News Forum - Truck passenger throws firecrackers at other cars

Thaiger

Netizens demanded police arrest a male passenger of a truck who threw firecrackers at other cars on the road in the central province of Rayong. Sanook reported that the video of a passenger on a white truck throwing a firecracker on the road was circulating on Thai social media last night at 10pm. The video does not provide a clear picture of when the passenger on the truck threw firecrackers on the road and at other cars. However, the 49 year old man, Rangsan Saensook, who record the video insists the dangerous incident occurred. Netizens were outraged by the actions of […]

The story Truck passenger throws firecrackers at other cars as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just another example of the growing trend in Thailand of lack of respect for other people... it's growing rapidly and is abetted by the lack of confrontation in Thai culture... might as well do anything I like... no one will say anything and if they do it's their problem.

10 minutes ago, Skip said:

Just another example of the growing trend in Thailand of lack of respect for other people... it's growing rapidly and is abetted by the lack of confrontation in Thai culture... might as well do anything I like... no one will say anything and if they do it's their problem.

I think you raise an interesting point. Unless the solution to this rising problem is delivered “Top Down” then I’m afraid it will only get worse. Driven by social media attitudes and any sense of peer pressure severely lacking in Thai society, then only instructions and crackdowns by higher authorities will have any chance of success. Given the need to make any move financially attractive to those in power and I’m afraid this isn’t going to get fixed. 

I’ve never bought it to this “Land of Smiles” nonsense. Nor this romantic and exotic idea of “Thainess”. Westerners for years have confused Thailands delayed moves in to the modern world as somehow soft and quaint. Now the full force of technology is well developed, lack of social peer pressure, and parents who are just as bad. And I’m afraid the die is cast. What does all this mean? Nothing most of us aren’t already use to. It just means Thailand will be just like all other developed countries. 

There is some good news if you are a westerner in your 20’s-30’s. Your own countries have got even worse in the past ten years. So coming to Thailand will still feel different and relatively polite and soft. Basically the whole developed world is going down the toilet and it’s driven by the fact that everyone now has a voice and thinks people are listening and aided by lazy global media.  

• Like 1