News Forum - Russian airlines resume direct flights to Phuket

Thaiger

Tourism in Phuket got another boost from Russian tourists as the first direct flights from Moscow to Phuket International Airport resumed. The airport expects to see an average of 30,000 arrivals per day in November. Ikar Airlines was the first to arrive from Moscow yesterday afternoon, with a flight from Russian national airline Aeroflot landing later at 9.10 in the evening. Ikar is a charter airline that operates under Pegas Fly. They usually run flights from Moscow to Phuket, Krabi, and U-Tapao Airport serving Pattaya. Their plane landed at 1.23pm yesterday at Phuket Airport and was met with a special reception […]

The story Russian airlines resume direct flights to Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Their plane landed at 1.23pm yesterday at Phuket Airport and was met with a special reception from airport staff.

You should be ashamed of yourself Thailand.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I have the impression that Thailand would have been happy to sell rest and relax vacations to Schutzstaffel (SS) personnel, with a special package for the Einsatzgruppen, back in the 1940's if the opportunity had arisen.

18 minutes ago, DeeMak said:

Not their war. They should be ashamed over their position on Myanmar military coup.

What happens in the Ukraine is of importance to Thailand. You are obviously unaware of Thailand's occupation of the southern Sultanates and the long history of sectarian strife and atrocities.  A peaceful resolution of the Crimean dispute will directly influence Thailand's own crisis. The Russian invasion of Ukraine sets a precedent and when China goes for land in SE Asia, who will Thailand turn to for help? Russia's manipulating of oil supply and its new attempt to cause famine in at risk regions is Thailand's concern if it claims to be engaged in the world. 

The position expressed is one of selfishness. The genocide in Bosnia wasn't North America's war,but the peacekeepers deployed by Canada, Sweden, Netherlands and air power deployed by the USA were what stopped the mass murders. The Rwandan genocide wasn't the west's problem either, but the west stopped the genocide. Pol Pot was Thailand's problem, as was the homegrown maoist insurrection. Had the west not supported Thailand, there is the likelihood that Thailand would have gone the way of Laos or Cambodia. It's no biggie to farmer Bob in Iowa, surfer Dan of Sydney, or Moumadou of Cote d'Ivoire  if Thailand is occupied by China.

The only positive aspect I can find to the entry of Russians is that it will provide a way for Russians to escape. I do expect to see increased spy activity since Thailand is a preferred destination for Russia's "establishment" workers. Unfortunately, I expect that most Russians are poorly vaccinated against Covid19 and the flu and will bring with them a surge in the infections. The Thais can enjoy the gifts.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

I have the impression that Thailand would have been happy to sell rest and relax vacations to Schutzstaffel (SS) personnel, with a special package for the Einsatzgruppen, back in the 1940's if the opportunity had arisen.

What happens in the Ukraine is of importance to Thailand. You are obviously unaware of Thailand's occupation of the southern Sultanates and the long history of sectarian strife and atrocities.  A peaceful resolution of the Crimean dispute will directly influence Thailand's own crisis. The Russian invasion of Ukraine sets a precedent and when China goes for land in SE Asia, who will Thailand turn to for help? Russia's manipulating of oil supply and its new attempt to cause famine in at risk regions is Thailand's concern if it claims to be engaged in the world. 

The position expressed is one of selfishness. The genocide in Bosnia wasn't North America's war,but the peacekeepers deployed by Canada, Sweden, Netherlands and air power deployed by the USA were what stopped the mass murders. The Rwandan genocide wasn't the west's problem either, but the west stopped the genocide. Pol Pot was Thailand's problem, as was the homegrown maoist insurrection. Had the west not supported Thailand, there is the likelihood that Thailand would have gone the way of Laos or Cambodia. It's no biggie to farmer Bob in Iowa, surfer Dan of Sydney, or Moumadou of Cote d'Ivoire  if Thailand is occupied by China.

The only positive aspect I can find to the entry of Russians is that it will provide a way for Russians to escape. I do expect to see increased spy activity since Thailand is a preferred destination for Russia's "establishment" workers. Unfortunately, I expect that most Russians are poorly vaccinated against Covid19 and the flu and will bring with them a surge in the infections. The Thais can enjoy the gifts.

Great post. Wish I could have given it 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Their plane landed at 1.23pm yesterday at Phuket Airport and was met with a special reception from airport staff.

You should be ashamed of yourself Thailand.

Ashamed of what? They were accepting americans when USA was attacking one country after another.

Thailand doesn’t want to destroy its economy because of one failed corrupt country, Asia is fortunately smarter than dying europe.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, francoa said:

Ashamed of what? They were accepting americans when USA was attacking one country after another.

Thailand doesn’t want to destroy its economy because of one failed corrupt country, Asia is fortunately smarter than dying europe.

"Asia is fortunately smarter than dying europe" - why then Asia is so much poorer and always at war? Or selling out to China? And China turning into a totalitarian state again? 

Edited by MelBurn
  • Like 4

Vigo..  Nato-UKR shelled Donetsk and Lugansk for 8 years wrecking coal mines, electrical substations, water pumping stations and residential housing killing 15,000 civilians. Were you posting you displeasure before Oct. 2022? I bet not.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Vigo said:

Jesus!!

I will only take the Rwanda genocide as example cause this is the wrongest in your post and it would take too long otherwise. I happened to have read a bit about it years ago as my country, the human rights moralist France, has a huge responsability of letting this horror happening,...in 100 days!! But everybody else were too eventually. This is what Clinton said on Day 49 (!!): "“Whether we get involved… in the end must depend on the cumulative weight of the American interests at stake". That's it, basic geopolitic explained in this sentence alone from Clinton. Well, why these defenders of the oppressed  from USA and else do not intervene in Myanmar or Yemen (for example)?  Not in their interests as Clinton had no shame to say loudly about Rwanda (as For France, at least at first, it was actually their interest not to move at all). So that must mean then that they will not move a finger if there is no interests to them there, regardless if crimes against humanity and genocides are also happening. Thailand has no interest of taking side against the Russians (nor Ukraine as it happens), they just do like every other country does, protecting their interest. Why is this not just the obvious to everyone, I do not get it. None of the examples listed in your comment are proving the opposite of that fact.

http://www.rwandanstories.org/genocide/role_of_the_west.html

The only positive aspect I can find to the entry of Russians is that it will provide a way for Russians to escape.

At least we agree on that.

11 hours ago, MelBurn said:

"Asia is fortunately smarter than dying europe" - why then Asia is so much poorer and always at war? Or selling out to China? And China turning into a totalitarian state again? 

Asia at war?:-)))  Where?

Are you aware of the history of the world? How it was developing?

Much poorer? Yes, they started MUCH later. People dont have huge amount of money, but those countries, Thailand, Vietnam and other are growing as no western country does.

Asia is growing and developing so fast. Those cities here look 100x more modern and rich than majority of europe.

And the future and number dont lie…europe has enormous debt, no growth, decline, no birth rate and is killing itself with liberal crap.

And selling out to China? Are you kidding? USA created strong  China

Have some experience, critical thinking, understand finances, past, trends…and then come to discuss serious topics.

I am sure you excel in something, but commenting politics and economy is not your cup of tea

• Like 1

Will they stay or will they go..?? Did you think about that? Who would want to go back to Russia? They are screwed for a long time.. thinking Russians are tourist is a joke..

9 minutes ago, Ddave said:

thinking Russians are tourist is a joke..

My thoughts, too. My guess, a lot of the younger families are not here for a 2-4 week holiday. It looks more, some saddle in to longerish stay house/bglw renting accomodations, already.

3 hours ago, NoriT said:

Vigo..  Nato-UKR shelled Donetsk and Lugansk for 8 years wrecking coal mines, electrical substations, water pumping stations and residential housing killing 15,000 civilians. Were you posting you displeasure before Oct. 2022? I bet not.

This is total BS.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NoriT said:

NATO did not shell Donetsk and Lugansk. Oh, sure, you wish to make a link between NATO and the Ukraine, but no it is not there. You also neglect to acknowledge that at the time of conflict, Russia had invaded and seized Crimea, which was legally a part of the Ukraine, yes?

And for the record, I have no love for Ukraine. I don't like them and never have, but this is a personal bias  that comes from my childhood when the people who were most likely to make with ethnic remarks were east europeans like Russians and Ukrainians. I can differentiate between my personal bias and what I know is  a wrongful act and the Russian meddling in the region is long documented and is wrong. Russians tried to keep Ukraine a puppet state and failed.  Yes, the Ukrainians did discriminate against ethnic Russians, but so does Russia discriminate against other ethnic groups. These people have been killing each other for centuries. Both Ukraine and Russia had blood on their hands, but Russia has been bully boy of the region since 1945.

We are here in 2022 and are dealing with wrongful acts of 2022. Thailand is welcoming people who are most likely to have been directly implicated in the bombing of schools and hospitals. The Russian military and Wagner contractors who holiday in Hua Hin,ad Pattaya are most likely to have  been responsible for the rapes of children and the mass murder of civilians in the Ukraine.  Offering that the Ukraine engaged in conflict with Russia previously does not justify the admission of people who engage in genocide.Russia is not engaged in a lawful war: It is Russia who has attacked Ukraine, and seized land. And it is Russia who is  shown to be engaged in many diabolical savage war crimes.

• Like 3

On 10/31/2022 at 10:39 AM, Thaiger said:

The airport expects to see an average of 30,000 arrivals per day in November.

someone been on the exaggeration pills again .? 

As for letting them in I'd be putting all washing machines out of sight or they'll be having the circuit boards away for their return to the motherland .. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Manu said:

Jesus!!

I will only take the Rwanda genocide as example cause this is the wrongest in your post and it would take too long otherwise. I happened to have read a bit about it years ago as my country, the human rights moralist France, has a huge responsability of letting this horror happening,...in 100 days!! But everybody else were too eventually. This is what Clinton said on Day 49 (!!): "“Whether we get involved… in the end must depend on the cumulative weight of the American interests at stake". That's it, basic geopolitic explained in this sentence alone from Clinton. Well, why these defenders of the oppressed  from USA and else do not intervene in Myanmar or Yemen (for example)?  Not in their interests as Clinton had no shame to say loudly about Rwanda (as For France, at least at first, it was actually their interest not to move at all). So that must mean then that they will not move a finger if there is no interests to them there, regardless if crimes against humanity and genocides are also happening. Thailand has no interest of taking side against the Russians (nor Ukraine as it happens), they just do like every other country does, protecting their interest. Why is this not just the obvious to everyone, I do not get it. None of the examples listed in your comment are proving the opposite of that fact.

http://www.rwandanstories.org/genocide/role_of_the_west.html

At least we agree on that.

Wasn’t the Rwandan conflict an internal and tribal war regarding the Tutsi and Hutu? And isn’t the same true about what is taking place in Myanmar? The same is true about the conflict in Yemen where two internal sides, one supported by Saudi and one by Iran are at war.   Ukraine was a sovereign, peaceful, independent democratic country invaded by a foreign power. This is a totally different conflict and hence this is why not to condemn it is against international norms and what Thailand has signed up to as a member of the UN. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Wasn’t the Rwandan conflict an internal and tribal war regarding the Tutsi and Hutu? And isn’t the same true about what is taking place in Myanmar? The same is true about the conflict in Yemen where two internal sides, one supported by Saudi and one by Iran are at war.   Ukraine was a sovereign, peaceful, independent democratic country invaded by a foreign power. This is a totally different conflict and hence this is why not to condemn it is against international norms and what Thailand has signed up to as a member of the UN. 

Sure because one conflict makes more sense then the other to you. Your comment is so stupid and inhuman, it is simply not worth even answering. Get on with thoughts that are not even yours, just some that you are supposed yo get along with. You do it a very good job of it.

6 minutes ago, Manu said:

Sure because one conflict makes more sense than the other to you. Your comment is so stupid and inhuman, it is simply not worth even answering. Get on with thoughts that are not even yours, just some that you are supposed yo get along with. You do it a very good job of it.

Grumpy old man syndrome is often triggered when you lose an argument or debate. Don’t worry, you’ll be fine after a nap. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, NoriT said:

This is a lie