Thailand to promote tourism. “As the winter season begins in countries like the US, now is the perfect time to rediscover the wonders of Thailand. And now that Thailand is fully open to travelers, we want to showcase the new […]

The story TAT wants US tourists to ‘Feel Thailand’ as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Ah well, desperate times mean desperate measures. 

Agreed. However this is top of the barrel stuff. At some point they will have to scrape the barrel and promote it to encourage the Chinese back

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Agreed. However this is top of the barrel stuff. At some point they will have to scrape the barrel and promote it to encourage the Chinese back

God forbid, it may well be too quiet in CM but given the choice, I'd rather have quiet than the pack mentality of the Chinese running around like wild banshees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Havana said:

God forbid, it may well be too quiet in CM but given the choice, I'd rather have quiet than the pack mentality of the Chinese running around like wild banshees.

Agreed. I hope the Dictator Xi keeps the country locked down for the next 30 years. I’ll have checked out by then I would imagine. Mind you, so will he 😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Agreed. I hope the Dictator Xi keeps the country locked down for the next 30 years. I’ll have checked out by then I would imagine. Mind you, so will he 😂

Unfortunately, the 'Dictator' is a bit younger than me but I'd like to see him pushing up daisies whilst I'm still around. 30 years is a tad tame, I'd add a zero to that😂

8 hours ago, Poolie said:

Ah well, desperate times mean desperate measures. 

Yeah, because this doesn't happen in every country all over the world every year since tourism was invented or started to flourish...............

Do you think Thailand grew to 20-30mil tourists a year magically???

This forum bags on TAT constantly(well they bag on everything actually)

Yet I don't think you can say they are anything but a massive success

Almost the 1st place people think of to visit in Asia is Thailand...........that comes from massively successful tourist campaigns over decades

But of course, guys on here would know better.................

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Yeah, because this doesn't happen in every country all over the world every year since tourism was invented or started to flourish...............

Do you think Thailand grew to 20-30mil tourists a year magically???

This forum bags on TAT constantly(well they bag on everything actually)

Yet I don't think you can say they are anything but a massive success

Almost the 1st place people think of to visit in Asia is Thailand...........that comes from massively successful tourist campaigns over decades

But of course, guys on here would know better.................

I dont really care to be honest. The fact that it did tells me all I need to know. People can and do heap opprobrium on Thailand as much as they like, water off a ducks back to me. Why they feel the need is singularly unimportant as far as I'm concerned, carry on. Same with China too.  

Tough luck to bring US folks. There are no direct flights from the US to Thailand and airfare now is too expensive - double of what it was 2 - 3 years ago. Caribbean and Latin America are much closer to the US. 

Edited by MelBurn

4 hours ago, MelBurn said:

Tough luck to bring US folks. There are no direct flights from the US to Thailand and airfare now is too expensive - double of what it was 2 - 3 years ago. Caribbean and Latin America are much closer to the US. 

That simply isn't true

You guys just trot out stuff that you hear people parrot

I 1st flew to Thailand in 2003 at the end of March

I believe my ticket was around $1200usd

March 2023, the same route is $1064usd

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/search?tfs=CBwQAhokag0IAxIJL20vMDJfMjg2EgoyMDIzLTAzLTIzcgcIARIDQktLGiRqBwgBEgNCS0sSCjIwMjMtMDQtMDhyDQgDEgkvbS8wMl8yODZwAYIBCwj___________8BQAFIAZgBAQ&hl=en

And there has been 2 direct flights total from the US to BKK ever that lasted all of maybe a year or two and 10's of millions of US tourists have flown to Thailand in that time