News Forum - Thai policeman & govt official arrested for selling personal info to scam call centre

Thaiger

A police officer and a government official have been arrested for selling the personal information of Thai people to scam call centre gangs. The Deputy Commissioner of the Royal Thai Police, Torsak Sookwimon, revealed today that two government officials were involved with a scam call centre gang, and have been prosecuted for their actions. The first officer is a police lieutenant colonel, and the second one is a Commerce Ministry officer. Torsak revealed that the two crooks were arrested by cyber police with 14 other suspects at the beginning of this month. Eight suspects were arrested for opening bank accounts […]

The story Thai policeman & govt official arrested for selling personal info to scam call centre as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The first officer is a police lieutenant colonel, and the second one is a Commerce Ministry officer.

Oh the shock of it all. Unbelievable.

Sorry I forgot I was in Thailand for a moment.😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Probably the tip of the iceberg I dare to say . The other day there was an article about a school director who received a 50 year sentence for corruption involving the meals the children where getting . Some people thought the punishment was disproportional . I thought it was justified and proportional . Here I think that a "possible" one year jail sentence would be much to lenient . The officials involved should receive an exemplary sentence to deter others. Otherwise the rot of corruption will never go away .

9 hours ago, Donald said:

The officials involved should receive an exemplary sentence to deter others. Otherwise the rot of corruption will never go away .

The problem is those in charge do not want the rot of corruption to go away as first they are also all corrupt and earning very nicely and secondly the corruption helps them to control those lower down the chain.