News Forum - Biologist warns that upcoming Songkhla Lake Bridge construction will hurt dolphins

Thaiger

A marine biologist has warned that a new bridge planned that will cross Songkhla Lake will hurt the lake’s Irrawaddy dolphins. The dolphins are considered a vulnerable species by the International Union for Conservation of Nature. The biologist, Thon Thamrongnawasawat, said the number of Irrawaddy dolphins in the lake is likely to drop every year. He noted that the future of Irrawaddy dolphins is uncertain, and urged the government to consider the bridge project’s impact on them before starting construction. Thon said… “The bridge construction across Songkhla Lake would cause unexpected impact on the ecosystem and dolphins, such as noise […]

The story Biologist warns that upcoming Songkhla Lake Bridge construction will hurt dolphins as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

As long as it brings in tourists, what do they care, I must admit, I can understand why they would leave, including their meals, theyd be scared witless.

I'm still listening to unbearable noise from renovations and have been for many months, can't wait for my contract to end so I can fly away, can't swim that far.